Popular on eTradeWire
- Vegan travel has changed forever! 214
- Local Travel Professional Becomes Cunard Voyage Expert by Earning Top Rank in Cunard Academy 190
- VIP Vacations receives the first induction into Chairman's Royal Club Diamond Elite 172
- My Shop Luggage: Premium Luggage, Travel Bags, & Accessories 164
- Trondent Launches Another Travel Industry First: Pre-Trip Authorization with Artificial Intelligence 148
- Expatfinancial.com Unveils its Revamped Website 135
- Megha Dontha Narrates Audiobook Version of Best-Selling Startup Book 'The 60 Minute Startup' 133
- Full Schedule for the Women in Travel Summit North America Released 120
- KeysCaribbean Vacation Home Rentals Features 'Book Now, Pay Later' Special Offer 119
- Vulcan Boot Camp Receives 2019 Savannah Award 115
Similar on eTradeWire
- Metro Building and Remodeling Group Named NARI 2020 Regional CotY Winner
- Patton Announces the Industry's Most Flexible High-Density FXS VoIP Gateway
- Signco America (Formerly Sparkle Sign Co) Celebrates 40 Years Making Signs!
- NARI Metro DC Announces 2020 Capital Contractor of the Year (CotY) Winners
- Leavitt Cranes Named Jekko Importer for Canada
- Great Ideas for the Bonus Room in Your Custom Home
- Eliminate damage to Wedge Anchors during installation
- Tarps Now Expands Capacity Supporting Manufacture and Rapid On-Site Deliveries of Heavy Duty Tarps
- RJD Green Inc.'s Contracting Division Silex Holdings Announced Additional Commercial Contra
- Construction Begins on Fast Tilt Retaining Wall Project
The new $9.778 million fire station will be named the Captain Matthew Burton and Engineer Scott Desmond Memorial Station in honor of the two fallen Con Fire firefighters who made the ultimate sacrifice on July 21, 2007 while attempting to rescue two elderly residents trapped in a burning home on nearby Michelle Drive. Once complete, the new station will serve as a standing memorial to their sacrifice.
Located at 1800 23rd St. in San Pablo, the new station will replace the temporary Fire Station 70 quarters, which have been in service at 13928 San Pablo Avenue since shortly after the permanent station was severely damaged in the 1989 Loma Prieta earthquake.
More on eTradeWire News
- United Real Estate Executive Recognized as Real Estate Industry Leader
- Bowen Law Professional Group Announces New Website and Online Marketing Campaign
- HWA Announces Final Ballot for 2019 Bram Stoker Awards
- Wellington March Madness Tournament Comes to Palm Beach County March 7-8
- Fenway Group Announces Newest Client Partner
"Constructing this state-of-the-art fire station will better support our firefighters, allow for better quality of life, health and training, as well as community interaction, both in the immediate area of Station 70 and the surrounding communities," said Contra Costa County Fire Protection District Fire Chief Lewis Broschard. "Since soon after the original facility was damaged by the Loma Prieta earthquake in 1989, our firefighters have been working and living in modular structures that long ago outlived their useful lifespans. We are appreciative of the opportunity to work collaboratively with Alten Construction on this project that will rectify this challenging situation."
The new 15,000-square-foot two-story fire station will be built to modern earthquake standards to ensure its availability for facilitating disaster preparedness and response. The new structure will feature three state-of-the-art apparatus bays, a kitchen, functional dorm rooms, offices and restrooms, as well as rooms for fitness, dining, decontamination and storage. The space will also allow for considerable indoor and outdoor training opportunities, including ladder work, rappelling and indoor all-weather training.
More on eTradeWire News
- What Umbrella Insurance Policies Cover?
- Ground Floor Opportunity: Translations Startup
- NEW! Handmade Bag Company Helps Lift Women Out of Poverty
- Minnesota Gift Store Partners with Internet Marketing Company
- Senior living community highlights 'Communicating Through Dementia'
Fire Station 70 also will include a two-stop elevator, emergency generator and fuel tank and a photovoltaic roof system. Designed to keep carcinogens away from the firefighters, the station also will include high-tech gross decontamination showers, water extractors for protective gear cleaning, a decontamination sauna and modern systems for extraction of diesel exhaust particulates.
Alten Construction (https://www.altenconstruction.com/) broke ground on the fire station in April 2019 and received its notice to proceed in May 2019. The project will take roughly 17 months to complete and is expected to be finished in late November 2020.
Fire Station 70 is designed to meet Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design's (LEED) Silver equivalency per Contra Costa County's standard for public buildings.
Alicia King Robinson
- New Agent Opens Up National Van Lines Northern California Market
- Spire Agency Wins Big at the 2019 Annual Graphis Awards
- Ann Marie Mayuga, AMM Communications, Presents at March 19 SLSAE Lunch & Program
- Keyfactor Launches Partner Network, Announces Channel Leadership Appointment
- Higher Education Partnership of Southeast Florida (HEPSEF) Forms Academic Partnerships in 2020
- Ventura College Honors Benefactor Miriam Schwab Posthumously With 12-Foot Bronze Sculpture on Campus
- Conversations with Joan Now Available as A Podcast
- Jeron's Clinical Education Specialist and Enterprise Solutions at HIMSS20
- Millionacres Announces Speakers for Mogul Real Wealth Summit in San Diego
- A Range of Professional Lakeland Tree Service Now Available from Florida Green Tree, LLC
- Beamer Laser Marking Systems Bowling Green Office - Customer Service, Support for Central South US
- Greater Twin Cities Honda Dealers Donate $5,000 to Forestview Middle School
- Genuine Hospitality, LLC Announces Ellen Campen, Corporate Controller
- American Microsemiconductor, authorized distributor of VPT Components presents a new VPT Short
- Katrina Foley Endorsed by Newport Beach Firefighters Association, Local 3734
- City Barbeque celebrating Family Time on Sunday, February 23
- Digital Media Solutions Names Kathy Bryan As Chief Marketing Officer
- AutoQuotes and FEDA Announce New Strategic Partnership
- Lantek increases its turnover by 9.6%, reaching $23 million
- Dr. Greg Still Honored with ACFAS Distinguished Service Award