Popular on eTradeWire
- Searchaerospace achieves first milestone listing repair capabilities 215
- Anna Faktorovich Announces Candidacy for Mayor of Quanah, Texas 191
- XOV prepares to launch its bank-grade digital payments arm, Slipstream, for cryptocurrency 173
- PacketSled Recognized by SC Media as a Finalist for Best Computer Forensic Solution 161
- Ring Power Corporation Appoints Alban President 146
- Paras Biopharmaceuticals Finland Oy Announces Successful Development of Biologically Active Romiplostim (N-Plate® Biosimilar) Production Technology 102
- The Hype Magazine Signs Exclusive Podcast Agreement With Digital Soapbox Network
- Delta Hotels Saskatoon Downtown Undergoes Transformation and Rebranding
- Foolay DC Releases New Single: Know What It Is
- Mirage 8524 DLZ Bar LE Takes 2019 Innovation Award
Similar on eTradeWire
- Get 20% OFF Windows & Doors in February!
- Ryan Stallings Appointed to Board of Directors
- Confast Thunderstud Hot Dip Galvanized Wedge Anchor Now Available
- Moss/Kiewit under Contract for $471 Million Port Everglades Improvements
- Help for Homeless Families: HomeAid's 18th Annual Essentials Drive
- HomeAid Atlanta Receives Donation from Atlanta SMC
- FineCraft Contractors to Host a Live Webinar on Recession-Proofing Your Business
- Staker Parson Invites Utah Diesel Technician Pathways Students to Job Shadow Day at Ogden Location
- ADASignDepot.com: New York & Connecticut Compliant ADA Signs with the Dynamic Wheelchair Symbol Icon
- Highlight 2018 for Cooperstown Environmental
Thirty years devoted to the manufacture and sales of concrete fasteners will add up to a wealth of knowledge about these products. Three decades of providing answers to questions from customers will also result in hearing many of the same questions repeated.
According to Bob Carlisle, President of Concrete Fastening Systems, Inc., the top five questions and their answers that have been asked about concrete fasteners since he founded the company in 1988 are listed below:
What are the head sizes of a tapcon?
Standard Blue Tapcons
The head size is determined by the diameter and type of Tapcon being used. The reason the head size is important is match up the correct driver for installation. Tapcon are available in a flat phillips and a hex washer head. The flat phillips requires the use of a phillips type drive and the hex washer head requires a hex driver. The 3/16" tapcon is designed for a #2 phillips drive to be used and the 1/4" is a #3 phillips drive. The 3/16" hex washer head is designed to be used with a 1/4" hex driver and the 1/4" requires a 5/16" hex driver.
Large Diameter Tapcon
More on eTradeWire News
- Online Agency Publishes Comprehensive Overview of SEO in 2019
- New Models Grand Open from The Monarch Collection at Mosaic in Fort Collins on March 2 and March 3
- MFI Recovery Center Announces Spring Alumni Event
- Film about Forgotten Space Artist Honored with Best Documentary Award at the 44th Boston Sci-Fi Fest
- Leading Tattoo Removal Clinic in Atlanta Now Uses PRO-NOX
- Southeast Ventura County YMCA Kicks Off Its Annual Support Campaign
- Nationally touring Beatles tribute band comes to Sweetwater Music Hall on April 28
The large diameter Tapcon are only manufactured with a hex washer head, and require the use of a hex driver to install the anchor. Each diameter requires a different sized drive:
Anchor Diameter Hex Driver
How far apart do wedge anchors need to be placed from one another? What are the spacing requirements for concrete anchors?
Expansion type anchors exert an outward force into the concrete once properly installed. This outward expansion exerts pressure against the concrete from the deepest embedment all the way to the surface. Anchor placed too close together will decrease the holding values of both anchors. The rule of thumb in the expansion anchor industry is for expansion anchors to be spaced a minimum of 10 anchor diameters apart from each other, with the distance measured from center of anchor to center of anchor Keep in mind that some manufacturers of anchors may have special requirements for a certain anchor, which should be clearly specified.
