Popular on eTradeWire
- enCloud9 Partners with ClickDimensions to Launch PowerPack, Revolutionizing Sales and Marketing for SMBs - 256
- Gravic, Inc. is Pleased to Announce the General Availability of HPE NonStop Shadowbase Version 6.801 - 235
- 2019 Hyundai Sonata for Sale in The Heart of Toronto - 233
- Community Comes Together for Unforgettable Back-to-School Bash at The CENTER @Joshua Home - 227
- BOWA Gives Girls' Invite track and field competition to be held in Chicago's Pullman neighborhood - 219
- Greater Fort Myers Chamber's Nov. 14 luncheon to celebrate Leadership Fort Myers 2023 graduates - 208
- Atlanta's most famous rug store founder advocates a hands-on-approach to rug shopping - 178
- Amazing Public Art Sculpture Created From Found Objects - 154
- Instantly Boost Your Website Organic Traffic with Premium Websites - 154
- JS Fun Event Hire Supplies Custom Cash Grabber for Pringles' Movember - 152
Similar on eTradeWire
- COE Distributing's J.D. Ewing Honored with 2023 Smart 50 Award
- SalonInteractive Launches in Square App Marketplace to Provide eCommerce, Marketing & More to Beauty Professionals
- DellaRatta, Van Zandt, Maté, Hedges and other big names WIN BIG at Jazz for Peace Comedy NFT Awards!
- Mounts Botanical Garden Announces Major Additions to Leadership Team
- Coral Springs Center for the Arts to Present Lucinda Williams & Her Band, February 3
- The Center for Contemporary Art Offers Winter Art Classes for Adults, Teens & Children
- Xiaojing Yan and Opus Art Collective collaborate on an intimate sculptural Nebula!
- Carbonell Awards Add Four New Judges
- San Francisco Black Film Festival Shares News of Durban International Film Festival
- Racer Ephedra Offers Lipodrene with Ephedra Cheap Online
David's wife, Martha Mackey, will be in attendance as well as Bernard Leibov, founder and director of BoxoPROJECTS and co-founder of the Joshua Treenial.
About David Mackenzie
David Mackenzie was born in Los Angeles and received both his BFA and MFA from the San Francisco Art Institute, where he studied ceramics, sculpture and painting.
Although quite adept at each discipline, painting was his passion. His work in ceramics did come in quite handy throughout his career in painting, however, as his expertise in mixing glazes and knowledge of the various components led to interesting combinations in paint and other media. He did experiment with various painting styles throughout his career including watercolors, being one of the early adopters of the California "off the stretcher" style of painting in the early 70s, and in the later 80s veering toward a more strict and disciplined style, the constructed canvas, where his view of perspective and use of cord and other materials beneath the paints would create visual interest.
More on eTradeWire News
- What To Inspect When Buying A Used Car
- Who Has Been Distracted During Work or Athletics, from Debris falling Between the Shoe and Sock
- Exel Solar U.S. Emerges in response to Growing Solar Demand
- Revolutionizing sustainability with a plant-based gold leaching solution and technology to recover gold from ore while reducing environmental impact
- Local Microschool Wins National Recognition
His work was included in the 1975 Whitney Biennial and has been shown in Italy, France, Germany, and Russia. He has received grants from the Pollack-Krasner Foundation and the National Endowment for the Arts.
David has work in the Phillips Collection, the Metropolitan Museum of Art, the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, the Art in Embassies program, the Oakland Museum, and the Rene di Rosa Foundation among others.
He was a member of American Abstract Artists, an organization to promote abstract art since 1936.
"My work is a mediation between fractured and deconstructed perspectives. It is my way of coming to terms with painting's inherent contradictions of representation and the concrete. I have deliberately and radically reduced the elements in my work in order to clearly understand the painting's nature. Shifting perceptions, reflected light, color/material and location are what interest me along with spacial tension. My approach is strictly intuitive when it comes to these matters."
More on eTradeWire News
- Best Freelance Copywriting Services
- "Street Fighter™ 6" Panel Announced for December 2nd at Los Angeles Comic Con; The Music of Street Fighter 6: A Special Look at the Video Game
- Industry Standard Warehouse Racking Melbourne - Outer Space Installs
- Merry Melrose at the Melrose Trading Post!
- After The Ink Dries - Will Savers Launches The First Physical Will & Trust Storage Service
David Mackenzie died June 11, 2020. During his last decade, he worked in Joshua Tree, California. He is survived by his wife, Martha Mackey.
About Object Culture
Barry Bryant and Johnny McLendon are owners of this unique 3000 sq. ft. gallery located in the Perez Art & Design Center in Cathedral City, California. High ceilings and dramatic spaces dominate this former industrial building, and present a welcoming, casual environment. The gallery features a unique and eclectic mix of vintage and contemporary modern art and design.
Visit http://www.objectculture.com for details
- 16th Annual Friends and Family Sale announced by LabNaturals, retailer of CBD, non-toxic skincare, and glutathione, based in Western Pennsylvania
- Invenio IT unites with Field Effect to deliver powerful cybersecurity to the SMB
- Kaiser Consulting Awarded a #1 Spot in Central Ohio's 2023 Best Places to Work
- Unlock Healing Today and Put Trauma in Its Place!
- BYD | RIDE Supports Women in Transportation with $5,000 Build Your Dreams Scholarship
- London Bay Development Group presenting sponsor for Guadalupe Center's 'Elevate' gala
- Titan Pressure Washing Demonstrates the Difference Between a Pressure Wash and a Soft Wash on Tile Roofs
- New Book, "Drink Like a Local," Unlocks The Spirits and Secrets of New Orleans Drinking Culture
- Altercare Locations Earn U.S. News & World Report's Best Nursing Homes Award
- National Minority Health Association Launches "Equity for All."
- Final Week For Medicare Insurance Open Enrollment
- Michael Corso Honored for His Legacy of Service and Patriotism
- Fred Haas Toyota World Presents the Battle For The Billboard Tundra Edition
- 'Stranger Things' Star Joseph Quinn Added to FAN EXPO Portland Lineup
- Cecilia Russo Marketing Awards $15,000 of Grants to Three Georgia Small Businesses
- Holabird's Christmas Chronicles auction, Dec. 7-10, online and live in Reno, is packed with over 2,500 lots
- Klarinet Solutions Recognized as Staffbase's Rising Star of the Year
- L-Tron to Attend Fire Chief Association (IAFC)Technology Summit International
- Lanier Islands Invites Atlanta to Enjoy Dinner with Santa and More
- Why Should I Provide Credit Card Payment Solutions at My Business?