Popular on eTradeWire
- Khoja Consultants facing corporate espionage - 573
- Northstar Financial Services Bermuda Liquidated - 206
- One Benefit of COVID-19 on Addiction Treatment - 201
- San Diego's Chef Oz on Food Network's CHOPPED on October 13 - 187
- Winn Claybaugh and Eric W. Fulbright II on Creating a Culture of Inclusiveness and Anti-Racism - 187
- Musical Artist and Founder of Nious Media Launches The Arcade Cabinet Podcast on iHeart Radio - 175
- MD Orgs to Stymie Trump If He Overrides FDA - 172
- Alicia Marie Phidd ,Esq drops EP after penning nonfiction and adding podcaster to her titles in 2020 - 134
- SkateHut Reveals 'Lose Control' as Most Played TikTok Song As Trump To Ban App in USA - 124
- Rize Announces Enhanced Leadership Roles - 109
Similar on eTradeWire
- Professional Interactive Webinar Series: High Speed Rail Around the World
- Pollution and Politics True or False – ECOFuelMax
- Fall is the time for DOT consortium renewal decisions
- Trouble times Covid 19 Pandemic & Toronto Airport Limo
- National Van Lines Expands New York Scope
- BYD brings zero emission refuse collection to Sunshine State
- Engineering expertise enhances Robinson's portable fuel solutions
- Tucker Company Expands Executive Team With Transportation Logistics Expert
- CEO Coaching International Congratulates Gincor Werx for Being Named One of Canada's 400 Fastest Growing Companies
- CDI Global Advises Sale of Transportation Tech Company
The airlines point to a Harvard study claiming that there's "less than 1% risk of transmitting COVID in an aircraft," but the study was only a theoretical simulation belied by actual instances of mass infection, and is obviously suspect because it was sponsored by the aviation industry which is trying desperately to save itself by convincing people to ignore Dr. Anthony Fauci's clear warning that flying is very dangerous.
Even a 1% chance of infection with a deadly virus is significant, suggests Banzhaf, asking how many people would willingly play Russian roulette with a gun where only 1 out of 100 chambers had a bullet.
More on eTradeWire News
- BeBop Sensors' Forte Data Glove Adds Haptic Interaction Support for Oculus 2 and Unreal Engine
- The Clog Blog (Nursing Shoes, That Is!)
- Bricks & Sticks Fishing Tournament raises over $16,000 for Lee BIA Builders Care
- Secure Academic Search Engine Knobull Ranked #2 By The College Post
- LYRIC names Toni Newman as New Interim Executive Director and Jodi Schwartz as President
Moreover, for many people who travel frequently, the overall risk, even using the airlines' suspect theoretical model, can be daunting.
For example, if the risk of contracting COVID is only 1% on any given flight, the risk jumps to about 20% for anyone who flies 20 time a year, as many business people do - worse odds than when playing Russian roulette with a conventional 6-shot revolver with only one bullet. Fly biweekly, and the odds jump to almost 25%; far worst than the 17% risk in Russian roulette.
Similarly, for a family of 4 flying only 5 times a year, the risk that at least one family member will become infected - according to the suspect study - is also about 20%.
http://banzhaf.net/ jbanzhaf3ATgmail.com @profbanzhaf
- Local CEO tapped to be part of LPGA Panel
- Wanderful Releases Anti-Oppression Toolkit for Travel & Culture Creators
- Syntech Group to Prevent Unlocked MDCs in Law Enforcement with the GateKeeper Proximity Solution by Untethered Labs
- BitRouter Announces Dihedral Software Release for its ATSC3pro Receiver at NAB Show New York
- Medical Internship and Shadowing Program in London UK
- Orthopedic rehabilitation available at Wolfson Children's Specialty Center - Columbia County
- Local Author Brings Mother's Memory to Life
- Residents of Carolina Arbors Volunteer at Spring Valley Elementary School
- Bedfont virtually opens first overseas office in Austria
- Carl Gould wins Gold in the 12th Annual 2020 Golden Bridge Business and Innovation Awards®
- WeFunder Secured and Launches Crowdfunding for Emerging AI Startup
- Successful white label and grey label MT4 / MT5 turnkey business!
- OpenPath Launches Top Subscription App for Shopify
- Global Catheter Market Trends, Segment Analysis, Growth Drivers and Forecast to 2030
- GUS RUGLEY received 36 bullets, 6 in the head
- Joint Military Pitch Day Hosted by Americas Future Series
- NextFins announces the launch of the Nifty India Financials ETF
- Raytheon Technologies Sponsors Joint Military Pitch Day
- D'Hawk Shows a Visualized Awakening of the Tragic Events that Suggest It is the Last Days
- Braeden Lichti - What's Next for the Healthcare Sector?