Popular on eTradeWire
- Las Vegas Walk of Stars to Honor Frank Shankwitz 318
- Miller Homes Yorkshire Shares Ambitious Plans At End Of New Homes Week 2019 291
- Jes Marie's "Party in the Sun" may just be the song of the Summer! 279
- National Recording Artist Bre Naí has a Live Performance in Louisiana: Media Alert 6/7/2019 9:30PM 148
- Brothers Awarded Civil Air Patrol Congressional Gold Medal 145
- Island Intellectual Property Sues StoneCastle for $172 million 110
- Defining Digital: Extremist Content Chided, Super Mario Maker 2 Teased, Netflix's "Lelia" + more 106
- New Major Bed Bug Class Action Lawsuit Against Marriott Hotels
- Formula Cloud: Titans Microsoft, AWS, Alibaba and Oracle Traverse Cloud by Building Partnerships
- The Big Bang's "Super Asymmetry" Isn't Just Bazinga
Similar on eTradeWire
- Lantek and BCAM collaborate to revolutionize part nesting calculation for sheet metal cutting
- Monitoring Industrial Manufacturing Processes in Factories & Plants
- CIMx Receives Official Woman Owned Business Designation
- Exegistics Expands to Enhance Operations and Adapt for the Next Stage of Growth
- bisco industries now an authorized source for Oetiker
- Machine assembly takes parts production to the next level
- Customization differentiates industrial engraving services
- Century Fasteners Corp. Will Attend 2019 Paris Air Show
- Legacy Parts Washer Equipment: Factors that Impact the Successful Upgrade
- Trillion Dollar Manufacturing Disrupter Lead By a Millenial
Attn: Business Editor re National Manufacturing Month (October), and "It used to be Made in America"
NATIONAL MANUFACTURING DAY IS OCTOBER 5th IN 2018...
WHAT IS THE STATE OF JOBS AND THE STATE OF MANUFACTURING IN AMERICA IN THE AREA IN WHICH YOU LIVE?
*Is manufacturing increasing in your area or is it declining in your area?
*How many manufacturing jobs have been lost in your area over the past few decades?
*How many factories have closed down?
*How many jobs have been outsourced to other countries?
*What are the human and economic consequences of all that outsourcing?
*How many schools have closed down?
*How many school programs have been cancelled?
*Has manufacturing in America begun to revive in your area?
*How are the current tariffs and trade wars affecting various industries in your area?
*What can be done about it?
*How can America bring those jobs back?
*Are corporate inversions going to continue to cause even more pain, despite the administration's efforts against inversions?
*And, how quickly will President Trump's policies be able to help turn the tide to manufacturing more things here in America again?
When you write about the state of manufacturing in America, and when you write about the state of manufacturing in your area, your audience might also be interested in taking a look at a poem called "It used to be Made in America." The poem was written by Robert Barrows, President of an advertising agency called R.M. Barrows Advertising & Public Relations in San Mateo, California.
More on eTradeWire News
- Leading PEO, INFINITI HR, Attending PrismHR LIVE 2019 in Boston
- Ferguson Case Orr Paterson Partner Named to 2019 "Rising Stars" List
- A Willow Valley Historical Romance
- IFA Selects Daniel Mormino, SVP of INFINITI HR, to the IFA Supplier Forum Advisory Board
- Tattoo tycoon open to radio interviews
In short, "It used to be made in America" is a poem about the loss of jobs and the consequences of the outsourcing of jobs and manufacturing to other countries, says Barrows, and it paints a vivid picture of conflicting economic forces."
The poem can be seen online at www.itusedtobemadeinamerica.com and also at www.madeinusa.us.com.
THE FIRST VERSE OF THE POEM GOES LIKE THIS:
It used to be made in America
It used to be made in my town
It used to be made just down the street
Now they've shut that factory down
HERE IS A VERSE ABOUT TARIFFS:
The solution to all this economy
Usually ends in a war
Tariffs and trade and protectionism
Is that what we're working for?
A VERSE ABOUT PROFITS GOES LIKE THIS:
The deals overseas are way too tempting
The savings are way too dear
But the real cost we pay is far greater
It's a cost we pay for in fear.
