Popular on eTradeWire
- Jason Mitchell Is Named #1 Producing Real Estate Agent In Arizona In 2018 185
- Dr. Paul Norwood peer reviews new scientific article related to the treatment of Type 2 Diabetes 142
- Mercury Retrograde Celebrated by Tristate Astrologers on International Astrology Day 2019 129
- Black Diamond PR Firm announces new client, Atlanta Falcons Wide-Receiver, Mohamed Sanu 129
- William J. Bruce III to Return as Host to Aussie Osbourne Show 120
- Music Industry Month End Report for February 2019
- Jill Liberman & Sean Kanan To Guest On The Jimmy Star Show With Ron Russell Wednesday Marcy 27, 2019
- Ahoy Mateys! Pirates with plates are on the horizon
- Subaru of Midland Odessa Partners With MASA, Will Donate 2019 Subaru Outback
Similar on eTradeWire
- Axkid tillkännager lanseringen av Axkid Modukid bilstolssystem
- little countdown app integrates with iOS Calendar
- Valeri Bridal Exclusive Collection At Diamond Bridal Gallery
- Mancuso Motorsports Announces Members Only Car Club
- Chicago Tween to Receive Rising Star Award at an Independent Event During Cannes Film Festival
- New Book Reveals Ways to Use Writing as a Meditation Technique
- NFL Star & Mogul Mommy Open Up Luxe Baby Store in the Shops at Hudson Yards New York City
- WILD TONIC® Partners with Louis Glunz Beer, Inc. to Share Innovative Ferments with Chicago
- Roomganize Releases a Top-of-the Line Sunglasses Organizer Just Ahead of Summer
- Public invited to learn more about The Palmary at Western Reserve
The Mississippi Valley Bike + Outdoor Expo hours are Saturday, 1 - 6 p.m. and Sunday, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. Cost is $8 through January 11 online (https://www.eventbrite.com/e/mississippi-valley-...) or $12 on site. Youth age 12 and under are free.
With more than 100 vendors selling new and used outdoor gear, sharing information about upcoming adventures, and advocating for an improved recreation landscape, the 17-year-old show is the premier consumer event and cultural gathering for the regional outdoor community.
With Terrain Magazine (http://terrain-mag.com/) taking over the management of the Expo three years ago, it has evolved from its inception as simply a bike swap in the early 2000s. St. Louis BWorks (http://www.bworks.org/) is the lead nonprofit organization involved with and benefiting from ticket sales for this year's Expo.
New at the 2019 Mississippi Valley Bike + Outdoor Expo:
• The Gateway Outdoor Summit (https://www.eventbrite.com/e/gateway-outdoor-sum...) on Friday, January 11, which includes a keynote address by St. Louis native Luis Benitez (http://luisbenitez.info/), director of the Colorado Outdoor Recreation Industry Office. Benitez has climbed Mount Everest six times and currently serves as an advocate for Colorado's bustling outdoor industry. The Summit is free, but online registration is required (https://www.eventbrite.com/e/gateway-outdoor-sum...).
More on eTradeWire News
- Malaysia's Healthcare sector responding affirmatively to the 4.0 era with values-based approach
- UK's only single patient handling equipment maintenance and management provider announces dig
- Generation Glamp: The Rising Trend of Glamping in Australia
- Restore Datashred is now a compliant Service Level Provider PCI-DSS
- Wisconsin Annual Blues Harmonica Festival 2019!
• VIP Party. Celebrate Terrain Magazine's 5th anniversary and rub elbows with Expo vendors and enjoy select food, beverages and entertainment at this mixer from 6 - 8 p.m. January 12 at the Expo. Cost will be $15 in advance (https://www.eventbrite.com/e/mississippi-valley-...) or $20 on site (cost includes entrance to the Expo).
Other features include:
• Climbing Wall: Test your ability on several different routes of varying difficulty. The wall is 23 feet tall, with holds and features that simulate a real rock surface.
• Mountain Bike Demo: Ride a demo mountain bike on a series of stationary obstacles while friends and family cheer you on.
• RockR Trainer: Take a simulated ride with this large visual display that engages participants in a virtual bicycle experience.
• Mobile Life Base Camp: Tour the latest overland vehicles, mini travel trailers and toy haulers and take your future outdoor adventures on the road.
"This year's Expo is shaping up even better than we hoped," said Brad Kovach, editor/publisher of Terrain Magazine. "The amount of early vendors signing up and their enthusiasm about this year's event has been exhilarating. And the new location at St. Louis Union Station hotel just adds to the excitement."
