Popular on eTradeWire News
- Malea Emma Tjandrawidjaja, 7 year old National Anthem singer 517
- Transseed Group Receives Two New Business Designations 218
- Founder & CEO of Market Leader, Virtual Rehab, to be Interviewed By Jane King at NASDAQ 202
- Lil Bub, aka Magical Space Cat, Will Make Special Appearance at Snowcats Cat Convention 196
- International Experts Discuss Safety Problems of Critical Infrastructures at Ural Federal University 192
- How to Manage Arrhythmia in Children? 192
- Share Number System is the New Automated Income System 161
- New talent Asalia White Williams Nominated for NAMMY Award 153
- Kelly Hyman, a Renowned Lawyer to be a Speaker at Women En Mass 2018 131
- Athonet launches BubbleCloud LTE with full integration into AWS IoT Core
Similar on eTradeWire News
- GSM Outdoors Enters Into The Safety Market!
- Formaspace Launches New Website Featuring 3D Workbench Builder Tool
- Lantek to present three educational sessions at FABTECH 2018
- Intel® Apollo Lake Based Fanless Box PC Ideal for Computing or Intelligent Digital Display
- AFS Technologies Announces New Equity Investment from Symphony Technology Group
- KRUSS Releases New Mobile Quality Control Instrument for Cleaning and Coatings Baths
- Independent Study by Parola Analytics Recognizes Afero as Top-5 Leader in IoT Patent Landscape
- PEM Inc. Executes Memorandum of Understanding to Explore Commercial Manufacturing of the iRIS-III Portable 14CO2 Measurement Technology
- Aluminum rollers provide a lightweight converting roll option
- Custom water treatment tanks require agile manufacturing processes
Attn: Business Editor re National Manufacturing Month (October), and "It used to be Made in America"
NATIONAL MANUFACTURING DAY IS OCTOBER 5th IN 2018...
WHAT IS THE STATE OF JOBS AND THE STATE OF MANUFACTURING IN AMERICA IN THE AREA IN WHICH YOU LIVE?
*Is manufacturing increasing in your area or is it declining in your area?
*How many manufacturing jobs have been lost in your area over the past few decades?
*How many factories have closed down?
*How many jobs have been outsourced to other countries?
*What are the human and economic consequences of all that outsourcing?
*How many schools have closed down?
*How many school programs have been cancelled?
*Has manufacturing in America begun to revive in your area?
*How are the current tariffs and trade wars affecting various industries in your area?
*What can be done about it?
*How can America bring those jobs back?
*Are corporate inversions going to continue to cause even more pain, despite the administration's efforts against inversions?
*And, how quickly will President Trump's policies be able to help turn the tide to manufacturing more things here in America again?
When you write about the state of manufacturing in America, and when you write about the state of manufacturing in your area, your audience might also be interested in taking a look at a poem called "It used to be Made in America." The poem was written by Robert Barrows, President of an advertising agency called R.M. Barrows Advertising & Public Relations in San Mateo, California.
More on eTradeWire News
- World's Best Virtual Training System Available
- Dallas Bathtub Services Upgrades To Spray In Bathtub Liners For A 20 Year Life Expectancy
- Say Hello to Halloween 2018 and Few Unknown Facts!
- Epitope Mapping Services Are Now Available at Creative Peptides
- Hindus worldwide appalled at vandalizing of Hindu temple in Sydney suburb
- LemonShark Poké Migrates to Visalia with New Store
- UPSL Announces Julio Cesar Davila as New National Hispanic Ambassador of Soccer
In short, "It used to be made in America" is a poem about the loss of jobs and the consequences of the outsourcing of jobs and manufacturing to other countries, says Barrows, and it paints a vivid picture of conflicting economic forces."
The poem can be seen online at www.itusedtobemadeinamerica.com and also at www.madeinusa.us.com.
THE FIRST VERSE OF THE POEM GOES LIKE THIS:
It used to be made in America
It used to be made in my town
It used to be made just down the street
Now they've shut that factory down
HERE IS A VERSE ABOUT TARIFFS:
The solution to all this economy
Usually ends in a war
Tariffs and trade and protectionism
Is that what we're working for?
A VERSE ABOUT PROFITS GOES LIKE THIS:
The deals overseas are way too tempting
The savings are way too dear
But the real cost we pay is far greater
It's a cost we pay for in fear.
