Popular on eTradeWire
- Las Vegas Walk of Stars to Honor Frank Shankwitz 441
- Realistic Salary Expectations for Teaching English Overseas 173
- Brothers Awarded Civil Air Patrol Congressional Gold Medal 166
- National Recording Artist Bre Naí has a Live Performance in Louisiana: Media Alert 6/7/2019 9:30PM 155
- Defining Digital: Extremist Content Chided, Super Mario Maker 2 Teased, Netflix's "Lelia" + more 122
- Island Intellectual Property Sues StoneCastle for $172 million 115
- New Major Bed Bug Class Action Lawsuit Against Marriott Hotels
- Warm Springs Health & Wellness Center Implements Digisonics Solution for OB Ultrasound
- Arsonist Firebombs Daystar Television Network's Jerusalem Studio
- The Security Event – it did what it said on the tin
Similar on eTradeWire
- MERGE4 Introduces Collection of No Show Socks
- Diner en Blanc Richmond - The Tradition Continues
- Revitalization of the Fashion Business Concept Communicates a Powerful Force
- Diamond Bridal Gallery Celebrates Success Offering Custom Made Wedding Dresses
- Star Launches New Tool for Branding Made Simple
- Garment Saver Previews Its Back-To-School Clothing For Toddlers & Kids
- Overwhelming Response Forces Venue and Date Change for '2019 Launching A Fashion Line Conference'
- August Promotion - Rhythm Swimwear
- Health & Wellness Brands Exposition at the Mind Body Soul Well-being Exchange & Summit, in New York City, August 29th, 2019
- Cincy Chic to Highlight History, Modern Art at June 21 Vintage Chic Fashion Show
The Panelists include:
• Colin Tetreault, Principal, S2 Consulting, LLC, Chair of Environmental Quality and Sustainability Commission, City of Phoenix
• Jessica Kosak, Technical Development Manager of Clothing, Footwear, and Textiles, The Sustainability Consortium
• Marianna Milkis, Co-Founder, CPO, StyleHacks (Epytom Inc.)
• Anthony Roide, Former Director of Innovation at Intel
Our Emcee/Moderator for the panel event is Laura Tanzer, an Arizona based Sustainable Fashion Designer
This event is organized by Arizona Apparel Foundation, LabelHorde, AZ Fashion Source and Arizona State University's Julie Ann Wrigley Global Institute of Sustainability.
Light refreshments will be served.
RSVP for the event by visiting www.azecofashionweek.com or going directly to https://sustainability.asu.edu/events/rsvp/az-eco-fashion-week-panel-discussion/
Date: Wednesday, April 24, 2019
Time: 6:00 - 8:00 p.m.
Location: FABRIC Tempe, 132 E 6th Street, Tempe, AZ 85281
More on eTradeWire News
- Independent Rom-Com Series "Public Displays Of Insanity" Hits Amazon With Fresh Take On The Biz
- Hip-Hop Artist & Entrepreneur Suga-T Speaks Out On Sephora
- San Diego/Carlsbad Real Estate Agent Promotes Homes To MORE Buyers For MORE Money
- Rizo Bros California Creamery Celebrates 1Year Anniversary of Successful Launch of Brand
- The ACC of St. Louis Held Annual Corporate Counsel Institute (CCI) May 15
"Arizona ECO Fashion Week is an effort to shed light on the unsustainable practices of the modern apparel manufacturing industry and highlight the sustainable solutions" said Johnson. "We hope to educate and engage Arizona designers, businesses, academics, youth, students, experts, and leaders in the community to explore a new frontier in the business of ECO Fashion."
The week includes expert panel discussions, workshops, student conversations, a green trunk show and more. The event will culminate in a "reFABRICate" fashion show highlighting sustainable local brand's collections as well as FABRIC's zero waste "reFABRICate" initiative featuring one-of-a-kind garments created by a team of local designers who breathe new life into AZ Fashion Source's manufacturing scraps. Right after the fashion show, reFABRICate apparel will be available to purchase at the Eco Pop-Up Shop inside FABRIC.
