Popular on eTradeWire
- The Frontline Falls Behind: Ineffective Training Threatens Financial Institutions, Says Support EXP 211
- Menke to present at the 2019 Employee Ownership Conference 208
- EmeryStation West lease with Novartis 192
- NAACP Reveals Nominations For The 28th Annual Theatre Awards 138
- Jill Liberman & Sean Kanan To Guest On The Jimmy Star Show With Ron Russell Wednesday Marcy 27, 2019 137
- Hip-Hop Music Industry 2019 News 132
- Vacation Rental Puerta a la Playa joins the VisitLaManzanilla.com family 129
- Sales Jobs in Houston a Hidden Secret
- Ventura College Foundation Announces Recipients of First Allied Health Scholarships
- Lil Cory Becomes Legally Blind
Similar on eTradeWire
- Fennemore Craig Attorneys Recognized in AZ Big Media List of Top 100 Lawyers in Arizona for 2019
- Common Law Marriage and Life Insurance Policies
- ESI Analyst and Sandline Discovery Announce Channel Partnership
- Louisiana Firm Bullock Campbell Bullock & Harris P.C. Specializes in Obtaining Financial Relief for Mesothelioma Sufferers
- More than Half of HechtSolberg Lawyers Honored by "Super Lawyers"
- Injured Garbage Truck Driver Hired as Paralegal by Law Firm that Represents WA State Injured Workers
- Zero Integration with Intapp to Be Featured at Intapp Connect19
- Spilman Attorneys Named to 2019 WV Super Lawyers List
- Katie M. Miles Joins Quinn Estate & Elder Law LLC As Associate Attorney
- Local attorneys, judges seek golf partners for charity
In a rapidly evolving field with increasing regulatory oversight, companies dealing with personal or sensitive information should be mindful of their legal obligations with respect to data protection. While securing customer data and ensuring compliance with protection obligation is an obvious area of concern, another important aspect of data protection is having a contingency plan in place in case of an actual date breach.
A company's obligations in case of data breach is now regulated by law in all 50 U.S. states and the District of Columbia. All states and DC now have data breach notification laws on the books, requiring companies to timely notify consumers of the breach. Furthermore, recent trend continues toward expansion of information covered by these data protection and strengthening of consumer protection.
More on eTradeWire News
- Inspiring Florida Musical Artist announces First World Tour; Listen to Album on iTunes
- How Mass Shootings Affected my Work as a Filmmaker
- Comments to the Reserve Bank of India on Blockchain, Crypto
- Simple Steps to Control Your Child's Asthma – advice from pediatrician Kenneth Pomar Rebong, MD
- Giving Back To Our Veterans and Military Through Song at The 2019 Josie Music Awards Event!
A major development in the field of data protection is the newly enacted General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR") in Europe. While a comprehensive discussion of GDPR is beyond the scope of this article, GDPR is one of the most expansive data protection laws in the world. With the passage of GDPR and increasing public concern over data protection, many U.S. states are now strengthening their own data protection laws. Data protection laws in California and Vermont are some of the most stringent in the country. Furthermore, multiple states have amended their data protection laws in 2018, mostly expanding the scope of protected information and clarifying or adding obligations in case of a breach.
These regulatory requirements regarding data breach highlight the need for companies to work diligently to create and maintain a data breach response plan. Companies should work with an attorney who is an expert in the field of data protection laws to ensure that they are ready and able to deploy a rapid response in accordance with all the applicable legal requirements should the need arise. Such planning is even more critical for multistate or international operations that may be subject to legal obligations in multiple jurisdictions.
More on eTradeWire News
- iHarvest™-The Future of Gardening is Indoors
- Grammy Winner Headlines Vegas Jazz Eclectic Concert Series
- Reality TV show breaks new ground in Pittsburgh
- Scott Page To Guest On The Jimmy Star Show With Ron Russell Wednesday April 24th, 2019
- EPIC Crude Oil Pipeline Announces Re-Opening of Second Open Season
Mr. Lauletta notes that keeping the response plan up to date is just as critical as creating one. Because the field is undergoing such rapid changes across multiple jurisdictions, Mr. Lauletta stresses the importance of ensuring that there is process in place to regularly review and update the response plan. Any change in business operations may trigger the need for a review, such as expansion into new localities or addition of services or operations.
The article will be published in full on the Blog of Mr. Lauletta.
About Frank A. Lauletta
As a general corporate attorney, Frank Lauletta's practice focuses heavily on representing and counseling a broad array of emerging growth and established companies in both the public and private sectors. With his broad legal experience, executive-level background, and vast relationships in the legal, venture capital, and high technology communities, Frank is uniquely suited to serve as outside general counsel to clients. Working closely with executive management teams, Frank currently serves in this capacity to a number of software, telecommunications, and high technology companies throughout the United States.
Frank A. Lauletta
- Holocaust survivor's granddaughter pens memoir about what happens when corrupt leaders in charge
- Naacp Memphis Branch, The New Tri-state Defender & Kroger Delta Division Announce Grant Winners
- Drummer Bob Holz in Modern Drummer Magazine
- National Association of Black Journalists to Host Regional Conference in Cincinnati
- First Bancorp of Indiana, Inc. Announces Financial Results
- Kroger Health Partners With FoodNiche To Drive Conversation On Healthier Future of Food
- Milk Hall of Fame Announces USA and International 2020 Spokesmodel Video and Photographic Auditions Have Begun - in Your Own Language
- Kintsugi / Kintsukuroi Art - How it is Made, Where to Buy Pottery with Gold Repair? Available in The USA
- "I Like To Eat Children" by Author Reagan Rothe Now Available in Audiobook Format Worldwide
- 651vinyl.com Adds Siser Brick 600 to Product Line
- Celebrate Easter with Exciting Offers on Kids Accessories by ShopEnglish. Visit us today!
- Saf-Gard Safety Shoe Company Opens New Location in York, PA
- Another Home Run Murder Mystery Now Showing
- Blac Chyna Negotiations with Warner Bros. Move Forward
- MFASCO awarded a GSA with the assistance of Mr. Brian Charles with Government Marketplace LLC
- Arctic Encounter Presents 6th Annual Flagship Symposium
- Saf-Gard/Vulcan Safety Shoe Company Opens Location in Charleston, SC
- SVN Storage Realty's Team Sells $7,000,000 Facility in Saratoga County, NY
- Well Known Florida Realtor Tony Smith Launches Living in Argentina Discovery Tour
- PayPerHead.com Finds Significant Increase of Americans Placing Bets on European Soccer Leagues