Popular on eTradeWire
- Searchaerospace achieves first milestone listing repair capabilities 215
- Anna Faktorovich Announces Candidacy for Mayor of Quanah, Texas 192
- XOV prepares to launch its bank-grade digital payments arm, Slipstream, for cryptocurrency 177
- PacketSled Recognized by SC Media as a Finalist for Best Computer Forensic Solution 162
- Ring Power Corporation Appoints Alban President 146
- Paras Biopharmaceuticals Finland Oy Announces Successful Development of Biologically Active Romiplostim (N-Plate® Biosimilar) Production Technology 102
- The Hype Magazine Signs Exclusive Podcast Agreement With Digital Soapbox Network
- Delta Hotels Saskatoon Downtown Undergoes Transformation and Rebranding
- Foolay DC Releases New Single: Know What It Is
- Future-Proof Your Brewery in 2019
Similar on eTradeWire
- Hear Directly From Leading Technology Companies on Latest Global Development in Encryption and Cloud Computing
- MECA Solutions' printing sleeves feature proprietary materials
- Machine component assembly requires expert project coordination
- ARCH Global Precision Announces the Acquisition of American Tool Service & OrthoGrind
- Courtney Capone joins expanding Lantek USA Business Development Team
- Productiv Doubles Capacity in Richmond to Support Growth
- Leading Prototype Builders Update Website; Highlight Advanced Tech
- Online Quoting System Expands at Wallwork Heat Treatment
- Calibration Laboratory, LLC Receives New ISO/IEC 17025:2017 Accreditation
- ICATT Launches New International Logistics Specialists & Freight Forwarding Apprenticeship
Attn: Business Editor re National Manufacturing Month (October), and "It used to be Made in America"
NATIONAL MANUFACTURING DAY IS OCTOBER 5th IN 2018...
WHAT IS THE STATE OF JOBS AND THE STATE OF MANUFACTURING IN AMERICA IN THE AREA IN WHICH YOU LIVE?
*Is manufacturing increasing in your area or is it declining in your area?
*How many manufacturing jobs have been lost in your area over the past few decades?
*How many factories have closed down?
*How many jobs have been outsourced to other countries?
*What are the human and economic consequences of all that outsourcing?
*How many schools have closed down?
*How many school programs have been cancelled?
*Has manufacturing in America begun to revive in your area?
*How are the current tariffs and trade wars affecting various industries in your area?
*What can be done about it?
*How can America bring those jobs back?
*Are corporate inversions going to continue to cause even more pain, despite the administration's efforts against inversions?
*And, how quickly will President Trump's policies be able to help turn the tide to manufacturing more things here in America again?
When you write about the state of manufacturing in America, and when you write about the state of manufacturing in your area, your audience might also be interested in taking a look at a poem called "It used to be Made in America." The poem was written by Robert Barrows, President of an advertising agency called R.M. Barrows Advertising & Public Relations in San Mateo, California.
More on eTradeWire News
- Orange Fire Department Members Practice Ice Rescue Techniques
- The Law Office of Mark Humphreys announces the settlement of another case in the DFW area
- PODS® Las Vegas offers 6 helpful tips to dust away the spring-cleaning blues
- Storage Media Group to Sponsor Upcoming Storage Technology Showcase Conference
- Cavignac & Associates Hires Jessica Rodriguez as Surety Department Account Administrator
- Imperial Properties Upgrades Resident Portal
- Roasters Coffee - Community Giving Day February 25th, 2019
In short, "It used to be made in America" is a poem about the loss of jobs and the consequences of the outsourcing of jobs and manufacturing to other countries, says Barrows, and it paints a vivid picture of conflicting economic forces."
The poem can be seen online at www.itusedtobemadeinamerica.com and also at www.madeinusa.us.com.
THE FIRST VERSE OF THE POEM GOES LIKE THIS:
It used to be made in America
It used to be made in my town
It used to be made just down the street
Now they've shut that factory down
HERE IS A VERSE ABOUT TARIFFS:
The solution to all this economy
Usually ends in a war
Tariffs and trade and protectionism
Is that what we're working for?
A VERSE ABOUT PROFITS GOES LIKE THIS:
The deals overseas are way too tempting
The savings are way too dear
But the real cost we pay is far greater
It's a cost we pay for in fear.
