Popular on eTradeWire
- HAIT Releases "I Wish I Could Hate You" Official Video
- Fifty States of Vodka is Now Available in Every Total Wine In Florida
- Orchard Audio Introduces Starkrimson® Stereo Ultra: a 500W Stereo Gallium Nitride (GaN) Hi-Fi Audio Amplifier
- DivcoWest completes purchase of 325 Hudson Street
- App & Website Aggregating Over $154 Million In Nationwide Vaccine Incentives, From BME Nonprofit
- Black Wall Street Anniversary inspires Dewayne Bryant & Candra Bryant to Build 40 home subdivision
- Modular Wall Systems Offer a Fast and Flexible Solution for Interiors
- SOLMIMI Releases New Audio Adapter Headphone Splitter In 2021
- The South Florida International Film Festival Awards Show for May 2021 Celebrated Filmmakers and Screenwriters
- New M/M Romance - A Young Man's Fancy from Boroughs Publishing Group
Similar on eTradeWire
- Inropa leverages Microsoft ToF technology and AI for on-the-fly programming of painting robots
- Permian Museum Adds 20 more Speculative Evolution Fossils
- Faster holographic imaging using recurrent neural networks
- WiseTribe Awarded $50,000 Grant From Impact 100 Men of Palm Beach County
- Rare scientific manuscript penned by Sir Isaac Newton brings $118,750 in University Archives auction
- SafeBreak® Vascular Cleared by FDA
- Arizona Technology Council Applauds Proposed Arizona Fiscal Year 2022 Budget
- Institute honors industrial engineers, features Apple's CEO Tim Cook at Q&A forum
- SomnoMed Kicks Off Industry-Wide Initiative To Treat "More OSA Patients More Successfully"
- Addgene Receives NIH BRAIN Initiative Grant to Create Open-Access Recombinant Antibody Resource
"Over her 10 years of excellent service, Joanne has grown Addgene while fostering an inclusive culture," said David Root, Ph.D., chair of the Addgene Board of Directors. "We deeply appreciate Joanne's leadership of Addgene and her many accomplishments in bringing the organization to where we are today, and we wish her the very best in her future endeavors."
"We want to thank Joanne for her many years of leadership of Addgene. It is difficult to articulate how much Joanne accomplished during her tenure, from bringing Addgene from a 20 person company to a 100 person company, to overseeing the distribution of over 1 million materials, to creating a fantastic place to work, even during a pandemic and as recognized countless times by the Boston Globe and others," said cofounder and Chief Scientific Officer Melina Fan, Ph.D. "Addgene will continue to fulfill our mission of scientific sharing, building our existing and new services, and maintaining the work culture that our team members love. We look forward to the next 10 years of growth and innovation at Addgene as we work to create solutions for our scientific community."
More on eTradeWire News
- The DiSTI Corporation Launches Newly Redesigned Website
- Breath Assured Heat Pump Cleaning in Halifax NS
- Work 365 announces integration with Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central for subscription billing and invoicing
- 8th Annual American Reality Television Awards – Presenters & Appearances
- Keto Recipes - Find the Best Recipes for your next meal or snack!
"It's been a fantastic decade of growth for Addgene and I'm so proud of the work we have accomplished, "said Joanne Kamens. "The Addgenies form the highest performing team I will likely ever work with so I know Addgene is poised to make an even bigger impact on the mission to accelerate science. I can't wait to watch how that goes!"
With Joanne's departure, Daniela Bourges-Waldegg, Ph.D., the Chief Technology Officer, will serve as Addgene's interim Executive Director. She will be supported by Melina Fan and Andy Baltus, Ph.D., Addgene's Chief Operating Officer. The Board of Directors and Addgene leadership have initiated a search for a new Executive Director for Addgene.
Addgene is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization dedicated to facilitating scientific discoveries by operating a plasmid library for researchers. Addgene's collection contains 100,000 plasmids contributed by 4,600 research labs from around the world. Addgene also provides more than 600 ready-to-use AAV and lentivirus preparations of commonly requested plasmids as a service to scientists - saving them time and providing thorough quality control. Nearly 1.5 million plasmids have been distributed to 106 countries by Addgene - with over 750 item requests being fulfilled each day. By authenticating, storing, archiving, and distributing plasmids, virus, and their associated data, Addgene is creating a lasting resource for research and discovery scientists around the world.
More on eTradeWire News
- State Credit Union Now Including Financing for Charging Stations with Electric Vehicle Car Loans
- Baby Santiago Debuts in New York City PimComedy
- Hear from Industry Experts at the 2nd annual Wearable Injectors and Connected Devices Conference
- Landmark multiple myeloma study completes enrolment and method development
- Babergh and Mid Suffolk District Councils move to cloud GIS
For more information, please visit https://www.addgene.org/.
- Former Dallas Cowboys All-Star Greg Ellis' Production 'Juneteenth the Play' Set to Air Today on ABC
- INTANGIBLES Opens at the Hillsborough Gallery of Arts
- Famu Alumni Awarded Funds To Help Hbcu Athletes Monetize Their Nil
- When Churchyards Yawn - Hamlet In Purgatory
- Alginate Lyase (High Specific Activity)
- Vitamin D Binding Protein (Highly Pure)
- Oakland Juneteenth Happening Today with Broadcaster Kevin "Cuz Kev" Brown @ Pandemic Food Give Away
- Please sign the petition today!
- NCIHC Publishes a New Paper on Advocacy in Interpreting in Health Care!
- Beat Deep Books soon to release, "Mississippi 2 Hollywood," by Nick Payne
- RR Mergers Announces Metro East Industries acquisition of Locomotive Mobile Repair Company - Midwest
- Judge Upholds Florida Unvaccinated-Protection Law - As Predicted
- The Tracy Piper's "Worthy" Book Signing & Release Party
- UNice Hair App Is On The Rise And Expected To Thrive
- Diversity Empowerment Virtual Workshop!
- Nelson Leasing Earns Prestigious Presidential Award
- Hazard Powder Explodes Once Again
- Catilicious: A New Online Store for Premium Cat Supplies for Your Pet
- Grumpy's Lighting: A New Online Store for Practical and Stylish Lighting
- Outdoor Cooking Products: A New Online Store Focusing on Outdoor Cooking Supplies