Popular on eTradeWire
- Academia.edu Picks Marshall Barnes Paper, 'Killing Closed Time-Like Curves', for Special Promotion 126
- South Coast Improvement, Co. wins renovation project at Sunrise Senior Living
- Jet Direct Mortgage Opens New Branch Office In Wilmington, North Carolina
- Lapels Dry Cleaning annual clothing drive to benefit Big Brother Big Sister Foundation
- PhyberTech: A multi-faceted tech firm founded by tech prodigy Pratik KC
- MommaWork Offers Free Breastfeeding Support to LGBTQ Families
- Executive Order Might Get Citizenship Question Back On Census
- TVS Television Network to Launch TVS Womens Sports Network in July on Giniko USA.Com Platform
- Mirage' Coming To Amazon Prime July 16 | Pre-Order Now
- Cen Biotech Announces The Signing Of A Merger Agreement With Csoc
Similar on eTradeWire
- Discover Canada Rally in Support of SickKids Foundation
- OKay Network Releases New Billing/Support Platform
- Bella Threading Studio Now Open at The Collection
- Dharma Platform Partners with Childfund International, Using Real-Time Data to Enhance Outreach to Vulnerable Populations
- CannaBiz Invest Asia Draws Global Medical & Industrial Cannabis Industry Players to Bangkok
- Savannah SCORE Offers Opportunity for Entrepreneurs to Win $10K to Launch Their New Business
- dBase, LLC. is excited to announce the NEW version of dBASE® 2019 – Optimized Edition
- Proprietor's Reserve is boutique hospitality meets event space
- DesignsnPrint Updates Its Full Line of Colored Kraft Paper Bags with With More Color Options and Sizes
- Sales Development Expert Welcomes Linnea Keen
Added to this frustration, has been the downturn in productivity; expenditure and budget blow outs and other important issues that resulted from managers being distracted from their day to day duties continued Stephen Chong.
The reality is these managers forgot the basic principle – and it's one of the most important aspects of human interaction – the principle of 'First Impression' affirmed Stephen Chong. "You know how it is when you meet someone for the first time. It takes as quick as a few moments to decide whether you like that person, or not".
"Maybe it's the way they dress? Or perhaps it's how they present themselves, or what they say. Whatever the case, that impression you've formed is now 'rock solid'".
If you 'like' that person, it's an impression very hard to change. The same applies if you 'dislike' the person. This is why it's called the 'Moment of Truth'.
The manager has gone to all of this time, trouble and expense to hire the individual believed to be the best candidate that can deliver a really high return on investment (ROI) as a new employee. That was the hope.
But unfortunately, it's here that many organisations/managers allow the 'wheels to fall off'.
More on eTradeWire News
- Walk Around Turtle Island July issue now online!
- Cummings Graduate Institute for Behavioral Health Studies Granted Accreditation
- Brand new home for sale with an open house this weekend!
- Carolina Treetop Challenge Opens, Announcing Ken White as Manager
- Best Solution To Handling Apex Predators In Destin, Florida
On the first day of the new job, the first question that all new high ROI employees will ask – given that they more than likely had a number of potential new employers to choose from – is, 'Have I made the right decision?'. It's imperative that the new employer supports and reinforces that decision.
After nearly three decades of coaching and training, Stephen Chong can attest to seeing many examples of employers unwittingly destroying budding relationships with new employees by failing to pay sufficient attention to the recruit's 'day of induction'.
"Much worse, in fact I've witnessed employers completely neglect this important aspect of the hiring process", said Stephen Chong.
"Of course, there were many functions to sign off and cover from the all-important documentation – they may have had to view the WHS & EEO videos and so on. But this can all be accommodated within a 'day of induction' that makes the person feel special and welcome and - most importantly, reinforces their perception and decision to join the new organisation".
Here are some tips Stephen outlines in his presentations and management / leadership workshops to help managers better navigate the process:
- Make sure the new employee's workstation/uniform/name badge is set-up, clean, working and highly presentable;
- Ensure they are welcomed (enthusiastically) by a senior member of the management team;
- Make sure they can meet other team members in a relaxed, cordial environment;
More on eTradeWire News
- EYLA supports Kultivate Labs, joins UNDISCOVERED SF today
- Taste of Manila to light up the summer festival season in Canada with Philippine flavors
- Shuvu Banim Announces Israeli Rabbi Eliyahu Merav Video Statement of Support for Rabbi Berland
- Freedom Motors partners with Alife Air to manufacture Rotapower engines for 2 wheelers
- Local Actor Lance E. Nichols Stars in Newly Released Arceneaux Series
- Be sure they understand their role, position, level of responsibility and authority; and
- Make sure they are aware of who will assist them as they find their way around their new organisation's labyrinths.
Stephen Chong concluded, "The 'Induction Day' should be templated, timetabled, monitored and mentored (and regularly update this template to ensure it remains best practice)".
"As a manager, you've gone to a lot of time, trouble and expense to hire this person…make sure you give your best 'first impression'".
Notes to the editor: Stephen Chong's applauded book, Letters Across Time: A journey of enlightenment is now available on Amazon and Kindle
Issued by Stephen Chong www.stephenchong.com.au
Media Enquiries: Mr. Joe Perri, Joe Perri & Associates Pty Ltd
T: +61 3 9324 0362 M: +61 412 112 545 E: email@example.com
Stephen Chong M.Ed. is a highly sought-after Personal Development Coach, Speaker, and Author. In his coaching work, Stephen focuses on imparting the essential envisioning and goal-setting skills that bring out the best in executives, managers and staff in the modern workplace.
He has established a considerable reputation for designing and delivering quality coaching and training programs, evidenced in the many courses he has written, such as: Enhanced leadership skills; Effective communication; Conflict resolution; Living on the edge of your comfort zone; Developing winning teams; and Overcoming the obstacles.
Joe Perri & Associates
- American Deposit Management Sued for Patent Infringement for $30 Million
- Alleged Mafioso hitman and Brighton Author anticipates prison release
- IBT of Miami plants trees to regenerate forest in Dominican Republic
- Multi Award-Winning Recording Artist and Living Legend Releases First Book
- Seven Time Grammy Winner Al Jarreau Receives Tribute Album
- Brand new Electrical Testing & Certification App "Pro Certs" hits the app stores
- Jason Lopez of DDO joins Jackson Agency
- Dragonflies Healing Salon and Spa To Celebrate Grand Opening
- BEST Foundation Launches Spotlight Project Supporting Youth Music Programs
- Senior housing database expands across Canada
- 2019 Women of Color STEM Category Winners announced
- AtlasFAI Welcomes Additional Offices in Arizona!
- ACE1 Colorimetric Activity Assay Kit
- Tiger Fuel supports Chesapeake Bay conservation efforts at ten car wash locations
- It's a Publicity Palooza! AuthorYOU Mini-Extravaganza!
- Estate & Asset Protection Law Firm Founder Victoria L Collier On Protecting Digital Assets
- Follow Alice, A Girl Determined To Protect Her Body, Her Future, and Her Heart in "Wasted Pretty"
- A Hurricane Unleashes A Monstrosity From The Past In "The Breach" by Author Edward J. McFadden III
- Sales, Discounts, and Rewards with Passfeed
- ExcelRT Builder 2.0 Allows Spreadsheet Author to Become App Developer