Popular on eTradeWire
- Color Code Security System, Fintech and Crypto Solutions Launched by Starcave Global 533
- Golf & Luxury When You Visit Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel Romantic Getaway 373
- Emily Bertsch Chosen For Hosted Future Leaders In Travel Retreat Event 366
- Tenon Tours Recognized As A Five-time Honoree Among Inc 2019 5000 Most Successful Companies 250
- Learn How to Build a Website From Scratch With Space Doggos 2 220
- New WordPress Plugin Feature: Line Chart Graphing 195
- American Airlines cancellation policy due to weather 178
- Creighton Construction & Development completes 7-Eleven in Miami, begins 7-Elevens in Florida, Texas 175
- Wreath Fineries at the Wineries! 161
- Richard Dreitzer Joins Fennemore Craig's Business Litigation Practice 155
Similar on eTradeWire
- Nightstick Launches IS-Certified Dual-Light Rechargeable LED Lanterns
- About iRemodel Home Renovations
- iRemodel Home Renovations and Improvement
- Mid-Atlantic Home Improvement expands services to include historic restoration
- Munger Enters Second Phase of Three Phase Expansion Project for Toyota of Wallingford
- Intracoastal Construction's Robbie Richmond Named Florida Certified Master Builder
- DOT regulations differ from Clearinghouse requirements
- NH based Clear Choice Home Improvements Ranks on Magazine's List of the Nation's Top 500 Home Remodelers
- MBMA Announces Reed's Metals LLC and Union Corrugating Company as Association's Newest Members
- Silver Star Sound And Electric Announces Full Design And Engineering Services
The new $9.778 million fire station will be named the Captain Matthew Burton and Engineer Scott Desmond Memorial Station in honor of the two fallen Con Fire firefighters who made the ultimate sacrifice on July 21, 2007 while attempting to rescue two elderly residents trapped in a burning home on nearby Michelle Drive. Once complete, the new station will serve as a standing memorial to their sacrifice.
Located at 1800 23rd St. in San Pablo, the new station will replace the temporary Fire Station 70 quarters, which have been in service at 13928 San Pablo Avenue since shortly after the permanent station was severely damaged in the 1989 Loma Prieta earthquake.
More on eTradeWire News
- Arabel Lebrusan Takes the Sourcing Trip of a Lifetime
- Tenor Saxophonist Lawrence Clark Releases his Sophomore Album Inner Visions Featuring Jeremy Pelt And Duane Eubanks on the European Jazz Tribes Label
- Local HVAC Contractor "Heroes Club" Provides Free Services to Cincinnati Community
- NATIONAL CENTER FOR HOMEOPATHY supports the HHS Pain Management Best Practices
- Realtor community unites to bring relief to the Bahamas
"Constructing this state-of-the-art fire station will better support our firefighters, allow for better quality of life, health and training, as well as community interaction, both in the immediate area of Station 70 and the surrounding communities," said Contra Costa County Fire Protection District Fire Chief Lewis Broschard. "Since soon after the original facility was damaged by the Loma Prieta earthquake in 1989, our firefighters have been working and living in modular structures that long ago outlived their useful lifespans. We are appreciative of the opportunity to work collaboratively with Alten Construction on this project that will rectify this challenging situation."
The new 15,000-square-foot two-story fire station will be built to modern earthquake standards to ensure its availability for facilitating disaster preparedness and response. The new structure will feature three state-of-the-art apparatus bays, a kitchen, functional dorm rooms, offices and restrooms, as well as rooms for fitness, dining, decontamination and storage. The space will also allow for considerable indoor and outdoor training opportunities, including ladder work, rappelling and indoor all-weather training.
More on eTradeWire News
- Ponos Industries Announces Expiration of its Tender Offer of Common Stock of General Electric Company Without Satisfaction of Tender Conditions
- International Day of Peace – Singing for Peace Flash mob
- First LGBTQ+ Web Series in Oklahoma Welcomes Second Season
- VPI Introduces 4K 18Gbps Mini DisplayPort Male to HDMI Female Adapter Cable
- FOURMIDABLE Ranked as a Top Property Management Firm
Fire Station 70 also will include a two-stop elevator, emergency generator and fuel tank and a photovoltaic roof system. Designed to keep carcinogens away from the firefighters, the station also will include high-tech gross decontamination showers, water extractors for protective gear cleaning, a decontamination sauna and modern systems for extraction of diesel exhaust particulates.
Alten Construction (https://www.altenconstruction.com/) broke ground on the fire station in April 2019 and received its notice to proceed in May 2019. The project will take roughly 17 months to complete and is expected to be finished in late November 2020.
Fire Station 70 is designed to meet Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design's (LEED) Silver equivalency per Contra Costa County's standard for public buildings.
Alicia King Robinson
- Welcoming Edmund Cotter to the Ordior Team!
- A 600,000,000 Milestone For Ordior!
- Newark CTE Network Kicks Off School Year
- Eric Ginsburg's Fridge Miami Salutes Baltimore in "Farewell Tour" for Art Week
- The best of Silicon Valley leaders to share knowledge and insights on Timeless Leadership Lessons
- Recording Artist Eileen Carey Returns To Nashville For Two Acoustic Performa
- Oakland International Film Festival Around The World In Eleven Days
- Versatile Haitian American Singer/Songwriter Natalie Jean Releases Collaboration with Inches From Sin
- Ninefifteen Releases New Single "This Time" From 4560 Album
- Mile High H2O Corporation Launching Sales Operations Across the U.S
- PREMIERE: Modern Vices "All You Got" By: Rachel Zyzda
- Talented Filmmaker Receives Gold Medal for Award-Winning Book Titled "I Am More Than My Hair"
- Xlibris Publishing Author Fida Abbott Won the Pinnacle Book Achievement Award for Summer 2019
- Healthcare Industry Veteran Michael Orscheln Joins Executive Team at American Medical Depot
- "Big Shoes" Author, Uses Harriet Tubman's Shoes; Teaches Others To Break Free, And Pursue Dreams
- Nebraska Nite Hawks (WNFC) Offering USA Football's First Down Event to Omaha Kids
- Fiction Ghostwriters: New Career Opportunities for Authors
- Towerdata Integrates Email Validation And Intelligence With Listrak Digital Marketing Platform
- Cadence Living and Ryan Companies Complete Acoya Mesa
- The First Minimalist GMT Dual Time Travel Watches Are Launching on Kickstarter