Popular on eTradeWire
- Khoja Consultants facing corporate espionage - 273
- Female Founders Pitch Summit Commits To Fund More Women-Led Companies - 216
- Titan Funding Solutions – Competitive Financial Options for Business Development - 209
- Words fly off the page as learning goes through the roof for Kindergarten - 205
- Judge Orders End to Detaining Immigrant Children in Hotels - 183
- Proudfoot & Savigent Introduce Operational Resiliency Excellence - 181
- Calling all artisans: New platform introduces low-fee marketplace for independent artists - 160
- Global Ingredient Solutions Welcomes Richard Hersey as VP of Sales - 143
- Ancient Astronauts - Releasing This Week On DVD & VOD
- CrittEar Unveils Calm, Dog Earplugs
Similar on eTradeWire
- Iroquois Nationals Establish a Nonprofit
- Gwinnett Clean & Beautiful Motivates Public to Help Neighbors During Great Days of Service 2020
- Amore Transitional Group, Inc. re-launches in southwest Atlanta
- National Minority Health Assn. Appoints Health Tech Executive to Board
- Enquizit Incorporated Ranks No. 2339 on the 2020 Inc. 5000
- Feature Florida Partnerships launches "Create it Here!"
- LOLA & Panoramic Voices Present Encore Performance of Purcell's Dido and Aeneas
- Brookside Equity Partners Makes Minority Investment in Advanced Solutions International (ASI)
- Professional Background Screening Association Announces 2020-21 Board and Council Leadership
- Flagler Beach, Bunnell and Flagler County Rotary Clubs Recognize World Polio Day with Proclamations
"Our city is hurting and people want to DO something after they read the headlines, and the Race Against Gun Violence provides that opportunity -- something they can contribute to and support."
In the context of escalating gun violence, combined with the challenges posed by Covid-19, the 2020 Race Against Gun Violence celebrates hope: it presents a one-of-a-kind opportunity for people to get involved and support the life-changing work happening throughout Chicago every day. This year, more than 50 nonprofit organizations are participants in, and beneficiaries of, 100% of all donations raised via the Race Against Gun Violence online platform.
"While we're not able to gather together in Grant Park this year, we're more committed than ever to connecting Chicagoans to our city's amazing community organizations through an online, Interactive Map, as well as a multi-faceted social media campaign including Choose Hope organization spotlights, Why I Run personal profiles, RAGV2020 fitness challenge films/videos" explains Strides for Peace Executive Director, Mary Stonor Saunders.
More on eTradeWire News
- Vegan Hemp Gummies Launched in CBD Dropshipping Program
- SMARTFormulator Enhances the SMARTERP - A Revolutionary Manufacturing Focused Software for Sma
- A Thousand Ways to Save Energy - And $$$$
- Real Estate Opportunities From Scranton To Miami
- Secure Research Engine Streamlines Academic Efforts
Strides for Peace has convened a broad range of stakeholders to serve as Civic Partners in the race, including Senator Durbin, Mayor Lightfoot, Chicagoland Chamber of Commerce, the UChicago Crime Lab, Chicago Police Department and the Wu-Tang Foundation among others.
"We believe we all have a stake in ending gun violence, and that, especially now, there is a wellspring of goodwill, and a desire to help. We're committed to doing everything we can to harness that energy to build support for community organizations throughout Chicago," stated Mary Stonor Saunders.
This year's event benefits the following nonprofit groups, our "community first responders:" Advocate Trauma Recovery Center, After School Matters Inc., The ARK of St. Sabina, Automotive Mentoring Group, The BASE Chicago, BrightStar Community Outreach, BUILD, Catholic Charities, CHAMPS Mentoring Program, Chicago Adventure Therapy, Chicago Alliance Against Sexual Exploitation, Chicago Police Memorial Foundation, Chicago Run, Chicago Survivors, Chi-Town GVP Summit, Christ the King Jesuit College Preparatory School, ConTextos, Everytown Survivor Network, Example Setters, Friends of Northside College Prep, Friends of Kenwood Academy, Friends of Whitney Young, Gary Comer Youth Center, Guitars Over Guns Organization, Healing Hurt People, HelloBaby, I Grow Chicago, Intonation Music, Kids Off the Block, The Kindness Campaign, M.A.S.S. (Mothers Against Street Shootings), Metropolitan Family Services, Neighbor to Neighbor Literacy Project, NeighborScapes, New Community Outreach, New Life Centers, NOBLE - National Black Law Enforcement Executives, Open Books, Paving the Way, PeaceCall, PepRally Takeover, Pride ROC, Purpose Over Pain, READI Chicago: A Heartland Alliance Project, Save Money Save Life, Strengthening Chicago's Youth, Target Area Development Corp, Timothy Community Corporation, West Town Bikes, Work Foundation and Youth Guidance.
More on eTradeWire News
- TVS Hollywood History Network Revisits World War II With Action Combat Programming on Watch Your.TV
- Philadelphia Equity Transaction Closes to fund 6 High End Apartments in University City
- Tree Transplanting Company Helps Resolve Neighborhood Conflict
- Final Week of ChowderMonth Brings More To the Table
- Local Author to Discuss New Mystery Novel
The Virtual Race Against Gun Violence offers 8k and 5k races, a 2-mile walk and a Tots for Peace Sprint, which participants are invited to complete anywhere, anytime during race week September 19-26. All race packets including tech racing shirts, bib, medal and more are mailed to each registrant. With opportunities for all ages and fitness levels to participate, the event provides a platform for people who want to build a Chicago free from the fear of gun violence to connect and get involved. All participants can elect to donate to or engage in peer-to-peer fundraising directly on behalf of any of the nonprofit organizations listed above.
About Strides for Peace: Founded in 2014, Strides for Peace is a registered 501(3)(c) that envisions a Chicago where all can thrive and live free of the fear of gun violence. Our mission is to increase the collective impact of community organizations working to end gun violence, save lives and build a stronger Chicago.
Mary Stonor Saunders, Executive Director
- White House Threatens FDA Over Vaccine; Black MDs Resist
- How Fanola no Orange Mask Effectively Nourishes Your Hair | Stabeto
- New Jewellery Brand that Takes Inspiration from the 20th Century Modern Movement
- DonnaInk Publications, Beat Deep Books Imprint, "Faces of Rap Mothers - Book Two" - correction
- Celebrating National Pancake Day with Craig Carlson
- EP Release Inspired by One Woman's Story Rallying for Necessities at War Times
- Become an "Agent of Healing" in Your Community
- Laughingcleaver Imprint releases, "Quarantina," by comedic humorist Wayne Tatum
- San Mateo Serviced Apartment Leader Key Housing Announces Featured Apartment Community
- Owner of Criminal Defense Lawfirm in Hayward, CA releases video for Small Business Owners
- Palm Beach Business Lawyer Blog publishes new post
- New BrainTrain TNT Reading System includes Neurofeedback
- The Real Business Team - Building Black Wealth
- Bling Galore Paparazzi Jewelry Parties are here to stay!
- Identity: The Podcast COVID Consumption: An Overview featuring Tochi
- Items in Your Home That You Should Not Forget to Clean
- Streamed Lecture: Women in Italy, women composers in the 18th Century, and Maria Teresa Agnesi
- TRENIQUES: Jasmine Metivier talks modeling
- Panel Built Structures Create a Series of Temperature Screening Solutions
- PYNKTALKS Welcomes Rachel Richardson Entertainment Stylist