Popular on eTradeWire
- Khoja Consultants facing corporate espionage - 551
- One Benefit of COVID-19 on Addiction Treatment - 186
- Northstar Financial Services Bermuda Liquidated - 185
- San Diego's Chef Oz on Food Network's CHOPPED on October 13 - 175
- Winn Claybaugh and Eric W. Fulbright II on Creating a Culture of Inclusiveness and Anti-Racism - 170
- Musical Artist and Founder of Nious Media Launches The Arcade Cabinet Podcast on iHeart Radio - 159
- MD Orgs to Stymie Trump If He Overrides FDA - 144
- Alicia Marie Phidd ,Esq drops EP after penning nonfiction and adding podcaster to her titles in 2020 - 116
- SkateHut Reveals 'Lose Control' as Most Played TikTok Song As Trump To Ban App in USA - 110
- Rize Announces Enhanced Leadership Roles
Similar on eTradeWire
- SA Prep Announces the Tunette Powell Writing Award Competition Recipients
- National School Bus Safety Week (Oct. 19–23) Promotes Safety Aspects of Yellow School Bus
- Invisalign in Exton is an Affordable Alternative to Traditional Braces
- Local Health Center to Host Pop-up Halloween Flu Vaccine Clinic
- Whitechapel Holdings Launches PPE Website
- The Best Heavy Duty Scrub Brands & Why You Need Them
- Essential Guide to Men's Scrubs
- Dr. Samuel Martin-Barbero named to Edu Alliance Group Advisory Council
- Most Dekalb Parents Want a Safe Plan for School Reopening
- Advanced Wound Care Market Overview, Leading Players and Future Scope
AUA announces Master of Public Health Collaboration with FIU Stempel College to allow students to pursue both medical and public health degrees
As part of the new agreement, AUA students and graduates will be able to apply to the MPH program at Stempel College and receive priority admission review. In addition, the agreement recognizes predetermined courses taken by medical students. Earning an MPH at Stempel College will provide students with advanced training in the field of public health and an understanding of how to work with local, national, and global communities to improve health and wellbeing.
The Stempel College School of Public Health is ranked 49th among public universities by U.S. News & World Report while the college's fully online MPH is ranked 10th nationally by PublicHealth.Org.
"The field of public health is quickly changing. We are a global community, which has been best demonstrated by our current experiences with the COVID-19 pandemic. By combining a Master of Public Health with a Doctor of Medicine, students will have the advantage of understanding individual health and population health, a combination that will assure prevention, intervention, and greater overall wellness," said Tomás R. Guilarte, dean of Stempel College.
This agreement also allows graduates of Stempel College to receive priority admissions consideration when applying to AUA's Doctor of Medicine program, should they choose to pursue their medical degree there.
Combining a public health degree that understands changing community health trends with a Doctor of Medicine degree gives students the tools to perform at the highest levels of the medical field. The emphasis on patient-centered care that the MD provides gives students the knowledge to heal and assist individuals, while the MPH provides the expertise to promote widespread population health and disease prevention.
"The collaboration between AUA and FIU's Robert Stempel College for Public Health & Social Work provides students of both institutions with excellent opportunities to complement their education," said Dr. Peter Bell, AUA vice president of Global Medical Education and Executive Dean of Clinical Sciences. "AUA students will be able to obtain a Master of Public Health and FIU students will be able to pursue a MD degree in addition to their MPH. In both cases, graduates of our institutions will be able to contribute to public health in their communities at a very high level."
More on eTradeWire News
- Aloha Joe Free Virtual Concert And Fundraiser For Clean Energy
- Global Chamber Member Aspen Capital Fund Sponsors Esteemed Awards Event
- Alfred Street Baptist Church Donates Over $ 1 Million to Community-Based Organizations & National Nonprofits Through Their Tithe the Tithe Initiative
- Glutamine Synthetase Activity Assay Kit (Colorimetric)
- PYNK TALKS: TikTok Star Renata D'Agrella Talks Life as a Content Creator in NYC
About Robert Stempel College of Public Health and Social Work:
Robert Stempel College of Public Health and Social Work inspires groundbreaking discoveries through interdisciplinary education in public health, dietetics and nutrition, social work and disaster preparedness from within a rigorous academic environment at Florida International University (FIU). In the 2020 U.S. News & World Report rankings, the School of Public Health is ranked 49th among public universities and the School of Social Work is ranked 53 among public universities. The college's three fully accredited disciplines blend course work, research and practice so students develop the skills they need to become future leaders. With an expansive network of more than 8,500 alumni, Stempel College is strengthening communities and influencing policy that promotes healthy lives for all—especially the most underserved. For more information, please visit Stempel.fiu.edu.
