Popular on eTradeWire
- Mexico Investment Casting Facility Announces Robotic Expansion 233
- Menke to present at the 2019 Employee Ownership Conference 207
- EmeryStation West lease with Novartis 192
- The Frontline Falls Behind: Ineffective Training Threatens Financial Institutions, Says Support EXP 152
- Jill Liberman & Sean Kanan To Guest On The Jimmy Star Show With Ron Russell Wednesday Marcy 27, 2019 136
- NAACP Reveals Nominations For The 28th Annual Theatre Awards 134
- Hip-Hop Music Industry 2019 News 131
- Vacation Rental Puerta a la Playa joins the VisitLaManzanilla.com family 128
- Sales Jobs in Houston a Hidden Secret
- Single Mom Sarah Centrella Goes from Poverty to Best Selling Author Thanks to Her "Vision Boards"
Similar on eTradeWire
- HoloBuilder releases JobWalk Planner for 360° construction documentation planning to improve office-to-field communication
- McCarthy Building Companies Promotes BJ Peterson to Project Director
- BTU Analysis Family of Products Annoouncement
- DemandBlue launches DemandBlue Labs, a Salesforce Innovation Org for its customers
- What are your plants telling you?
- The National Demolition Association Shows Commitment to Safety During Safe + Sound Week
- Aspire Institute Presents Beating the Boom Bust Cycle at the 2019 PNW NARI Remodeler's Conference
- Aspire Institute Presents Beating the Boom Bust Cycle at Greater Dallas NARI Member Meeting
- Staker Parson Supports Weber State University and Future Construction Professionals
- Klassen Remodeling & Design Wins Customer Service Award for Second Consecutive Year
Thirty years devoted to the manufacture and sales of concrete fasteners will add up to a wealth of knowledge about these products. Three decades of providing answers to questions from customers will also result in hearing many of the same questions repeated.
According to Bob Carlisle, President of Concrete Fastening Systems, Inc., the top five questions and their answers that have been asked about concrete fasteners since he founded the company in 1988 are listed below:
What are the head sizes of a tapcon?
Standard Blue Tapcons
The head size is determined by the diameter and type of Tapcon being used. The reason the head size is important is match up the correct driver for installation. Tapcon are available in a flat phillips and a hex washer head. The flat phillips requires the use of a phillips type drive and the hex washer head requires a hex driver. The 3/16" tapcon is designed for a #2 phillips drive to be used and the 1/4" is a #3 phillips drive. The 3/16" hex washer head is designed to be used with a 1/4" hex driver and the 1/4" requires a 5/16" hex driver.
Large Diameter Tapcon
More on eTradeWire News
- C-FLUOR Submersible Probes, Ultra Low-Power sensors
- Six Years After Tragedy Rachael's First Week is Still Going Strong Educating Teens
- Invaluable Service for Older Drivers and Their Concerned Families
- Lakeside Pottery Studio Awarded the Better Business Bureau's 2019 Torch Award for Ethics
- Why 'Knot?' Celebrate National Pretzel Day Friday, April 26 at Bavarian Inn Restaurant
The large diameter Tapcon are only manufactured with a hex washer head, and require the use of a hex driver to install the anchor. Each diameter requires a different sized drive:
Anchor Diameter Hex Driver
How far apart do wedge anchors need to be placed from one another? What are the spacing requirements for concrete anchors?
Expansion type anchors exert an outward force into the concrete once properly installed. This outward expansion exerts pressure against the concrete from the deepest embedment all the way to the surface. Anchor placed too close together will decrease the holding values of both anchors. The rule of thumb in the expansion anchor industry is for expansion anchors to be spaced a minimum of 10 anchor diameters apart from each other, with the distance measured from center of anchor to center of anchor Keep in mind that some manufacturers of anchors may have special requirements for a certain anchor, which should be clearly specified.
What is the best type of anchor to use with ACQ lumber?
Concrete screws have a coating called Climaseal® which provides extra corrosion resistance and are acceptable for use in ACQ pressure treated lumber in outdoor applications. Tapcon screws that are well suited for outdoor use include the 410 stainless steel screw which is also Climaseal® coated. The hot-dipped galvanized wedge anchor provides moderate resistance to rust. Stainless steel wedge anchors are well suited for use outdoors and are available in 303, 304 and 316 stainless steel. The cost of the anchor increases in proportion to the level of rust resistance the steel or coating provides.
More on eTradeWire News
- Formula Cloud: Become Data Resilient... Jump Start Your Mission with AWS Storage Options
- New Video Explores DANGERS OF BUI
- Join Artemis Women In Action Film Festival for an Incredible 4-Day Celebration of Female Action & Empowerment Heroes, Starting Thurs., April 25, 2019!
- Global Warming – Reduce Carbon Pollution & Particulates ECO Fuel Systems, LLC
- Check out the simple procedure to change Yahoo password
It is important to note that zinc plated anchors should never be used in ACQ treated lumber.
What size screw or bolt is used in an internally threaded anchor?
Internally threaded anchors are designated by the internal bolt diameter. The size of the anchor refers to the diameter of the machine screw, bolt or threaded rod to be used with thisfastener.
What is considered to be the best concrete fastener for outdoor applications?
The best type of concrete fastener to use outdoors is based on the atmosphere and the requirements of the application. The plating, coating and type of material the fastener is made from will determine the amount of rust resistance performance.
· Zinc Plating – provides minimum rust resistance and should only be used in dry atmospheres
· Hot-Dip Galvanized – great for moist atmospheres and is only used on the wedge type anchors
· 303/304 Stainless Steel – works well in wet environments, and is available in wedge anchors, sleeve anchors and drop-in anchors
· 316 Stainless Steel – designed for use in submerged environments where chemicals may be present; available in wedge anchors or drop-in anchors
For more information visit: confast.com (http://www.confast.com/)
- Millenium SynthFuels Announces The Success of It's Exhaust Gas Clean-up Technologies
- Fennemore Craig Attorneys Recognized in AZ Big Media List of Top 100 Lawyers in Arizona for 2019
- Declassification of CBD in Texas Clears Path for Radix Remedies Store Openings
- New Dance Academy with a Passion for Humble
- El Dorado Furniture is hiring for various positions in Dade, Broward, Palm Beach and Lee counties!
- KSPS Productions Nominated for Two 2018 Northwest Regional Professional Emmy® Awards
- 9th St. Louis Teen Talent Competition Finals Winners Announced
- The Spring Carlisle Auction Readies for Two Days of Fast Paced Excitement
- Carlisle Events Celebrates the Summer of '69 During the 2019 Event Season
- ABCO Energy Announces Results of Operations for 2018
- Raritan Valley Dance Ensemble to perform at The Center for Contemporary Art
- CourseFromScratch.Com Reviews - Danielle Leslie's High Ticket Program
- Governor Gretchen Whitmer To Speak at Governor's Fitness Awards in Detroit
- British Swim School Is On The Move To Canada
- Christian Music Site, Indieheaven.com, Closes
- New Silva UltraMind book helps you unleash your personal power
- International House at UC Berkeley to Recognize Notable Alumna Baroness Oona King
- Dr Imafidon MBE gets honoured with the freedom of the City of London
- 5 Ways To Think Eco-Friendly When Clothes Shopping This Spring
- Agency on Aging Hosts 45th Annual Meeting & Community Partner Recognition Luncheon