In 2018, the Expo attracted nearly 2,500 exhibitors and attendees — a 25-percent increase of the previous year.
For more information about attending and exhibiting at the Mississippi Valley Bike + Outdoor Expo, visit www.bikeandoutdoorexpo.com.
The Mississippi Valley Bike + Outdoor Expo started with a bicycle-only focus in the early 2000s, and ticket proceeds the past two years have benefited St. Louis BWorks (http://www.bworks.org/) and its Earn-A-Bike program. In 2018, BWorks received $7,250 from the event.
"The Earn-A-Bike program aims to teach kids that they can set goals, and reach them," said Patrick Van Der Tuin, executive director of BWorks. During the free program, kids attend a series of hands-on courses held once a week for six weeks. "They learn about bikes, including maintenance and safety, but the other lessons they learn are even more valuable. They learn to solve problems individually and as a group. They also learn a sense of responsibility, as students must attend every session to graduate," Van Der Tuin said. Upon graduation, kids receive their own bike, helmet, light, and lock and participate in a group safety ride with adults and peers.
More on eTradeWire News
- Women's movement founded 11 decades ago gains strength while positioning itself in the social media era
- Ambulatory Accreditation Consultants Certified by LSBE
- little countdown app integrates with iOS Calendar
- The Tech Podcast You Should be Watching
- GAMESPARK™ Announces Subscription Service
BWorks is currently celebrating its 30th anniversary and has given away or youth have earned tens of thousands of bikes since its beginning.
About St. Louis BWorks
St. Louis BWorks Inc. is a not-for-profit tax-exempt 501(c)(3) institution. Its primary mission is to increase the probability of positive life outcomes for youth by providing them the incentive and opportunity to develop their academic, vocational and social skills through programs using bicycles (Bicycle Works), books (Book Works) and computers (Byte Works). Its work is funded mainly through the sale of refurbished adult bicycles. www.bworks.org. Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/stlbicycleworks/). Twitter (https://twitter.com/StlBicycleWorks). Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/stlbworks/?hl=en).
About Terrain Magazine
Launched in January 2014, Terrain Magazine is the only publication dedicated exclusively to outdoor recreation and active living in St. Louis and the Midwest region. Its mission is to provide inspiration, information, and access to products and services for those who want to explore the many facets of the outdoors, whether for competition purposes, for their health or simply for enjoyment. Learn more at www.terrain-mag.com.Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/terrainmag/).Twitter (https://twitter.com/TerrainMag). Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/terrain_magazine/). #MVBikeExpo
- Empowered Speaker Event – Public Speaker Training in Hutchinson Island, Florida
- Conservancy of Southwest Florida collects 12 ADDY awards for outstanding print, digital campaigns
- Campus Safety HQ Online Training and Resource Center for Campus Safety Professionals is now FREE
- Kiss Goodbye To Ms Raises Awareness And Vital Resources To Help Find A Cure For Multiple Sclerosis
- Figural oil painting by James McNeill Whistler will be in Woodshed Art Auctions' April 4th auction
- Non Emergency Medical Transportation Accreditation Commission is Excited to Announce its First Annual Conference
- Robert "Kool" Bell Will Discuss Renewable Energy At Delaware State U
- Daughter of WWII survivors tells family story of triumph over tragedy at Regal Palms Senior Living Residence in Largo, FL
- PMTI announces virtual PMP® Training Course - April 1 to 4
- MMI Charlotte Joins Forces with Roc solid Foundation to "Play It Forward"
- Find Out If It's Possible To Bring Order From Chaos and Personal Tragedy In "Beleaguered Truth"
- Productiv, Inc. Rolls Out Template for Supply Chain Success
- David McCaskill Joins Halff as Director of Landscape Architecture
- Brooke Woods New Single To Country Radio
- Go Behind The Scenes In The New Audiobook "Yes, Ma'am!: Running the Thin Blue Line - A Cop's Memoir"
- Radio Host Neil Henry's Safe Money Book
- Victoria Miningham Brings Classical Music to Millennials with Victoria Opera House
- A Brand New Release: "Mystical Fairies" Written And Illustrated By Judy Mastrangelo
- Childhood Baseball Dreams Are Chased In New Audiobook "The Sons of Chester" Now Available Worldwide
- MedShadow Foundation Announces New Website Launch