Popular on eTradeWire
- Ready to Rock the new single Streams over 5 Million on SoundCloud! 133
- Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi looks refreshed 112
- 20Lighter Announces Issuance Of First US Patent For Visceral Fat Reduction 104
- Veronica Waldman, A Principal At DWGI, Ratifies Distinguished Ethical Jewelry Pledge
- Emmy-Nominated Hairstylist Jerilynn Stephens Shares 5 "F" Words on Winn Claybaugh's MASTERS Podcast
- Vikki Jones Started a Company Amidst 2008 Economic Crisis, Advises Some COVID19 Employment Victims To Do The Same
- Strat-O-Matic: Dallas, Toronto, Boston Close Out NBA Series With Game Seven Wins
- Veronica Waldman, A Principal At Diamond Wholesale Group, Inc., Implements Cash Referral Program
- PRISM Wealth Management Recruiting Launches The Financial Advisor 100
- Veronica Waldman, A Principal At DWGI, Embraces The Lessons Of "Blood Diamond" & The "KPC"
Similar on eTradeWire
- Beautyforever Remy Human Hair Summer Sale Up to 35% OFF
- Fashinnovation To Host 2nd Worldwide Talks 2020 Virtual Summit, And 3D Runway Show On World Environment & Oceans Day
- Face Masks Make a New Fashion Statement
- Fashion in Quarantine – What is happening?
- Glass Mosaic Artist Allison Eden Studios Pivots Into Fashion With Face Mask Line
- 10 Shopping Habits That Have Been Impacted By Coronavirus
- Family-Owned All Volleyball Announces First Two Recipients of Covid-19 Fundraiser Proceeds
- The Miguel Wilson Collection to reopen showrooms June 1
- Why Off the rack wedding dresses in Sacramento is a good choice for future brides?
- New Hair Styles & Cuts At The Genre Barber Salon In Cedar Rapids, Iowa Linn County, Iowa Coe College
So, how can we make purchases that satisfy our desire for something new and also be mindful of how their disposal impacts the Eco-system? Garment Saver, a clothing care company, offers 5 planet-friendly things to keep in mind on that next fun, fashion shopping trip.
1. Choose sustainable or Eco-friendly fabrics
Generally, natural fabrics like organic cotton, linen (made from plants) and wool are a few bio-degradable options.
2. Opt for fabrics that need colder wash & can be hung dry
Items that can be laundered in cooler or cold water means the washing machine uses less energy (and has less carbon emission) than washing in hot water. The same goes for the ability to hang dry items, which uses less energy than tumble drying.
More on eTradeWire News
- 2020 Graduates look to Celebrate Online in Virtual Graduation Celebration site
- Data integration specialist Vorro offers free access to platform and consulting for one month
- Hemoglobin Removal Products Show A Diverse Range of Uses - From Proteomics to Viral Antibodies
- Kentucky Homebuyers Bid Up Prices as Sellers Hold Back
- Crescent City Auction Gallery will hold an online-only Summer Estates Catalog Auction, June 13 & 14
3. Think "Can I spot clean this?"
Most washable garments can be easily spot cleaned. So, items need not be thrown into the wash basket at the first stain. A quick treatment spray and area rinse will keep it in rotation for wear, before a full cycle wash is needed.
4. Minimize discards by rethinking shopping decisions
That trendy color or fast-fashion garment looks great! But will it work for long term needs, or hold up through multiple washings? Consider investing more shopping dollars in higher quality garments versus lots of cheaper, "disposable" items.
5. Treat new purchases like there is a plan to re-sell or recycle them
Resale websites are very popular right now. That is a good thing! Simple practices can keep wardrobe items (even fast fashion clothing) at peak or near peak appearance during wear. This can enhance their value at donation or re-selling time and minimize the chance of them ending up in landfills. Maintenance includes proper cleaning, using correct storage methods, pest control, etc.
More on eTradeWire News
- 7 Last Words T-shirt to support Equal Justice Initiative
- Midwestern Farmers reap benefits of solar power for grain storage systems-Jeremy Lipinski
- Enmarket Opens Store of the Future in Savannah
- Toronto music artist bursts onto music scene
- Demand Justice for George Floyd
"Keeping these 5 simple things in mind on wardrobe shopping trips," says Sheryll Fraze, owner of Garment Saver, "Will hopefully help to strike a balance between the desire for refreshing our wardrobe and the need to be more Eco-responsible."
About Garment Saver
Garment Saver offers stylish solutions to make organizing and caring for your wardrobes easy. This includes clothing guards, specialty garment bags and modern pinafores for children. They also offer helpful tips on wardrobe care. Please visit them at http://www.garmentsaver.com.
- Heritage at Pennington sees Phase 2 success
- Traditions at Chesterfield's best-selling Alexandria home design is now available for a quick move
- New Online Course Available for Do-it-Yourself Divorces
- Scientology Info Center Hosts Stay Well Concert Watch Party
- A New Jersey Based Entertainment Group Embraces the Virtual Bar/Bat Mitzvah
- Real Estate Agent in Montebello, CA 90640
- Joyhorror Entertainment signs Martial Artist, Paul Mormando
- Todd Eppert Receives 2019 Brian Tracy Award for Sales Excellence from FocalPoint Business Coaching
- Qwinix Achieves Health and Life Sciences Expertise in the Google Cloud Partner Program
- Qualis Corporation awarded GSA OASIS SB Pool 3 & 4
- Evolve IP Offers Rapid Deployment of Desktop as a Service to Ingram Micro Partners
- Ohana Moments, The Premier Hand Crafted, Long Lasting Rose Shop Launches New Collection
- Michigan Psychological Care Offering Telemedicine
- Jacksonville Children's Chorus Changing Address, But Not Mission
- Santa Claus and Red Skelton Bring Back Meaning to The Pledge of Allegiance
- Rush to Replenish Auto Dealer Inventory Puts Upward Pressure on Used Vehicle Prices
- Qualis Corporation promotes Marc Peterson to VP Strategic Programs
- Team Acme Redesigns City Of Henderson's Vinyl Wraps On Patrol Vehicles
- SHIVA! The newest children's book by Demi
- 626 acquires the assets of Innovatus CR and DR Business. The World Slows Down. We Move Faster