So, when you are getting ready to do any stories about jobs, the economy, trade deals, tariffs, protectionism, and the state of manufacturing in America, and the state of manufacturing in the area in which you live, and how these tariffs and trade wars might affect specific businesses and industries in your area, please feel free to write about a poem called "It used to be Made in America."
"And, along the lines of trying to increase the state of manufacturing in America, THE REAL POWER TO REVERSE THE MANUFACTURING DECLINE quickly is really in the hands of the people right now, and 'it's called 'BUY AMERICAN,'" says Barrows.
"Once consumers start boycotting products and brands that are not made in America, and once consumers start 'demanding' that American manufacturers and retailers start making more of their manufacturing and purchasing decisions to offer more goods that are Made in America, you will see how quickly the tide will turn to manufacturing it here in America."
More on eTradeWire News
- CertLibrary Offers Discounted Access to Past Exam Questions
- WishYoo Launches With Mission To Change The Way We Celebrate Worldwide
- Handshake Homebuyers Launches New Website
- LemonShark Poké Continues Expansion in Golden State
- 24/7 Commercial Garage Door Repair Florida
- Fondos Latinos (fondoslatinos.com) Signs Agreement with Western Unión Business Solutions
- RealEstateU – Enrolling New Real Estate License Students
Barrows hopes to be able to develop "It used to be Made in America" into a variety of business projects that could help bring more attention to the need for manufacturers and retailers to start making more of their manufacturing and purchasing decisions to offer more products that are made in America.
He hopes to be able to develop the poem into some country and hip-hop songs and some television and documentary film type projects about the state of manufacturing in America and the efforts to help revive manufacturing in America.
He also hopes to be able to develop the website into a series of moneymaking directories about manufacturing, jobs, products, requests for proposals and sources of funding for projects and products that would be made in America. The directories would be on the www.madeinusa.us.com website.
(PLEASE NOTE: Media companies might also be interested in developing these kinds of business directories because they could produce very substantial revenues on an ongoing basis. Plus, they could also give media companies access to hundreds of thousands of potential advertisers.
Barrows has also developed proposals for several other projects and promotions that could also help generate tremendous advertising revenues for media companies. Media companies that would be interested in taking a look at the proposals for these projects and promotions should contact Robert Barrows at 650-344-4405.)
Please feel free to refer to all or parts of the poem "It used to be Made in America" in any stories your may be doing, and for more information about "It used to be Made in America," please contact Robert Barrows at R.M. Barrows, Inc. Advertising & Public Relations in San Mateo, California at 650-344-4405.
- Rainbow Village Asks Public to Help Homeless Families Feel at "Home for the Holidays"
- Jazzy Queen of Sass Aubrey Logan Comes to the Weinberg Center
- Privacy & Access Council of Canada Participates in National Digital and Data Consultations
- Tcb Records® Has Announced The Re-signing Of "Indy Uchiha"
- Peak Physical Therapy & Sports Performance announces Mary Donovan as Rehabilitation Aide
- Breakthrough In Accessing The Tiny Magnet Within The Core Of A Single Atom
- Sonu Nigam teams with Grammy winner Jason Goldstein for English Single Release
- "Million Dollar Man" Thomas Kiley, Sr. Expands Legal Umbrella to Include Estate Planning
- Introducing The Mattify Mask Bar: Customizable Face Masks for Oily skin and Acne Prone Skin
- Leadership University brings health care leadership series to Southwest Florida in 2018-19
- This Green Burger Will Give You Nightmares
- Pharad Expands Peel and Stick Appliqué Antenna Offering for L-, S-, and C-band Operation
- DigitalMint Launches Bitcoin Tellers Across Iowa
- SMART Receives Grant from Lakewood Ranch Community Fund of the Manatee Community Foundation
- Love & Pride Relaunches The Erase Hate Pendant To Benefit The Matthew Shepard Foundation
- Bestselling Author and Leadership Coach, Mark Nation, to Deliver Keynote Speech at Startup Week Chattanooga on October 25
- Jeffery Combs, Releases New Podcast: Releasing Anxiety: Living In Flow
- Tee Off For Education Charity Golf Tournament Hosted by Cogenics to Benefit Yours Humanly
- Condition Monitoring of a Mining Quarry for Optimal Production
- Shell Point presents 13th annual Artists and Artisans Holiday Bazaar Nov. 2-3