Florida International University is Miami's public research university, focused on student success. According to U.S. News and World Report, FIU has 26 top-50 rankings in the nation among public universities and Washington Monthly Magazine ranks FIU among the top 20 public universities contributing to the public good and No. 12 for social mobility. FIU is a top U.S. research university (R1), with more than $200 million in annual expenditures. FIU ranks 15th in the nation among public universities for patent production, which drives innovation, and is one of the institutions that helps make Florida the top state for higher education. The Next Horizon fundraising campaign is furthering FIU's commitment to providing students Worlds Ahead opportunities. Today, FIU has two campuses and multiple centers, and supports artistic and cultural engagement through its three museums: Patricia & Phillip Frost Art Museum, the Wolfsonian-FIU, and the Jewish Museum of Florida-FIU. FIU is a member of Conference USA, with more than 400 student-athletes participating in 18 sports. The university has awarded more than 330,000 degrees to many leaders in South Florida and beyond. For more information about FIU, visit www.fiu.edu.
More on eTradeWire News
- Bill Geller Named to Florida Realtors Honor Society
- 8 Things to Remember When You Renovate
- Singer/Songwriter Martin L. Williams to Release Four New Singles
- Buy Website Traffic - Get Targeted Quality Traffic - Real Human Website Traffic
- Terra Cover Launches ReaLSAT as New Surface Water Monitoring Service
About American University of Antigua College of Medicine:
American University of Antigua (AUA) College of Medicine is a fully accredited international medical school dedicated to providing an academic experience of the highest quality, with an emphasis on increasing minority representation and diversity in MD programs and the global physician workforce. Through a holistic admissions approach, AUA selects qualified students and provides them with the preclinical and clinical educational resources they need to obtain highly competitive residencies and become talented physicians.
Founded in 2004, AUA awards the Doctor of Medicine degree after students complete a two-year preclinical sciences curriculum on the island of Antigua in the Caribbean, followed by clinical rotations in the United States, Canada, India, or the United Kingdom at affiliated teaching hospitals. AUA is accredited by the Caribbean Accreditation Authority for Education in Medicine and Other Health Professions (CAAM-HP).
AUA is approved by the U.S. Department of Education to participate in federal student loan programs, which allows its qualified students to receive Title IV student loans. AUA is also approved by the New York State Education Department (NYSED), licensed by the Florida Department of Education (DOE), and recognized by the Medical Board of California (MBC).
Visit https://www.auamed.org to learn more.
Florida International University
- Waveband Communications Introduces Next-Gen MOTOTRBO PTT Products
- Author Motaz H. Matar Hosts Reading of The Pigeon Whisperer
- Academic Search Engine Fights The Discord Caused By Cyber Abuse
- Russell Whittle Unravels COVID and Related Workers' Compensation Concerns for Municipalities
- Announcing PSIsafe 12 with Advanced Indexing & Search Functionality
- Deep Reality: Why Source Science May Be the Key to Understanding Human Potential
- SELA Collaborative Denounces Shortened Census Timeline and Expresses Appreciation for Regional Partnerships and Innovative Recruitment Strategies
- Agile 2 Officially Launches Today!
- National Van Lines Expands New York Scope
- Subaru Vehicle Protection Plans from autopom! Include No-Fee Payment Options
- PicPocket-Labs, Inc. receives Notice of Allowance for US and Chinese patent applications for geofence-based drone control
- Invisalign in Exton is an Affordable Alternative to Traditional Braces
- Story of Legendary LeMoyne-Owen College Coach Featured at the Indie Memphis Film Festival
- African American Heritage Sites of Chesapeake Bay to be Documented with Laser Scanning
- Author Priscilla Oliveras Releases Holiday Romance Novella - Holiday Home Run
- North Bay "Innovates" Tourism with the Driftscape App
- L-Tron to Host Complimentary Public Safety Webinar: Police Communication When It Matters Most
- Trilliant and Nolin RECC Further Partnership Delivering AMI Connectivity Across Central Kentucky
- Saya International Corporation Announces Strategic Plan
- Joe Biden Accepted Money from China & Russia It's true