Popular on eTradeWire
- People & Stories/Gente y Cuentos Awarded over $20,000 in Grants including Princeton Area Community Foundation 2022 Community Impact Grant
- New Water Damage Repair & Restoration Service Launched In Youngstown, OH
- JOC's Peter Tirschwell 2023 Person of the Year by NY/NJ Foreign Freight Forwarders & Brokers Assoc
- Get Doodle Videos - The Best Whiteboard Animation Software - For Only $49 This Black Friday & Cyber Week
- David & Sons Timepieces—Luxury Watches, San Diego
- New Airbnb Style Web Service For Athletes & Sports Teams
- Explore The Work Of Artist M.G. Stout During Miami Art Week At Spectrum & Red Dot Art Fairs
- TOMii Healing and Wellness Opens New Locations in San Mateo & Millbrae, California
- "Reflections" of Iconic African Americans Light the Way
- Fashiers App Announces Launch of Premium Content for Users
Similar on eTradeWire
- Rolex Cosmograph Daytona wristwatch brings $54,870 (Canadian) in Miller & Miller's Nov. 19th auction
- A Galle lamp and a Galle vase combine for $133,750 in Part 1 of Ron Blessing, held by Woody Auction
- Items signed by Mao Zedong, Jefferson, Einstein will be sold online Dec. 14th by University Archives
- Miller & Miller's December 3rd online auction will feature outstanding automobilia, signs and toys
- Mohawk Arms' Militaria Auction #88 will be held online and live in Bouckville, N.Y. on December 17th
- New Commemorative 0 Euro Banknote Celebrates Irish Free State's Centennial
- iDisplayit Release New Wall-Mounted Displays For LEGO Architecture
- Nye & Company's online-only 20th Century Machinal Delight auction will be held on Wednesday, Nov. 16
- SaltAction.com Gives Anglers The Ultimate Hookup For Saltwater Fishing Tackle
- Exquisite timepieces and fine jewelry are in Ahlers & Ogletree's online auction set for November 18
Advertising signs, petroliana, rare old vehicles do well in Miller & Miller's September 10th auction
All figures quoted are in Canadian dollars and include an 18 percent buyer's premium.
The 1899 Stanley Stanhope Model No. 1 "Locomobile", made by the Locomobile Company of America, was the auction's top lot, selling for $44,250. It was very popular and quickly became known as the "Stanley Steamer" due to its quiet but powerful two-cylinder steam engine. The literature boasted it "weighs less than 400 pounds and is odorless and noiseless when in use."
More on eTradeWire News
- Shreveport Ware Damage Restoration Launches Two New Websites
- Successful 100th Subsidiary Company Registration in India- By EzyBiz India Consulting LLP
- iPower Energy completes a residential solar installation in Menifee Lakes, CA
- Get Xanax Online - Flash Sale: Get $65 Off
- D Love: A New Brand Setting The Standard For Luxury Fashion
The 1907 REO Model A 5-passenger touring car sold within estimate for $41,300. This early and unusual vehicle was the brainchild of Ransom E. Olds (creator of the curved dash Oldsmobile). It was restored in 2006. For years the car was on proud display at Richard Bennett's Horseless Carriage Museum in Fenelon Falls, Ontario. All three top lots, in fact, came out of the museum.
The eye-catching variant and potential prototype of the 1911 Model H REO pickup truck, made by the REO Motor Truck Company in Lansing, Michigan, had been fully restored and featured signage for the merchant "Ballantine & Taby" ($35,400). Ads for the truck (also designed by R. E. Olds) claimed it could "do the work of three horse-drawn trucks at less than half the cost."
"For decades Richard Bennett added unusual items to his museum," said Ethan Miller of Miller & Miller Auctions, Ltd. "Buyers clamored to own what he collected. It was an exciting sale.
More on eTradeWire News
- Facebook Ads for Beginning Advertisers? Nope. Here's Why
- Promised Land. The trailer won a global award
- Fans Primed To Offer Deion Sanders Lucrative Deal To Stay At Jsu
- Award-Winning Artists Celebrate the Continued Success of Education Through Music-Los Angeles at their Gala on Nov 30th
- Tracking Testers for Radars & Communications Systems
Brass-era vehicles added the 'wow factor' to an auction that was packed with automobilia, steam engines, advertising and music machines. All categories were received with enthusiasm."
Mr. Miller added, "While categories in mature markets such as brass-era automobiles performed slightly beneath what we expected, gas/oil and soda advertising performed well beyond our estimates. Richard Bennett added unique and interesting items to his museum whenever the opportunity arose. His vehicles in the auction helped boost the sale's overall gross to $553,951."
To learn more about Miller & Miller Auctions, Ltd. and the firm's upcoming auctions, please visit www.millerandmillerauctions.com.
- MinkeeBlue, Philadelphia-based Black-Owned Handbag Brand, Launches in Macy's Herald Square
- The State of Business Insurance 2023: Insights and Products
- Two Donors Pledge Up To $50,000 To Support Homeless Families
- StackSource Arranges $141.5 Million Capital Stack for Historic Jefferson Arms Building Conversion
- Modern Treatise Publishes 2023 Media Kit
- Nationwide Boiler Announces Hydrogen Firing Capabilities for Existing Fleet of Rental Boilers
- Guadalupe Center receives grant from Collier Community Foundation
- Shock Exchange trio reunites, adding a harmolodic holiday jolt to Dave Bryant's "Third Thursdays"
- Michigan SEO Group Wants to Help You Optimize for Twitter
- NJ's #1 Ad Agency Offers Holiday Gift to Hometown: Free Logos for Boonton Main Street Businesses
- CMR Mechanical Wants to Share Ways to Keep Your Home Warm this Winter
- Thomas Reese Joins Unmanned Safety Institute as Head of Operations
- Mid-West Moving & Storage Presented with BBB Torch Award
- How Do I Successfully Get A Used Car Loan?
- Senior Choice at Home and Gulf Coast Village to host December Dine and Discover events
- Oomph, Inc. Recognized as an Acquia Certified Drupal Cloud Practice
- Boys & Girls Clubs, Tzu Chi Foundation partner to provide hurricane relief
- Creative Ways To Renovate Your Basement
- Ellipse Solutions to Expand to Monterrey, Mexico
- Used Grey 2018 Honda Civic Available for Sale at Our Dealership!