Popular on eTradeWire
- PSA - January 2nd - 20th Anniversary of National Motivation & Inspiration Day® - 493
- TVS Select Network Showcases Undercover Jetsetter Marathon in 2022 on WatchYour.TV Platform - 373
- Agile World Announces 501(c)(3) Nonprofit Status as Philanthropic Public Charity - 301
- Edge Computing Tech Company StrongNode.io and Multiverse Gaming Hub Original Gamer Life Ink Partnership with Investment Firm Ghost Capital - 215
- Sage Names Alta Vista Technology a "Sage Intacct Growth Partner of the Year" - 211
- Latino Leaders Network to Honor San Antonio Mayor Ron Nirenberg with the Antonio Villaraigosa Leadership Award at the 35th Tribute to Mayors - 185
- The rise of vacation rentals in Emerald Coast, Florida over traditional hotels - 170
- Ryan Lawn & Tree merges with CM's Outdoor Solutions Group of Omaha, NE - 167
- Tulsa Recycling Professional Robert Pickens Honored with Lifetime Achievement Award - 163
- Eco-Friendly Legacy Builder Wendy Turner Miller Upends the Waste and Recycling Business with Superior Innovative Solutions, LLC - 135
Similar on eTradeWire
- Gallery Particulier loans artworks to people
- Media Darling Principal Lakeasha Williams announces children's book for young girls of color
- Lynn Agnew Joins Fred Astaire Dance Studios of Middletown
- Unnamed Road Gallery Los Angeles Presents Hikaru Hayakawa in Mapping the Dragons
- Blue Heart Records Signs Bobby Gentilo
- Dranoff 2 Piano brings together Moscow's renowned soloists in "2 Pianos from Russia with Love"
- CARBONELL AWARDS: Deadline to Apply for Jack Zink Memorial Scholarship is February 7
- The Schmidt Boca Raton History Museum Welcomes First Responder Fans to Family Day Celebration
- Neue Auctions' online-only Winter Fine Antiques & Art auction on Feb. 19 has over 300 curated lots
- Unnamed Road Gallery Los Angeles Presents Gayle Friedman in Mapping the Dragons
The curated auction is from the personal collection of Robert and Susan Doyle of Fishkill, N.Y., dedicated collectors of the first American School of Art that later became known as the Hudson River School, in upstate New York. All the paintings are original works and nearly all have been professionally cleaned and conserved. Every painting would be a worthy addition to a collection.
More on eTradeWire News
- Jeff Bezos and Digital Wealth!
- Kitchener Boxers Fight Through Covid
- Snell & Wilmer Las Vegas Partner Mandy S. Shavinsky Honored with Vegas Inc's C-Suite Honors for 2022
- The City Tutors Partners with Bloomberg LP to Deliver Free Professional Mentorship
- Jason Baker Joins RE/MAX Platinum Realty
The Hudson River School consisted of mid-19th century "Nature Painters" who found spirituality in nature. These adventuresome artists hiked to see impressive views. They sketched and did studies in the field to bring back to their studios and create finished paintings. In doing so, these artists celebrated and depicted the pristine magnificence of the American landscape of the period.
The Hudson River served as the main route of travel to the best places; it also provided the best subject matter. New York City, with the National Academy of Design, was at the center of the American art world in the 19th century. Now, seasoned collectors, as well as novices to the genre, can experience the beauty, tranquility and grandness of nature from the palettes of these artists.
Lot 1, by Thomas Benjamin Pope (1834-1891), is an oil on canvas titled View from West Point and is a classic Hudson River School depiction, of a cadet couple looking north toward Pollepel Island and the Northgate to the Highlands. The view has Storm King Mountain on the left and Breakneck Mountain on the right. The work is 12 inches by 22 inches (sight, minus the frame).
More on eTradeWire News
- ENERGY STAR Certified Servers with Intel Xeon Processors
- Award-winning Canadian author Roslyn Franken speaks at UN World Interfaith Harmony Week Event
- Anthony Cetrangelo Elected Stockholder at Henderson Franklin
- Fiery Seahorse Productions To Present 2022 Reading of Ye-Xian: The Chinese Cinderella
- Real Boss Women Marks Launch of "Little Black Dress" of Female Leadership Groups
Previews are available online 24 hours a day, or in person by appointment only (and only to registered bidders), from Feb 2-16 in Fishkill, N.Y. To schedule an in-person preview, you may call Absolute Auction & Realty at (800) 243-0061 or (845) 635-3169; or, you can send an email to info@AARauctions.com. A 15 percent buyer's premium will be applied to all purchases.
For more information, visit www.AARauctions.com. Updates are posted often.
- Carolina Core Wellness Showcases New Community to Health and Wellness Professionals in the heart of
- Older Youth in Care Thrive with Support from Local Families
- A Fabulous Shopping Experience
- Sunknowledge- A Present Day Solution for Covid Billing and its Challenges
- J-Rob Releases His Music Video, "God's Got Me ft. LeeLee"
- Kaplan Morrell Attorneys at Law Announces New Partner
- Legacy Completes Construction of New Tennis Facility in Cape Cod
- Cinema St. Louis to Receive 100K Grant from NEA as part of American Rescue Plan
- Home Helpers of Greater Milwaukee Requires All Staff to Get Vaccinated
- Otteson Shapiro Welcomes Attorney Madison Berberet
- Three Friends Bring Three Types of Healthcare Experience to New Home Helpers Home Care Franchise
- Think Systems Announces Promotions and a New Hire Amid Robust Growth
- Daniel Renner Joins Affinity Law Group, LLC
- KB & the Backbeat "Don't Call Me Ruby" EP Release
- Front Edge Publishing Releases "Thirty Days With America's High School Coaches"
- James Stephens Elementary offering personal tours on Feb. 9
- Spending On Prescription Drugs Grew Reports Medicare Insurance Association
- Announcing PLM Road Map & PDT North America 2022
- Philadelphia Area Orthodontist Accepting New Patients
- Is There Really An Emperor Of The Omniverse Like The Character In Star Wars?