Popular on eTradeWire
- Several UK Mortgage businesses have now successfully franchised their operations 473
- Bedfont adds 2 new respiratory specialists to its NObreath® Medical Advisory Board 127
- Academia.edu Picks Marshall Barnes Paper, 'Killing Closed Time-Like Curves', for Special Promotion 124
- South Coast Improvement, Co. wins renovation project at Sunrise Senior Living
- Roofers On Demand Best Roofers
- Lapels Dry Cleaning annual clothing drive to benefit Big Brother Big Sister Foundation
- Jet Direct Mortgage Opens New Branch Office In Wilmington, North Carolina
- MommaWork Offers Free Breastfeeding Support to LGBTQ Families
- PhyberTech: A multi-faceted tech firm founded by tech prodigy Pratik KC
- Executive Order Might Get Citizenship Question Back On Census
Similar on eTradeWire
- Small Clothing Brand Evokes Nostalgia with Vintage Style Dresses
- Lila Nikole Swim Week Event Recap
- Could There Be Competition on the Horizon for Nike in the Near Future?
- Sustainable Outdoor Apparel Startup Livsn Doubles Kickstarter Goal In 6 Hours
- KICKSTARTER CAMPAIGN ANNOUNCED FOR SCULPTURA® - World's First Patented Figure Enhancing Miracle Dress
- Djamee Debuts His StuddedSpikes SS 2019 Merch With A Bang
- America's Top Dog Model Launches New Reality Competition Series
- Valeri Bridal: Designer Spotlight
- GLO Science Debuts Next Generation Bluetooth-Enabled Teeth Whitening Device, GLO Lit
- 55 Asset Network Launches Tokenized Collectible Trading
So, how can we make purchases that satisfy our desire for something new and also be mindful of how their disposal impacts the Eco-system? Garment Saver, a clothing care company, offers 5 planet-friendly things to keep in mind on that next fun, fashion shopping trip.
1. Choose sustainable or Eco-friendly fabrics
Generally, natural fabrics like organic cotton, linen (made from plants) and wool are a few bio-degradable options.
2. Opt for fabrics that need colder wash & can be hung dry
Items that can be laundered in cooler or cold water means the washing machine uses less energy (and has less carbon emission) than washing in hot water. The same goes for the ability to hang dry items, which uses less energy than tumble drying.
More on eTradeWire News
- TEEF! Donates $1,000 to Humane Society
- Discover Canada Rally in Support of SickKids Foundation
- Groundbreaking New App Revolutionizes Millennial Travel
- A+ Editing Website Shutting Down for Maintenance in July
- Cultural Council of Palm Beach County Announces 15th Annual Season of CULTURE & COCKTAILS
3. Think "Can I spot clean this?"
Most washable garments can be easily spot cleaned. So, items need not be thrown into the wash basket at the first stain. A quick treatment spray and area rinse will keep it in rotation for wear, before a full cycle wash is needed.
4. Minimize discards by rethinking shopping decisions
That trendy color or fast-fashion garment looks great! But will it work for long term needs, or hold up through multiple washings? Consider investing more shopping dollars in higher quality garments versus lots of cheaper, "disposable" items.
5. Treat new purchases like there is a plan to re-sell or recycle them
Resale websites are very popular right now. That is a good thing! Simple practices can keep wardrobe items (even fast fashion clothing) at peak or near peak appearance during wear. This can enhance their value at donation or re-selling time and minimize the chance of them ending up in landfills. Maintenance includes proper cleaning, using correct storage methods, pest control, etc.
More on eTradeWire News
- New Release! Relationships 7 by Piers Anthony is now available from Dreaming Big Publications!
- Intelliloan Named LendingTree Top Ten Lender For Q2 2019
- Dave Goodrich 3D Trio Plays in Culpeper, VA
- Announcing Anonymous Email Address: ANONYMOUSEMAILADDRESS.COM
- Georgia Coalition for the Peoples' Agenda Statement on President Trump's Racist Attacks Against Four Congresswomen
"Keeping these 5 simple things in mind on wardrobe shopping trips," says Sheryll Fraze, owner of Garment Saver, "Will hopefully help to strike a balance between the desire for refreshing our wardrobe and the need to be more Eco-responsible."
About Garment Saver
Garment Saver offers stylish solutions to make organizing and caring for your wardrobes easy. This includes clothing guards, specialty garment bags and modern pinafores for children. They also offer helpful tips on wardrobe care. Please visit them at http://www.garmentsaver.com.
- AtlasFAI Welcomes Additional Offices in Arizona!
- ACE1 Colorimetric Activity Assay Kit
- Tiger Fuel supports Chesapeake Bay conservation efforts at ten car wash locations
- It's a Publicity Palooza! AuthorYOU Mini-Extravaganza!
- Estate & Asset Protection Law Firm Founder Victoria L Collier On Protecting Digital Assets
- Follow Alice, A Girl Determined To Protect Her Body, Her Future, and Her Heart in "Wasted Pretty"
- A Hurricane Unleashes A Monstrosity From The Past In "The Breach" by Author Edward J. McFadden III
- Sales, Discounts, and Rewards with Passfeed
- ExcelRT Builder 2.0 Allows Spreadsheet Author to Become App Developer
- Nick Cabrera Joins RE/MAX Platinum Realty
- AVAIlL Adds Integration with McNeel's Rhino Modeler
- YINCAE Advanced Materials, LLC. Proudly Announces ISO 9001:2015 Certification
- OKay Network Releases New Billing/Support Platform
- The Waste Land on Earth? An Innovative Exhibition opening
- THE COPELAND KIDS by Cecilia Copeland wins Queen Supreme Best Feature Script at The Queen Palm Int. Film Festival Annual Screening and Awards
- Joe Romas Joins Mequon, Wis., Office of Ameriprise Financial
- Learn More About Our Medical Exterior Design
- Gateway Community Outreach tops Our City Media Readers' Choice voting for Charity Community Service
- Monitoring Temperature for Industrial Heat Treating Ovens
- Sperling Dermatology Celebrates 3- Year Anniversary and Jersey Shore Location Grand Opening