Popular on eTradeWire
- Mona Clayton, RN Launches Mix & Mentor emPOWER Hour Global Tour at Hotel 50 Bowery 116
- Even Neutral Switzerland Can't Stomach Philip Morris
- Variety – The Children's Charity of Wisconsin CEO on Modern Living with kathy ireland®
- Justices Free Up Funding For Trump's Wall
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Abilene Celebrates Topping Off
- Goldberg Brothers ships new folding barn door hardware
- Shuvu Banim Announces Israeli Rabbi Eliyahu Merav Video Statement of Support for Rabbi Berland
- Radio Vet Connie Birth returns to The Spin Awards as the Red Carpet host
- Macy's Caves Over "Fat Shaming," But Maybe It Works
- Lyn Ross of Institut' Dermed Prize Winner in the 2019 Skin Games Compassionate Category
Similar on eTradeWire
- Metro Building and Remodeling Group LLC Named by REMODELING Magazine to its 2019 Big50 Class of America's Top Remodelers
- Durante Rentals Makes the Inc. 5000 List for Seventh Straight Year
- Thiel College's safety program one of two Pennsylvania institutions recognized by top credentialing organizations
- HechtSolberg's Darryl Solberg Named San Diego's 2019 Real Estate "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers®
- Zhuding International Limited New Product Release
- Torque Lock Structural Staples Put An End To Epoxy Failure
- California Lumber Company Crosses Country For Goat Hike
- All About Our Commercial Exterior Design
- Matthew Belcastro Certified as Florida Construction Law Expert
- Harth Builders Announces New Line of Custom Homes
Thirty years devoted to the manufacture and sales of concrete fasteners will add up to a wealth of knowledge about these products. Three decades of providing answers to questions from customers will also result in hearing many of the same questions repeated.
According to Bob Carlisle, President of Concrete Fastening Systems, Inc., the top five questions and their answers that have been asked about concrete fasteners since he founded the company in 1988 are listed below:
What are the head sizes of a tapcon?
Standard Blue Tapcons
The head size is determined by the diameter and type of Tapcon being used. The reason the head size is important is match up the correct driver for installation. Tapcon are available in a flat phillips and a hex washer head. The flat phillips requires the use of a phillips type drive and the hex washer head requires a hex driver. The 3/16" tapcon is designed for a #2 phillips drive to be used and the 1/4" is a #3 phillips drive. The 3/16" hex washer head is designed to be used with a 1/4" hex driver and the 1/4" requires a 5/16" hex driver.
Large Diameter Tapcon
The large diameter Tapcon are only manufactured with a hex washer head, and require the use of a hex driver to install the anchor. Each diameter requires a different sized drive:
More on eTradeWire News
- How to Play Sudoku - How to Solve a Sudoku for Beginners
- Chicago rapper shares five tips for upstart musicians
- My Family's Favorite Crock Pot Dinners
- Fishman & Associates Supports Design of the New Café Venice
- Military Writers Society of America (MWSA) Announces its 2019 Season Awards Finalists
Anchor Diameter Hex Driver
How far apart do wedge anchors need to be placed from one another? What are the spacing requirements for concrete anchors?
Expansion type anchors exert an outward force into the concrete once properly installed. This outward expansion exerts pressure against the concrete from the deepest embedment all the way to the surface. Anchor placed too close together will decrease the holding values of both anchors. The rule of thumb in the expansion anchor industry is for expansion anchors to be spaced a minimum of 10 anchor diameters apart from each other, with the distance measured from center of anchor to center of anchor Keep in mind that some manufacturers of anchors may have special requirements for a certain anchor, which should be clearly specified.
What is the best type of anchor to use with ACQ lumber?
Concrete screws have a coating called Climaseal® which provides extra corrosion resistance and are acceptable for use in ACQ pressure treated lumber in outdoor applications. Tapcon screws that are well suited for outdoor use include the 410 stainless steel screw which is also Climaseal® coated. The hot-dipped galvanized wedge anchor provides moderate resistance to rust. Stainless steel wedge anchors are well suited for use outdoors and are available in 303, 304 and 316 stainless steel. The cost of the anchor increases in proportion to the level of rust resistance the steel or coating provides.
More on eTradeWire News
- John Travolta To Make Wizard World Debut In Chicago, Saturday, August 24
- Best Empowering Book By A Latino 2019
- A High-Flying Online Web-Store Selling Silver Jewellery Announces Its Latest Collection Of Silver Rings
- Greater Twin Cities Honda Dealers Giving Away a 2019 Honda Passport at Minnesota State Fair
- Lola's Lashes bring game-changing magnetic lashes and eyeliner to the UK
It is important to note that zinc plated anchors should never be used in ACQ treated lumber.
What size screw or bolt is used in an internally threaded anchor?
Internally threaded anchors are designated by the internal bolt diameter. The size of the anchor refers to the diameter of the machine screw, bolt or threaded rod to be used with thisfastener.
What is considered to be the best concrete fastener for outdoor applications?
The best type of concrete fastener to use outdoors is based on the atmosphere and the requirements of the application. The plating, coating and type of material the fastener is made from will determine the amount of rust resistance performance.
· Zinc Plating – provides minimum rust resistance and should only be used in dry atmospheres
· Hot-Dip Galvanized – great for moist atmospheres and is only used on the wedge type anchors
· 303/304 Stainless Steel – works well in wet environments, and is available in wedge anchors, sleeve anchors and drop-in anchors
· 316 Stainless Steel – designed for use in submerged environments where chemicals may be present; available in wedge anchors or drop-in anchors
For more information visit: confast.com (http://www.confast.com/)
- EMI Filters for PWM-Driven Motors Prevent Bearing Damage and Reduce EMI in Equipment
- Can we wrap, letter and decal your entire fleet of trucks, no matter how big or small? YES, WE CAN!
- New Graphic Design Service Offers Unbeatable Prices
- Stride Movers Announces Free Moving Supplies Promotion
- Learn about the Opportunity Zone in Flagler County Aug. 20
- Concierge Auctions' Summer Mountain Auction Kicks off with Six Global Sales and Record Price in Wyoming
- Dustin Burrows resigns as caucus chair amid allegations, will Burrows make a statement?
- The Partnership to Provide Detroit Jazz Fest Shuttles Continues
- Interview with Dr. Tony Nettleman of Nettleman Institute of Land Surveying Engineering Technology
- Amateur Treasure Hunter From New Mexico Wins The Tesla Dream Giveaway!
- Experienced Financial Advisor Chooses Cutter & Company in Launching Her Own Independent Firm
- IoT Data Logging with Expert Devices
- Work 365 Sync for Self-Service and Provisioning Automation
- Celebrity Charity Football Tournament at Seaford FC in Sussex for 4 Charities
- Bravo's Married To Medicine Reality Star Draws Breast Cancer Survivors to Atlanta's City Hall
- Gaslowitz Frankel Attorneys Recognized in 2020 Edition of Best Lawyers in America
- Jazz Across the Water, Bordum and Rhodes
- Kelley Kronenberg's Alison Verges Walters Named a Top Women Leader in Accounts Receivable
- Disruptive Startup Award @ Stanford
- The Beautiful Day Un Dia Bonito Magazine inspired by the Show hitting the Tri-State region