Popular on eTradeWire
- Express Homes coming to family-friendly Lehigh Acres 130
- Calabasas.Crypto Ethereum Blockchain Website For Rent
- SheFeeds LLC Launches a Campaign to Produce Their First Nursing Top Design, the Butterfly Feeder
- MTech Mobility Announces Acquisition, Launches Atlanta Office and Expands Global Footprint to Asia
- Zobe Records Signs Gospel Rapper Ashes
- REVELNATION Enterprises, Inc. Plans To Launch New Streaming Platform, Honors Dr. Khalilah Ali At Celebrity Event
- Black Candy - Reinvent Yourself, in the running for the Author Academy Award
- EclecticIQ continues its global expansion, reaching significant milestones in 2019
- Paintings in Oil on View May 1st through May 30th
- America's Favorite Crab Spot is headed to Mississippi
The auction is already up and online for pre-bidding. It will go live on Saturday, March 14th, at 9 am Pacific time, and continue on through the afternoon that day. Up for bid are around 450 lots of authentic Egyptian, Greek, Roman, Near Eastern, Holy Land, Byzantine, Asian and Pre-Columbian antiquities, plus ethnographic art, Natural History items and other rare collectibles.
All lots may be viewed and bid on now, via Ancient Resource Auctions' bidding platform, at bid.AncientResourceAuctions.com, and on its bidding apps for both Android and Apple devices. Bids can also be placed on Invaluable.com and LiveAuctioneers.com. A link to LiveAuctioneers is at https://www.liveauctioneers.com/catalog/161985_....
"We're featuring an incredible selection of antiquities from a wide variety of cultures in our first major online auction of the new year," said Gabriel Vandervort, the owner of Ancient Resource Auctions, adding, "Bidders are bound to get some wonderful pieces at great prices."
With a pre-sale estimate of $7,000-$10,000, the large Byzantine double-spouted bronze lamp is a strong candidate for top lot of the auction. The 9 ¾ inch tall lamp, on a flared pedestal foot, is lovely, with an elegant rounded body and well-preserved brown patinated surfaces with green deposits. Lamps with similar bodies and spout designs currently reside in the British Museum.
More on eTradeWire News
- Market-Connections Professional Resume Writing Services
- Canadian teen singer/actor David Raynolds released a brand new single IONIZE
- GIS General Fund Holds Steady During Economic Volatility
- Zeezamicro Just Added Consumer Electronics
- Lasers project Coronavirus message on Pyramids
The full figure marble anthropic cohoba stand was an item used in hallucinogenic ceremonies.
A bowl of cohoba would be placed on the effigy's head and shared among participants. The stands were rarely made from stone, like this gorgeous 12 ½ inch tall example. The figure's head is turned backward – commonly seen in Taino Art (est. $6,000-$8,000).
The Etruscan terracotta head of a man, 10 inches tall, is an outstanding example. He is veiled and is wearing a narrow diadem decorated with rosettes. Four small pinecones adorn his forehead and his features are wonderfully modeled in high relief, his hair short and well defined. Last acquired thru Sotheby's, the piece should garner $4,000-$5,500.
A wonderful Egyptian bronze figure of the mother goddess Mut from the Late Period (circa 664-332 BC), depicted wearing a tight-fitting gown and striated wig, with uraeus surmounted by the double crown of Upper and Lower Egypt, 6 ¾ inches tall, has an estimate of $6,000-$7,500. Also, a very rare Egyptian wooden Apis Bull figure, also from the Late Period, well carved from a single piece of cedar, should garner $5,500-$8,000.
A large and beautiful Egyptian polychrome figure of the funerary deity Ptah-Sokar-Osiris from the Late Period, 25 ¼ inches tall, depicted mummiform on a rectangular integral base and with much of the original paint preserved, is expected to fetch $5,000-$8,000; while a large Greek terracotta figure of a bearded deity from the Late Hellenistic Period (2nd-1st Century BC), 20 ¾ inches tall and very well preserved, should hit $4,000-$7,000.
A wonderful Apulian red-figure fish plate from the 4th Century BC, depicting three perch-type fish, each beautifully executed with great style and detail, about 5 ½ inches in diameter, carries a pre-sale estimate of $3,500-$4,500. Also, a gorgeous Roman head of an enraptured Venus, the goddess of love, circa 2nd Century AD, likely once part of a paired statue with Pan, mounted on a marble stand, is estimated to reach $1,500-$3,000.
More on eTradeWire News
- 1440 Launches Coronavirus Resource Page
- Digital Defense Earns 5-Star Rating in the 2020 CRN® Partner Program Guide
- No Charge for DataSelf Analytics for Sage 100, Sage 300 or Sage X3 until June 30, 2020
- Local designer makes safety masks for hospital
- Coronavirus Cleaning & Disinfection: Commercial & Residential
In addition to live and Internet bidding, phone and absentee bids will be accepted. When bidding this way, a 19.5 percent buyer's premium will apply, versus a 24.5 percent when bidding online via LiveAuctioneers.com or Invaluable.com, and 20 percent via the Ancient Resource Auctions bidding platform and app. Previews are by appointment only; to schedule one call 818-425-9633.
Mr. Vandervort said Ancient Resource Auctions is one of the few truly specialized auction houses as it pertains to handling rare antiquities. "We're a small operation with a true passion and dedication for ancient history," he said, "with decades of combined experience working specifically with these items. Buyers can feel secure knowing we only offer genuine antiquities."
To learn more about Ancient Resource Auctions and the Saturday, March 14th Exceptional Spring Antiquities Sale, visit www.AncientResourceAuctions.com. For more information, please call 818-425-9633; or, you can send an e-mail to email@example.com.
About Ancient Resource Auctions:
Ancient Resource Auctions is always seeking quality ancient art and antiquities for future auctions. To inquire about consigning one piece or an entire collection, you may call 818-425-9633 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. All inquiries are confidential. To learn more, please visit www.ancientresourceauctions.com.
Ancient Resource Auctions
P. O. Box 278
Montrose, CA 91021 USA
- OTCWagon Initiates coverage on Canadian Junior Resource Company: Desert Mountain Energy Corp
- Ohio Fashion Week Founder Jackie Bertolette Designs Social Distancing Campaign
- How to become a Talent Agent in Los Angeles to earn $70k+ with NO RISK of Losing jobs AGAIN
- Rock Guitar Virtuoso Reveals New Tapping Technique Tutorial
- Vibrnz Launches Support The Artists Series
- Editor World Offers Fast, High-Quality English Academic Editing Services
- Company Message To Our People- COVID 19 Resources
- PitchSix EyeSend Belay Glasses Available
- Distroller World Launches Mission K Campaign to Promote Healthy Habits
- GPHCC's Dine Latino to boost Hispanic restaurant businesses
- Free 15 Minute Distant Reiki Sessions with Reiki Master, Donna McDine
- MY Shower Door / D3 Glass manufacturing protective guards
- South Carolina's Humimic Medical Arming Healthcare Workers for the COVID-19 War
- Free Skype Author Visits with Award-winning Children's Author, Donna McDine
- Sweet James Offers Employees Emergency Relief and Help with Medical Bills
- San Diego Executives Gauge Coronavirus Impact
- Symplast Announced as Platinum Vendor of the American Med Spa Association; to Present Educational Webinar on Telehealth to all Society Members
- ROI Adds Customer Development Director to Management Team
- Hazard Pay Needs To Be Paid To Essential Employees, Temporary Employees and Contractors
- DDPY is now offering DDPY KIDZ free on their website