So, when you are getting ready to do any stories about jobs, the economy, trade deals, tariffs, protectionism, and the state of manufacturing in America, and the state of manufacturing in the area in which you live, and how these tariffs and trade wars might affect specific businesses and industries in your area, please feel free to write about a poem called "It used to be Made in America."
"And, along the lines of trying to increase the state of manufacturing in America, THE REAL POWER TO REVERSE THE MANUFACTURING DECLINE quickly is really in the hands of the people right now, and 'it's called 'BUY AMERICAN,'" says Barrows.
"Once consumers start boycotting products and brands that are not made in America, and once consumers start 'demanding' that American manufacturers and retailers start making more of their manufacturing and purchasing decisions to offer more goods that are Made in America, you will see how quickly the tide will turn to manufacturing it here in America."
More on eTradeWire News
- Fabless Semiconductor Startup OctoTech Inc. Introduces a New Innovative RF Product for BLE AoA / AoD Application
- "Austin & Charlie Adventures Across America" - Kid's Doggie Adventure Series Travels Across America
- South Shore Chamber Names Ryan Bristol, Vice President of Bristol Bros. Development Corp to Board
- El Dorado Furniture is now hiring for its Miami-Dade and Broward locations!
- How Smart Websites Benefit Your Business In Toronto?
- Nebraska Furniture Mart Celebrates The Grand Opening Of Their Des Moines Area Store Location
- jcbDigital Offering $25 Custom Website Designs for a limited time!
Barrows hopes to be able to develop "It used to be Made in America" into a variety of business projects that could help bring more attention to the need for manufacturers and retailers to start making more of their manufacturing and purchasing decisions to offer more products that are made in America.
He hopes to be able to develop the poem into some country and hip-hop songs and some television and documentary film type projects about the state of manufacturing in America and the efforts to help revive manufacturing in America.
He also hopes to be able to develop the website into a series of moneymaking directories about manufacturing, jobs, products, requests for proposals and sources of funding for projects and products that would be made in America. The directories would be on the www.madeinusa.us.com website.
(PLEASE NOTE: Media companies might also be interested in developing these kinds of business directories because they could produce very substantial revenues on an ongoing basis. Plus, they could also give media companies access to hundreds of thousands of potential advertisers.
Barrows has also developed proposals for several other projects and promotions that could also help generate tremendous advertising revenues for media companies. Media companies that would be interested in taking a look at the proposals for these projects and promotions should contact Robert Barrows at 650-344-4405.)
Please feel free to refer to all or parts of the poem "It used to be Made in America" in any stories your may be doing, and for more information about "It used to be Made in America," please contact Robert Barrows at R.M. Barrows, Inc. Advertising & Public Relations in San Mateo, California at 650-344-4405.
- Moss Construction Promotes Toby Manulak to Vice President
- 26.2 with DONNA Marathon is Reimagined in Neptune Beach
- Remote Pump Monitoring System Using a Modem Data Logger
- First of its Kind Investment Book Empowers Women to Close the Gender Investing Gap
- Apex Officer Launches VR Crisis Intervention Police Training Simulator for Law Enforcement Agencies
- FaithLauncher Acquired by GiveSendGo.com the largest free Christian Crowdfunding Site
- Neurolixis launches NLX-112 drug formulation collaboration with GALA laboratory in France
- Flowfinity Announces New Features for Faster Delivery of Robotic Process Automation in the Workplace
- FileCatalyst to Showcase a New Cloud-Based Service and New Updates at NAB 2019 in Las Vegas
- ArtInsuranceNow.com Offers Comprehensive Art Collectors Insurance Policies
- Northwestern Mutual Recognizes Financial Advisor Marc Rosenberg with National Awards
- Shell Point informational seminar coming to Cape Coral area March 13
- New publication by Dr. Matt Bogard: Stress Management, Build a Better Life
- Shell Point informational seminar coming to Naples area March 12
- South Coast Improvement, Co. completes renovation for 1251 Capital at 7-9 Newbury Street, Boston
- GCAM Hosts Opening Ceremony for New Plasma Center in Brownsville, TX
- JP Reynolds: 'You Don't Go to Yale and Become a Rapper'
- Vino Products: Turning Wine Tasting Into A Perfect Moment
- Sam Silverstein - Global Guru and Tim Sanders - Inc Magazine Top 100
- Homebuyers Reveal Why They are Buying at The Brownstones at New Visions