Popular on eTradeWire
- Pioneering a New Wave in UK Rap Music: BH.WAV - 2415
- Emmy nominated Composer Anthony Barfield Creates A Distinctive Sonic Fusion of Classical and Hip-Hop - 228
- Fairmint Achieves Milestone as Newly SEC-Registered Transfer Agent - 215
- Colonial Oil Industries and TICO Lead Sustainable Energy Transition in the Southeast - 188
- Celebrating Five Decades of Unapologetically Subversive Queer Fiction - 183
- Echoes of Elysium | New Works by Jennifer JL Jones - 164
- Healthcare Network names Dr. Salvatore Anzalone vice president of clinical business development - 161
- TAG Video Systems Joins the Streaming Video Technology Alliance - 160
- Inspires The Gift Of Love This Valentine's Day With A New Collection Of Williams Sonoma P - 145
- California Music Hall of Fame and Museum to Honor Iconic Americana Singer-Songwriter Gary Green - 145
Similar on eTradeWire
- STORsquare Central Florida Offers A Unique Solution To People Moving In Central Florida
- GovComm Launches WrongWay.ai to Highlight AI's Role in Enhancing Wrong-Way Vehicle Detection Systems
- One Month Free Self-Storage Campaign Launched In Gold Coast
- Ten-8 Fire & Safety Fort Myers Service Facility Grand Opening
- ECO Fuels – Do they Improve Fuel Efficiency, Reduce Carbon & Greenhouse Gases – ECOFuelMax
- Rely on us for your no-fuss windshield replacement in Florida
- AMPP Welcomes New Board Member to Strengthen Its Commitment to the Transportation Sector
- Resilient Freight Solutions Receives Prestigious WBE Rising Star Award
- Consolidated Chassis Management Announces Appointment of New Senior VP of Human Resources
- Mytee Products' New Caster Wheels Offer Better Mobility For Your Shipping Container
The BYD K7M seats up to 22 passengers and includes two optional ADA compliant wheelchair positions. BYD buses are equipped with unique iron-phosphate batteries that are recognized as the safest in the industry, and are built with low-floors to enhance accessibility and safety for its passengers.
"BYD is proud to join Annapolis as it starts down the path toward electrification" said BYD Senior Vice President Patrick Duan. "Annapolis is such a beautiful city, full of rich history and it's an honor to be a part of its journey toward a greener, cleaner future."
The Annapolis Department of Transportation, which operates Annapolis Transit, aims to provide the highest level of reliable, safe, customer-focused, accessible and efficient public transportation throughout its city. Annapolis Transit plans to enhance the quality of life through making environmentally conscious decisions with clean energy transit.
More on eTradeWire News
- Bainbridge Industries Introduces Home Renovations & Referral Program
- Bricks R Us Changes The Landscape Of The Brick Engraving Industry With The Purchase Of Fund Raisers
- Cellphone Catastrophe? Don't Drop the Call! Satellite Phone Store Lifts You Off the Grounded Grid
- Certero and Jisc Partner to Transform UK Academic Sector's IT Management
- Auxo Medical Expands its Sterile Processing Equipment Maintenance and Repair Field Service into Ohio
"We all have to make changes in our lives and routines to become less reliant on energy sources that contribute to climate change and sea level rise," said Mayor Gavin Buckley. "Migrating our transit fleet from fossil fuels to electric is a step the City of Annapolis can take. We are very happy to be moving forward with this acquisition."
The buses will be built by members of the Sheet Metal, Air, Rail and Transportation (SMART) workers Union, Local 105, in BYD's manufacturing facility located in Lancaster, California.
BYD, which stands for Build Your Dreams, is the world's leading battery-electric bus manufacturer with over 80,000 vehicles on the road globally, and more than 1,000 vehicles on the road or in production in the United States. BYD is creating hundreds of American jobs, making battery-electric buses that are helping to clean our air while improving efficiency and the bottom line for our customers. Follow BYD on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
Alexa Trujillo | BYD Community Relations Associate
+1 (661) 940-3250 ext. 72530
Alexa Trujillo | BYD Community Relations Associate
- Celebrate Earth Day on a wine-filled adventure along the Shawangunk Wine Trail!
- Podcasting: The Rising Giant in Digital Media
- Warrior Homes of Collier dedicates Patriot Garden Courtyard at newly opened Delta House
- David Kovacs Joins Data Health's Board as Independent Director
- Top Rated Micro Wedding Venue in Colorado Springs
- Tommy's Girl Hair Co. Opens First Couture Hair House in North Dallas
- StrategicEdge Unveils New Website, Solidifying Its Position as Premier Small and Medium Business
- Leading Trust and Estate Administrator Megan Warman Joins Midwest Trust
- Jump City Rentals now in Modesto, CA! Best Party Equipment rentals, Bounce House rentals & More
- The Pivotal Companies Announces Partnership with The Impact Agency
- Tactical Gear Company Releases Cobra Buckle Dog Collar for K9 Training
- Why Green Initiatives Require Brown Sources FREE Webinar
- Moss Celebrates Groundbreaking of Cipriani Residences Miami – Brickell's Tallest Tower
- Tone Commander Launches DOD-Certified, Push-to-Talk, Secure SIP Phones
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Lee County names Kaliyah Stephens as 2024 Youth of the Year
- Human Immunoglobulin G1 (IgG1) Antibody
- On the UNDRESSED podcast this week British Actor/Producer Scott Wright from UK's "Shameless" TV series
- Iconic Jewelry: Patricia Locke Trunk Show
- Garden Room Design Outdoor Modular Spaces Installation In As Little As 3 Weeks
- MacCase Announces New Line of "Hybrid" MacBook Cases