AZ Eco Fashion Week is part of Earth and Fashion Revolution Week. With the support of Fashion Revolution, AZ Eco Fashion Week encourages Arizonans to join in on the conversation at #azecofw and ask #WhoMadeMyClothes on social media during the event. This international effort raises awareness to pressing issues in sustainable fashion and brings international attention to the solution that FABRIC offers with local, small batch manufacturing and design resources.
For a schedule of events, tickets, panelists, participating designers and more, visit www.azecofashionweek.com
ABOUT THE AZ ECO FASHION WEEK SPONSORS
FABRIC is a fashion incubator where emerging designers can grow their abilities and their businesses. Featuring co-working and event spaces, workshops and classes as well as mentorship, micro-manufacturing and marketing opportunities, FABRIC allows designers to take their idea from concept to sewn to sold. The facility is a unique partnership of the City of Tempe, the 501c-3 Arizona Apparel Foundation, LabelHorde and Arizona Fashion Source and is located in downtown Tempe just off of Mill Avenue and on the Arizona State University footprint as well as online at www.fabrictempe.com.
More on eTradeWire News
- Lifetime TV "Ms. T's Music Factory" Temmora signs with Amirakal Marketing
- GET A GRIP Resurfacing Celebrates 20 Years Two Decades of National Resurfacing for Homegrown Family
- Limited Opportunities remain at The Residence at Old York Village
- Rady School of Management Celebrates the Graduation of 344 Students
- Northwestern Mutual – Chicago Growing Regional Footprint in Rosemont
ARIZONA APPAREL FOUNDATION is an Arizona non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation that is located inside of AZ's fashion incubator, FABRIC and can be found online at www.azapparelfoundation.org. The Foundation's mission is to provide Arizona's emerging designers and brands with innovative, small batch manufacturing and strategic business resources, so they can build sustainable fashion businesses locally. Its vision is to support cutting edge research and innovation in wearable tech and to build a sustainable and exciting new industry in Arizona.
LABELHORDE is a category-driven, online directory of fashion businesses enabling users to easily locate local emerging and established designers, boutiques, manufacturers, photographers, models, stylists, industry supplies, fashion schools and all things fashion related in Arizona. LabelHorde.com also features a Fashion Classifieds page for local fashion jobs, a Fashion Calendar that lists all local and important national fashion events. LabelHorde is located inside of AZ's fashion incubator FABRIC where it offers lessons/classes, tech pack services, consulting, and design studio resources that designers need to start and run their businesses.
ARIZONA FASHION SOURCE is a small batch apparel manufacturer located inside AZ's fashion incubator FABRIC, that uses sustainable and state-of-the-art manufacturing processes to create samples and production runs with no minimums. AFS manufactures heavy- and light-weight knits and wovens on industrial sewing equipment and the latest CAD programs and can be found online at www.azfashionsource.com.
Arizona Apparel Foundation, Eva Louis
- Tour Lennar's Tahoe Plan During the Utah Valley Parade of Homes
- Thousands of kids to get free backpacks, school supplies, haircuts
- Channel Islands Harbor Presents Concerts by the Sea
- Spiked Seltzer Sunday added to line up for 2019 Summerfest June 20-23
- Garcia & Artigliere Files Elder Abuse Case Against Fullerton Healthcare & Wellness Centre
- Global summit call for more responsible use of information technology
- Monitoring Temperature & Humidity in Operation Theatre
- Sonoma Valley Trail Rides to Offer Horseback Rides at Alta Vista Vineyards
- What Happens When Uber and Lyft Reject Your Application?
- ULI OC / IE District Council Announces New Leadership
- Gravic, Inc.® Wins HPE's Momentum Technology Partner of the Year 2019 Award!
- Laguna View Detox Is Now Fully Accredited by the Joint Commission
- Omnichain Expands its Business Development and Product Engineering Teams
- E.G. Woode Launches Crowdfunding Campaign on Bluefundrewards Platform
- Effective Medical Practice Staff Management, by doctor and researcher Dr. William Matzner
- MERGE4 Introduces Collection of No Show Socks
- CDL Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse will take effect in 2020
- Lutheran World Relief Responds to Persistent Drought in El Salvador and Honduras
- Anilox sleeves from MECA Solutions deliver long-term value
- ASR Media Productions Welcomes Two New Faces to Their Team