So, when you are getting ready to do any stories about jobs, the economy, trade deals, tariffs, protectionism, and the state of manufacturing in America, and the state of manufacturing in the area in which you live, and how these tariffs and trade wars might affect specific businesses and industries in your area, please feel free to write about a poem called "It used to be Made in America."
"And, along the lines of trying to increase the state of manufacturing in America, THE REAL POWER TO REVERSE THE MANUFACTURING DECLINE quickly is really in the hands of the people right now, and 'it's called 'BUY AMERICAN,'" says Barrows.
"Once consumers start boycotting products and brands that are not made in America, and once consumers start 'demanding' that American manufacturers and retailers start making more of their manufacturing and purchasing decisions to offer more goods that are Made in America, you will see how quickly the tide will turn to manufacturing it here in America."
More on eTradeWire News
- Phen375 Enabling Individuals to Attain their Summer Body in Time for the Season
- Swiontek Retires, Mathiowetz, Schmid Promoted at Americana Community Bank
- Health Conundrums – Solved Inexpensively and Privacy Protected!
- TheOneSpy Rolls Out Non –Rooted Android spy app for cell phones
- Dates announced for the 12th Annual Whale Shark Festival in Isla Mujeres, Mexico
Barrows hopes to be able to develop "It used to be Made in America" into a variety of business projects that could help bring more attention to the need for manufacturers and retailers to start making more of their manufacturing and purchasing decisions to offer more products that are made in America.
He hopes to be able to develop the poem into some country and hip-hop songs and some television and documentary film type projects about the state of manufacturing in America and the efforts to help revive manufacturing in America.
He also hopes to be able to develop the website into a series of moneymaking directories about manufacturing, jobs, products, requests for proposals and sources of funding for projects and products that would be made in America. The directories would be on the www.madeinusa.us.com website.
(PLEASE NOTE: Media companies might also be interested in developing these kinds of business directories because they could produce very substantial revenues on an ongoing basis. Plus, they could also give media companies access to hundreds of thousands of potential advertisers.
Barrows has also developed proposals for several other projects and promotions that could also help generate tremendous advertising revenues for media companies. Media companies that would be interested in taking a look at the proposals for these projects and promotions should contact Robert Barrows at 650-344-4405.)
Please feel free to refer to all or parts of the poem "It used to be Made in America" in any stories your may be doing, and for more information about "It used to be Made in America," please contact Robert Barrows at R.M. Barrows, Inc. Advertising & Public Relations in San Mateo, California at 650-344-4405.
- \Café Centro in West Palm Beach Celebrates the Birthday of Singer/Showman Rob Russe
- Transaction Announcement - Escape Rooms
- Citizen input vital to stopping proposed changes to Lee County lime rock policy at June 19 meeting
- El Dorado Furniture is now hiring for its new location in St. Petersburg!
- Adenosine Monophosphate (AMP) Colorimetric Assay Kit
- Coral Springs Center for the Arts to Present THE BEACH BOYS Friday, February 21, at 7:30 pm
- FREE Practical Self-Defense Seminar
- Utah-based Surplus Lines Company Launches New Tax Filing Technology: InsCipher Connect
- Cheers to a Calm, Clean & Safe Fourth of July Holiday with Pets!
- ShearShare Highlighted in Google's Annual Economic Impact Report
- New Arizona Law Will Increase Minimum Insurance Coverage Requirement
- Diamond State Warriors Win the Coveted All-City Classic 302 Legends Championship
- Central Park Five Members, Rapper T.I., Rev. Raphael Warnock Join Forces To Address Ma
- New Vishay Polymer Tantalum Chip Capacitors Distributed Through New Yorker Electronics
- Angela Raub nominated for Gwinnett Chamber Moxie Awards
- Mastrad Expands Collection To Enhance At-Home Culinary Experience
- PriorAuth Online: An Effective Prior Authorization Way out for DME
- McCarthy Southwest Names Lloyd Flowers Project Director
- United Premier Soccer League Selects Texas as Host State for 2019 National Finals
- Canadians Break Sports Betting Records As Toronto Raptors Win The NBA Championship