What is the best type of anchor to use with ACQ lumber?
Concrete screws have a coating called Climaseal® which provides extra corrosion resistance and are acceptable for use in ACQ pressure treated lumber in outdoor applications. Tapcon screws that are well suited for outdoor use include the 410 stainless steel screw which is also Climaseal® coated. The hot-dipped galvanized wedge anchor provides moderate resistance to rust. Stainless steel wedge anchors are well suited for use outdoors and are available in 303, 304 and 316 stainless steel. The cost of the anchor increases in proportion to the level of rust resistance the steel or coating provides.
More on eTradeWire News
- MC Companies Receives Multiple Nominations At 2019 Arizona Multi-housing Association Tribute Awards
- Lesley Brice, President and Partner of MC Residential LLC., Named As 2019 Chair of Autism Speaks Walk Arizona In Association with S.A.R.R.C
- DynaScan Appoints Joe Hasenzahl as Director of New Advanced Retail Solutions Division
- OutAirOdor units take out molecules that pollute in-home air
- Waveband Communications Inc. attends IWCE
- "Diálogos internos: Poesía 1982-2014" - Poetry Collection Combines Works Written Over 32 Years
- Annual Music Festival in Chicagoland Honors Legends: The Largest Event of its Kind - April 13, 2019
It is important to note that zinc plated anchors should never be used in ACQ treated lumber.
What size screw or bolt is used in an internally threaded anchor?
Internally threaded anchors are designated by the internal bolt diameter. The size of the anchor refers to the diameter of the machine screw, bolt or threaded rod to be used with thisfastener.
What is considered to be the best concrete fastener for outdoor applications?
The best type of concrete fastener to use outdoors is based on the atmosphere and the requirements of the application. The plating, coating and type of material the fastener is made from will determine the amount of rust resistance performance.
· Zinc Plating – provides minimum rust resistance and should only be used in dry atmospheres
· Hot-Dip Galvanized – great for moist atmospheres and is only used on the wedge type anchors
· 303/304 Stainless Steel – works well in wet environments, and is available in wedge anchors, sleeve anchors and drop-in anchors
· 316 Stainless Steel – designed for use in submerged environments where chemicals may be present; available in wedge anchors or drop-in anchors
For more information visit: confast.com (http://www.confast.com/)
- Stemology® Releases Product with Advanced Stem Cell Technology Complex
- Community Invited to Cybersecurity Presentations and Awards Reception
- Dream Finders Homes to Build Townhomes at Beacon Lake
- Q4 2018 | Fort Bend | E Fort Bend Commercial Real Estate Trends
- Monitoring Milk Deliveries with an In Transit Temperature Recorder
- The Best Microfiction Anthology Series
- Pines of Mount Lebanon names LifeStories Director
- Bio Flame Offers 30% Discount On All Fireplaces Through The Month of February!
- Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Florida Network Realty Acquires Terry McCue Real Estate Inc
- "Nation's Fire" Private Red Carpet Cast/Crew Screening March 18, Capitol Theater Clearwater, Fl
- Get 20% OFF Windows & Doors in February!
- Roofing Contractor near Minneapolis Discusses Winter Roof Care
- Do you need a post-accident drug test? It depends
- CSM LeadDog and Promax Bring Game Changers Networking Event to Los Angeles
- The Documentary 'I Learned It From You' Selected to Compete in 2019 Global Indian Film Festival
- Teeth grinding treatment begins with proper diagnosis
- Everyone Wins. How Shayna Pellino, Founder of Shayna Rose Interiors, Turned Negatives Into Positives
- Fabricoil® Reimagined for University of Delaware's Award-Winning iSuite
- "A.C. Marmo & Sons, Inc. Insurance Agency Continues To Receive Industry Recognition"
- MECA Solutions' printing sleeves feature proprietary materials