Popular on eTradeWire
- Cummings Graduate Institute Celebrates New Doctor of Behavioral Health Graduates - 277
- 90% Of Learning In The Workplace Happens On The Job - 246
- Stonehurst Place hosts service members this 2021 Remembrance Day (UK & Canada) and Veteran's Day (USA) amidst newly published WWI history - 229
- Ashikaga Flower Park Celebrates 20 Years of Spectacular Seasonal Light-Ups - 215
- Club Nine Pets Launches Limited-Edition 2022 Collection for Indulgent Dogs and Pet Parents - 202
- Washing Machine Hoses: Water damage restoration may Happen - 174
- UNice Hair Drops The Best And Biggest Black Friday Deals 2021 - 151
- Are Rental and Sales Prices Contracting Or Will Demand Keep Prices Skyrocketing? - 139
- Teen Sensations Glam Squad Releases "Drippin'" feat. King Harris - 131
- The UK Clothing Brand That Is Growing Out Of Of Lock Down - 126
Similar on eTradeWire
- Knobull Support And Technology Can Significantly Improve College Graduation Rates
- Academic Search Engine Knobull Launches A Program That Improves Graduation Rates
- How can I talk to a live person at Facebook?
- How do I ask a question to Facebook?
- IaaS Tech Company StrongNode.io and Social Impact Gaming Ecosystem Original Gamer Life Name OIG Oracles Investment Group as Key Partner
- StrongNode.io Connects with Block0 for Strategic Partnership in Building the Future of Digital Connectivity
- EA Sports and Activision Former VP Kim Salzer Steps in as CMO for NFT Gaming Social Impact Ecosystem Original Gamer Life
- Academic Search Engine Knobull Helps Build A Collaborative Culture
- Academic Search Engine Knobull Builds A Continuous Career Building Program
- What are the steps to access Facebook Business Suite
In a September 2018 interview with the Wall Street Journal, Bill Gates noted that Jobs always had a natural talent for capturing an audience, even while pitching an underwhelming product.
Jobs died nine months into Meg Whitman's seven-year tenure as CEO of Hewlett Packard — but clearly left a mark on Whitman's leadership philosophy. Less than a year later, Whitman told the Wall Street Journal that she'd be "taking a cue from Apple."
"I don't think we [have] kept up with the innovation," Whitman said. "The whole market has moved to something that is more beautiful…Apple taught us that design really matters."
Jony Ive said, "He was without doubt the most inquisitive human I have ever met." Ive wrote in the Wall Street Journal: "His insatiable curiosity was not limited or distracted by his knowledge or expertise, nor was it casual or passive. It was ferocious, energetic and restless. His curiosity was practiced with intention and rigor."
More on eTradeWire News
- Jaclyn Cowart Joins RE/MAX Alliance Group
- Romantic Beauty Cosmetics To Launch Diverse New Collection At The Most Competitive Price
- New TR75A Thermocouple Temperature Loggers from T&D
- New Film Shines Light on Squaw Valley & Disney's Collab with 1960 Olympics
- Teaching With Simplicity Expands Resources For Math And English Language Arts Lessons
Elon Musk, who is sometimes compared to Jobs for his moonshot visions of the future, said in a 2018 interview, he long admired Jobs. His ability to grow Apple by attracting top talent and earn employee loyalty is something Musk said he tries to do at Tesla.
"The ability to have a vision for the future is critical to the success of amy company," Musk explained.
Bob Iger said, "Steve Jobs was an extraordinary visionary, our very dear friend and the guiding light of the Pixar family," Iger said in a 2011 statement after Jobs death. "He saw the potential of what Pixar could be before the rest of us, and beyond what anyone ever imagined."
In a 2019 Vanity Fair article, Iger remembered watching Jobs make the pitch to Disney's board for the acquisition of Pixar. "It's hard to imagine a better salesman for something this ambitious," Iger said. "He talked about the need for big companies to take big risks. He talked about where Disney had been and what it needed to do to radically change course. [...] For the first time, watching him speak, I felt optimistic that it might happen."
Bentley concluded, "Public speaking, focus on product design, active curiosity, vision and salesmanship are skills that can greatly boost professional success. We encourage the students who use our support to develop these critical skills that should improve their chances to achieve their long term career goals!"
- My Hidden Crypto Gem: The Defi DAO Fund
- Hoffman & Associates Announces its Newest Associate
- Maní, in State of Yucatán, Named a 'Best Tourism Village' at UNWTO General Assembly
- Holabird's December Dreams: Premier Americana Auction will be held Dec. 17-19, online and in Reno
- Planejunkie.com announces a New Aviation Book & Print Portfolio by Keith Burns
- Garden City Realty recognizes its top agents of the month
- Annuity.com Endorses Brad Rhodes' New Book Protecting Your Retirement
- TruAmerica Multifamily Closes Debut Workforce Housing Fund Oversubscribed at $575 Million
- Learn Mutual Fund Investing As a Beginner with this New Book
- 6 Common Commercial Construction Projects
- Democrat Ángel Luis Vega declares Candidacy for Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts
- New Criminal Complaint Filed in Oxford High Shooting
- Work 365 announces integration with ConnectWise for subscription billing and invoicing
- Toll Brothers at Montaine Offers Two Move-in Ready Homes
- Max Tucci auctions off Delmonico's Restaurant Memorabilia on HGTVs Everything But The House
- Wyplay and Hoppr create targeted advertisement solutions with new monetization opportunities for TV operators
- Country By Choice: Premium Country And Rustic Styled Decorations For Your Home
- Mojo Pet Love: Give Your Pets The Love And Care They Deserve
- From Outer Space To The Big Easy: William Shatner Lands At Fan Expo New Orleans, January 7-8, 2022
- Gaviota Products: Give Your Home The Look And Style You Want