Popular on eTradeWire
- Nike Releases "uprising" A Haitian Revolution Inspired Limited Edition Sneaker 451
- Beacon People Solutions Releases HIDDEN TALENTS by Maryanne DiMarzo and Amy Acker
- NeoMagic (R) Corporation eCommerce Division MercadoMagico.com Welcomes Prime 6
- Dr. Deborah Tannen to Keynote "Empowered Women, Empower Men & Women" on Dec. 5 in San Francisco
- WomanUP! Empowers the Next Generation of Real Estate Leaders
- Prince Crowe Signs With Tcb Records
- Anchorage Entrepreneur, Molly Bz, Selected as Forbes Top 150 Startups 2019, launches cookie business with worldwide distributor, Sysco Distributing
- Ty Cohen Net Worth and Review of Kindle Cash Flow - I am NOT an affiliate
- Tony Goldwyn, Maria Shriver, and more Named Honorees for 2019 Television Industry Advocacy Awards
- Diversity News Magazine Founded by Steven Escobar Has A New Home
Similar on eTradeWire
- Get Your Kids Ready for their 1st 5K with help from the Rotary Santa Run
- Impact of early childhood trauma theme of Buhl Regional Health Foundation's fall forum at Thiel College
- Free worldwide Sound Healing and Guided Meditation "Third Ear" App Now Offers Veterans, Active Duty Soldiers, and Refugees 24/7 Help with PTSD
- K-Child Toys: The Premium Toys & Activities That Enhance Your Child's Education
- Caring for Aging Parents: How to Keep Expenses Low
- New Book, Wings Not Strings, Empowers Parents To Let Go With Confidence
- Mark Cuban Invests $250k in Matching Dog + People Clothing Business — Dog Threads
- 6 Easy Ways to Change a Health Insurance Plan
- Jacksonville International Film Festival Includes Short Doc of Native Fallen Vietnam Hero U.S. Army Sp5 Wyley Wright Jr
- The Volleyball School partners with DJonkins Sports to provide unbeatable volleyball training
Jody Colt is an active adoptive and resource parent from the Santa Ynez Valley. She is a strong advocate for community services and has led the effort for Trust-Based Relational Intervention (TBRI) to become a lead trauma informed paradigm in Santa Barbara County.
Colt became certified as a resource parent through Angels Foster Care Santa Barbara, in 2011 with the help of Our County. Our Kids; a program of the Santa Barbara County Department of Social Services and has helped foster four children in care, including one kinship care, as well as three adoptions.
In addition to recognizing the wonderful efforts of amazing local foster parents, the resolution is part of an opportunity to raise awareness about the challenges children in the foster-care system face, and to encourage Congress to implement policy to improve the lives of foster children.
More on eTradeWire News
- aThing™ / aThing.io™ unveils Modular Electronics
- Coral Springs Center for the Arts to Present Peppa Pig's Adventure! Friday, May 15, at 6 pm
- Queen Palm Intl Film Festival Announces Winter Screening Lineup with Oscar Shortlisted Films
- MUNITIONS EXPRESS To Launch Massive Ammunition Retail Site Online in the U.S. on November 25th
- How to Ensure a Successful Open Enrollment Season
"Jody is a tireless advocate for children in foster care and the families that love them. She has been instrumental in the effort to make TBRI available to families in Santa Barbara County," said Gustavo Prado, Our County. Our Kids. Department Specialist at Santa Barbara County Department of Social Services.
For more information about foster care and adoption in Santa Barbara County, visit http://ourcountyourkids.org/.
What: Resolution for Adoption Month
When: Tuesday, November 19th at 9 a.m.
Where: Joseph Centeno Betteravia Government Administration Building, Board Hearing Room,
511 Lakeside Parkway, Santa Maria, CA 93455
About Our County. Our Kids
Our County. Our Kids is a program of the Santa Barbara County Department of Social Services (SBC DSS). It is the SBC DSS resource family recruitment, retention, and support program. Visit www.ourcountyourkids.org/ for more information.
- RV Advisor Eager to Get Word Out With "Why Do We Need Associations?" Q&A
- Wisdom House Books Release Spanish Children's Book, La última zanahoria de Jared, by Sara Devine
- Darrenkamp Named General Manager Of Gr Mitchell
- Mark Spain Real Estate Included in UGA Alumni Association's Bulldog 100 List
- 5 Types of Commercial Insurance: Which Does Your Business Need?
- The Godfrey Hotel & Cabanas to Host Thanksgiving Day Feast
- MyUS.com Donates Over $42,400 to Support Hurricane Dorian Relief Efforts in Bahamas
- South Florida International Fashion Week Announces Its Fifth Iteration Coming March 2020
- 15 Ways to Get Discounts on Car Insurance
- Announcing Diamond Cote™ from Get A Grip Resurfacing
- Fennemore Craig's Kristi Lundstrom Hill Named Vice President of Marketing for the Western Pensions and Benefits Council
- Sleepy Bee Worx, LLC Debutes New Products and New Website
- The Doral Chamber of Commerce Proudly Welcomes Back Munar Law as a Gold Member
- The Chatman Women's Foundation Gives Financial Support to Local Women
- Belsito for Congress Campaign Offically launches
- Heritage Auctions and hobbyDB to Bring Vast Collecting Archives to the Masses
- Fujisan Mishima Tokyu Hotel to Open by Mt. Fuji in June 2020 ... Reservations Being Accepted from December 3, 2019!
- A&L Motor Sales Becomes the Only Local Dealer-Owned Certified Collision Center for BMW, Land Rover and Jaguar
- Ogden Family Foundation Sponsors 6th Annual Adopt-A-Family Fundraiser and Event for Needy Familie
- Fullerton Residents Receive World Kindness Day Honors