Popular on eTradeWire
- Multi-Media Entertainment Conglomerate, ZATA Entertainment, LLC. to Bring Diversity and Inclusion to Las Vegas - 606
- Ether-1 Cryptocurrency Price Up 900% in 2021 As Demand For It's Censorship-Proof Hosting Platform Skyrockets Organizations Push Back Against Big-Tech - 567
- Small Vermont Business Owner Gets a Big Break - 533
- Indiana Roadside Markers on YouTube - 516
- 420 Enthusiasts Prepare to Celebrate Adult Use with Outdoor Shopping and Music Festival ft Hip-Hop group the Luniz - 506
- Hawaiian Airlines Reservations Cheap Tickets - 479
- Fifty States of Vodka is Now Available in Every Total Wine In Florida - 419
- Reserve early if you plan visiting State and National Parks - 389
- Beyond Times Square Launches New Logo to Embrace the Future of Luxury Travel - 380
- Lets Yangtze River Cruise Fever Commence - 347
Similar on eTradeWire
- Mounts Botanical Garden to Host 27 Informative, Healthy, Environmental Events in May
- North Fulton's award-winning farm winery has much to celebrate
- The Turfgrass Producers of Texas Launch Your Texas Lawn
- Parvati Foundation Leads Arctic Free To Save The World
- Team Tractor Ranch Makes a Major Investment in a Local Community
- Larger fleets benefit from this 400-gallon fuel trailer alternative
- PermaTherm Launches New Website
- FoodNiche® Conference Connects Food Industry Stakeholders For Thought-Provoking Conversations On Shaping A Healthier Future Of Food
- 2021 National Farmworker Awareness Week
- Mealworm Super Worm Larvae, Tenebrio Molitor Dryer
Freshford Food Pty Ltd Managing Director Hamish Sinclair was commenting after he had updated the Member for Bean, David Smith MP on the specifics of the project. "The project will encompass an initial investment of $100 million, creating over 120 jobs and potential value to the ACT economy in excess of $390 million. The Hub will consist of an intensive fish farm operated by Uarah Fisheries, supplying Murray Cod fingerlings to the NSW, ACT and Victorian Governments, and an artisan hub focusing on the smaller food/beverage manufacturers and of course the local tourism opportunities provided by experiential tourism."
More on eTradeWire News
- Dr. Nisar Hundewale joins ReFocus AI as Chief Data Officer
- Two CNN en Español Podcasts Have Been Nominated For The Latin Podcast Awards 2021
- Hundreds to Lace Up Their Shoes & Stretch Their Muscles During the Virtual Run Walk Ride for Lupus!
- Steve Muehler – Loans – Introduces "SJM Portfolio Commercial Construction Loans" Nationwide
- 227's™ YouTube Chili' #NIKE'Spicy'Tunes POP SMOKE - AP Chili'! BOOGIE Soundtrack! Spicy' NBA Mix!
"The concept is an Agri-tech Food Hub, combining agriculture and innovation with food and tourism, supplying the city with locally sourced product in a sustainable way," he said. "What surprises local stakeholders is that innovation in the South has come out of the rural area. Our hub provides an opportunity to pivot the ACT economy and capitalise on its proximity to the Hume logistics centre and the airport."
Mr Sinclair continued "The benefits the Agrifood Hub brings are primarily to the south of Canberra, in terms of food production, employment, diversification of the local economy and an alternative tourism site, along with national interests in environmental restoration of the Murray-Darling fisheries."
Mr Sinclair reiterated the project was in keeping with current ESG investment parameters, encapsulating a triple bottom line approach, with acceptable returns on equity, accretion of social capital and an environmentally sustainable project through the use of renewable energy resulting in a lower carbon footprint.
More on eTradeWire News
- Dog Doors for Glass - Pet Doors for any type of glass door now available!
- My Survivalist Essentials: Stay Prepped With Natural Disaster And Survival Gear
- National Business Consulting Firm World Class Business Advisory now accepts Dogecoin as payment
- Fluid Life Launches New Unified Condition Monitoring Vibration Data Analysis Tool
- Team Melo Prepares to Make Noise at Pitt Jam Fest
Regional Development Australia (ACT) Chief Executive Officer Michael Claessens welcomed the project and could see the long-term benefits for the region. "Canberra needs a local sustainable food buffer and projects like this one are important steps in that direction. More plentiful, nutritious and affordable food is not just good for the community but will enhance our food security as well."
- Koei • Tama | Official Website Operations Guide - (Published)
- Uncommon Investment Advisors Introduces First ETF
- Former Campbell's Soup Executive Launches Innovative Food Brand with Large-Scale Give Back Program
- 4th Annual Baton Rouge Soul Food Festival
- Urease Inhibitor Screening Kit (Colorimetric)
- SYNNEX to Offer the FileFlex Enterprise Zero Trust Data Access (ZTDA) and Sharing Platform for Microsoft Azure via its ISV Experience Program
- Surviving the Pandemic: How One Beauty Brand Decided to Re-launched the during COVD-19 epidemic
- Animal Massage for Pet Guardians
- Cleanroom Wipe Dispenser Improves Process in Labs and Cleanrooms
- Rhonda Breckenridge LICSW, CBC, Awarded National Bariatric Board Certification
- Tips To Ensure A Quality Bathroom Renovation
- Southern Ocean Chamber Recognizes National Small Business & Tourism Week May 3-7
- GamePoint Launches Platform To Offer Users Unlimited Fitness Content
- Agile World Season 2 Finale Filmed this Week
- Arkansas Americana / Roots Artist Billy Jeter to Release Long-Awaited Album "Shineye Landing"
- Yaskawa's AutoSorter XN Provides Pre- and Post-Analytic Specimen Processing
- Creatures of Comfort by E.J. Suh is on SALE
- Coolfire Recognized in the 2021 Gartner Market Guide for Workstream Collaboration
- Revive Welcomes Michelle Sanchez as Designer and Project Manager
- Dream Foundation Supports Young Terminally-ill Artist