Popular on eTradeWire
- Mona Clayton, RN Launches Mix & Mentor emPOWER Hour Global Tour at Hotel 50 Bowery 197
- Even Neutral Switzerland Can't Stomach Philip Morris 164
- Goldberg Brothers ships new folding barn door hardware 145
- Radio Vet Connie Birth returns to The Spin Awards as the Red Carpet host 142
- Justices Free Up Funding For Trump's Wall 136
- Armsons teams up with Repton School for new sports facilities 128
- PC Madness at GWU - Ban Stick Figure Crosswalk "White Man" 128
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Abilene Celebrates Topping Off 117
- Tourico Vacations Adds New Booking Platform With Discounted Home Rentals 8-40% Savings Over Competition 112
- Owner Assisted Yacht Deliveries
Similar on eTradeWire
- Kelley Kronenberg Adds Two Attorneys to its Miami Office
- Fennemore Craig Attorneys Recognized in the 26th Edition of The Best Lawyers in America®
- Gary St. Fleur, Who Took Down Previous Mayor, Announces Candidacy for Mayor of Scranton, PA
- Jon D. Stewart Jr. Named Partner at Mabry & McClelland, LLP
- Payton & Associates lawyer Harry A. Payton named to 2020 Best Lawyers® list
- Geherin Law Group Receives Three Major August Accolades!
- Couple Fighting Back Against Bullying HOA and Attorneys That Tried to Squash Freedom of Speech
- Casepoint Exhibits at ILTACON 2019
- Garcia & Artigliere Representing Abuse Victim in Case Against Pomona Healthcare & Wellness Center
- Murder in Paradise: Family Invokes Renown Private Investigator T.J. Ward to Uncover Why Casey Scott MacPherson Died
Officer Benjamin Pitts suffers from post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and filed a workers' compensation claim as soon as he was diagnosed by his treating psychologist. However, the administrative law judge in the case dismissed the officer's claim as an untimely filing because he displayed some PTSD symptoms. According to the judge, he "knew or should have known he has PTSD" and should have filed his workers' compensation case earlier.
Officer Pitts filed an appeal and the court agreed to overturn the previous ruling.
"This is a significant case for all police, firefighters and first responders," said attorney Wisniewski, a certified workers' compensation specialist in Arizona who represented Officer Pitts against the City of Chandler.
More on eTradeWire News
- NGBN.TV to Launch Connected TV Apps
- Impact Mailing Club Review | What Is Impact Mailing Club
- New Jersey State Children's Chorus to hold Open House for interested singers
- En Bloc Capsulectomy is becoming a common procedure
- ROCK Properties Announces Benefit Of Selling a House Directly To a Local Austin Real Estate Investor
A decade ago, Wisniewski was responsible for litigating the first police PTSD case acknowledged by Arizona Law at the Industrial Commission of Arizona. Since then, Wisniewski has successfully represented several police, firefighters and first responders in their PTSD claims and has become a nationally recognized attorney expert in the prosecution of these complex workers' compensation matters.
While this is a significant case denominated as an opinion (which means it can be cited as precedential value by lawyers assisting other officers), the officers still face a difficult burden of proof established in the Arizona statute. The event that causes the post traumatic stress must be a substantial contributing cause of the PTSD and arise out of an unusual, extraordinary and unexpected event. This statute creates an almost insurmountable burden for police, firefighters and first responders attempting to get psychiatric or psychological benefits under the Arizona's current workers' compensation system.
"In order to provide much deserved benefits to the brave men and women who serve as police, firefighters and first responders throughout Arizona, this statute needs to be changed, plain and simple," said Wisniewski.
More on eTradeWire News
- Sem Link Awarded $10,000 Stem Grant From Jack And Jill Of America Foundation
- QLAdmin Solutions Chosen to Modernize Operations for William Penn Association
- We Sell Restaurants Sells Nona's Sweets of Charlotte, North Carolina
- Kambrian Corporation Awarded Three-Year Software Contract with Los Angeles World Airports (LAWA)
- Kambrian Becomes Licensed to Perform Low-Voltage Services in the States of CA, NV, WA, and FL
About Robert E. Wisniewski
Robert E. Wisniewski (https://www.azhurtonthejob.com/about/robert-e-wisniewski/) is a certified workers' compensation specialist by the State Bar of Arizona, and he was named a Fellow of the College of Workers' Compensation Lawyers — the only claimants' lawyer in Arizona so honored. Mr. Wisniewski has one mission: "justice for the injured worker." For over 43 years, Bob has devoted his practice to representing Arizona injured workers in more than 12,000 Industrial Commission hearings state-wide. Bob has been named a Super Lawyer by Thomson Reuters. He's also been recognized by Best Lawyers (AZ & NM – Workers' Compensation Law), Client Choice, and Phoenix Magazine (Phoenix Top Attorney). He is an active member of the legal community, writing and lecturing on all aspects of workers' compensation law.
For more information, visit https://www.azhurtonthejob.com/.
- Friedman Marketing and Public Relations Joins Unified Strategies Public Relations Network
- Neurology Associates Earns MRI Certification from Intersocietal Accreditation Commission
- Motivation Depot Announces the Launch of their new Weight Loss Accountability & Support Club
- R&B/Pop Recording Artist Tanya Nolan Set to Release New Single 'I Like' on August 23
- 19" Outdoor Waterproof Sunlight Readable Monitor, Ideal for Any Environment
- Universal Data Acquisition System Controls Hydraulic Pressure Test
- Richard Hawkins Joins Triad Financial Services as SVP of Loan Servicing
- Tenon Tours Recognized As A Five-time Honoree Among Inc 2019 5000 Most Successful Companies
- 2019 Grand Master Marketer Recipient Wins Big With Excellent Digital and Marketing Solutions Partner
- Wreath Fineries at the Wineries!
- Vitor Zucco Schizzi of Foundation CCB wins Brazilian National Championships
- Uply Media, Inc Introduces Fisher Island Florida To Digital Luxury Real Estate
- The Autocycle Reimagined: Announcing Mash Motor Company and the Alpha
- Tarps Now® Industrial Divider Curtains in High Demand
- Uply Media, Inc Launches Blockchain Domains CryptoAssets Marketplace
- Invision Security Group Partners with Software House
- Salon Invi wins Two Best of the North Shore Editor's Choice Awards from Northshore Magazine
- Volunteers Brighten Up Atlanta Homeless Shelter
- KoKyu's Second Location Brings Self-Pour Craft Beer to South Durham
- Sack tip station for dust-free material handling