Popular on eTradeWire
- ForgingBlock has implemented Lightning Network and integrated more cryptocurrencies
- Could Carbonated Drinks Really Be Good For You?
- Get Help About Which Vanity Unit You Need To Add in Your Bathroom
- Get Your Kids Ready for their 1st 5K with help from the Rotary Santa Run
- All you need to know about Ozcrystal, the crystal knob online store
- Esteemed Literary Anthology Series Features the Joys of Travel
- All the Way Up podcast uses storytelling and meditation to uplift the African American community
- Local PODS® Moving & Storage to collect toy donations for those in need
- Acclaimed Author Releases Latest Book for Young Readers
- Hacking Hollywood Film Summit and Pitch Fest
Similar on eTradeWire
- Cerevo Becomes Afero's First Advanced Tier Integration Partner
- Axiom Test Equipment - Gauging Impedance with the Highest Accuracy
- NeoMetrix Technologies, Inc ends the year with exclusive new BOGO deals
- Medicine Meets Engineering: inTheSmart's (iTS) endoscopic fluorescent imaging system provides high-quality colored imaging in real-time
- VersaLogic embeds performance, security and resilience in new embedded computer
- Frosty Tech™ and Pelton Shepherd Industries Sign Deal
- Lakeside Completes Acquisition of CW Mechanical Limited in Sudbury
- Cambridge Advanced Aerospace Metal Treatment Firm Strengthens National and International Sales Team
- Best Practices for K-12 Library to Makerspace Transformations
- Qualis Corporation honored with 2019 HIRE Vets Gold Medallion Award
More on eTradeWire News
- Man Van London website refurbishment
- Art talk by South Dakota Landscape Artist Jessie Rasche at JFAC Gallery on December 10th
- SciTech to Present at Biotech Showcase 2020 in San Francisco
- Ottawa-based Business to Create Car Accident Reduction Technology
- The World's First Vegan Game Series | PlantBasedMunchies.com
In their latest work  the UCLA group has taken full advantage of the inherent parallelization capability of optics, and significantly improved the inference and generalization performance of diffractive optical neural networks, helping to close the gap between all-optical and the standard electronic neural networks. These new design strategies achieved unprecedented levels of inference accuracy for all-optical neural network based machine learning, which come close to the performance of some of the earlier generations of all-electronic deep neural networks. At the same time, the all optical neural networks have important advantages, such as the inference speed, scalability, parallelism and the low-power requirement of passive optical networks that utilize engineered matter to compute through diffraction of light.
This research was led by Dr. Aydogan Ozcan who is a Chancellor's Professor of electrical and computer engineering at UCLA, and an associate director of the California NanoSystems Institute (CNSI). The other authors of this work are graduate students Jingxi Li, Deniz Mengu and Yi Luo, as well as Dr. Yair Rivenson, an adjunct Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering at UCLA.
More on eTradeWire News
- The New Kid on The Block Shows You How To Make Money
- Garcia & Artigliere File Suit Against Lake Forest Nursing Center After Alleged Choking Incident
- Sip, Shop and Stroll First Time Event In Woodstock, Georgia
- Garcia & Artigliere File Suit Against Manor Care of Fountain Valley for Alleged Abuse
- Cat DNA Test by Basepaws Makes for the 'Purr-fect' Holiday Gift!
"Our results provide a major advancement to bring optical neural network-based low power and low-latency solutions for various machine learning applications," said Prof. Ozcan. Moreover, these systematic advances in diffractive optical network designs might bring us a step closer to the development of next generation, task-specific and intelligent computational camera systems.
This research was supported by the Koç Group, NSF and HHMI.
- Cultural Vistas Welcomes New Vice President of Digital Strategy and Technology
- Sprawling New Novel, WE OF THE FORSAKEN WORLD, Tackles Themes of Global Connection
- Stange Law Firm, PC Partners Kirk Stange and Jillian Wood Present CLE for the National Business Institute
- Revered Tiffany name creates elegant framework for Morphy's Dec. 12th Fine & Decorative Arts Auction
- The Doral Chamber of Commerce Proudly Welcomes Coldwell Banker Commercial as a Trustee Member
- The Landing, a new Contemporary American Restaurant managed by ICON Management, opens in Millsboro
- Boston PD Completes OSCR360 Crime Scene Investigation Training
- QuiAri Promotes Brad Stewart To Director Of Field Development
- Wireless Medical Device Representative STARK Industries LLC Seeks Innovative Cardio Heart Health Monitoring Technologies
- Information Wanted to Identify Subjects
- Execulink Telecom to Bring Fibre Network to Tillsonburg
- 75% CBD Directly Compressible Granulates to Transform CBD Oral Solid Dosage Systems
- Gassy Tanks Launches as the Top Choice for UST Certification Training for Employees
- Regent Surgical Health Announces Partnership in Tennessee
- 70 Members Of Ibew Local 332 Build First "renewable" Tree For Christmas In The Park
- Why do I need a contract review?
- Peerless-AV® Joins the Baseball Trade Show During the MiLB Winter Meeting 2019
- Welcome Mackenzie Carlin to Wisco Hotel Group
- Stephen King Mystery Box Available on DarkRegions.com for a Limited-Time Only!
- Armsons Appointed Quantity Surveyors for the Development of New Brewery