Popular on eTradeWire
- The Frontline Falls Behind: Ineffective Training Threatens Financial Institutions, Says Support EXP 215
- Menke to present at the 2019 Employee Ownership Conference 208
- EmeryStation West lease with Novartis 193
- NAACP Reveals Nominations For The 28th Annual Theatre Awards 139
- Jill Liberman & Sean Kanan To Guest On The Jimmy Star Show With Ron Russell Wednesday Marcy 27, 2019 138
- Hip-Hop Music Industry 2019 News 132
- Vacation Rental Puerta a la Playa joins the VisitLaManzanilla.com family 129
- Sales Jobs in Houston a Hidden Secret
- Ventura College Foundation Announces Recipients of First Allied Health Scholarships
- Lil Cory Becomes Legally Blind
Similar on eTradeWire
- iHarvest™-The Future of Gardening is Indoors
- Exclusive Analysis Discovers Most Popular Mattress Brands In The US
- The 10 Prettiest Places to Retire in the Carolinas Announced by Topretirements.com
- Homes By Dickerson Celebrates 10 Years of High-Performance Building; Recognized as Top NGBS Builder in Nation
- Trunks N Benches: Offering Charming Indoor and Outdoor Furnishings
- Hurricane Michael Victims are not forgotten; GCI Consultants is there to stay until all buildings are inspected with reports & claims support
- Lang Realty's Brian Pearl and Vini Antonacci Sell Luxury Waterfront Residence at Mizner Grand
- Spring chirps. Lawns beckon. Some Post-Winter Clean Up Tips
- Montgomery Self Storage NY Adds Additional New Storage Units
- New phase of home sales begins in amenity-rich community
This year, the show will feature contractors who can help homeowners whose homes or landscaping were damaged or destroyed during the Hill Fire and Woolsey Fire.
"Rebuilding and repairing after a disaster is often an overwhelming experience. We're hoping that the show will be a valuable one-stop resource for homeowners whose properties were damaged in the fires," says Rick Goodman, show organizer. "The show attracts a variety of vendors with products and ideas for every taste and style and every type of project."
First-time home show vendor is Black Diamond Paver Stones & Landscape. The company, which designs and installs hardscapes and softscapes, began in northern California over 15 years ago and is now in Westlake Village. "The home show is our opportunity to introduce ourselves," says Keith Coburn, Black Diamond's southern California regional manager. "We want people to know that Black Diamond is committed to 100 percent client satisfaction. Homeowners are continually looking for ways to upgrade their property. Pavers and other hardscape features, ground cover and high-grade artificial turf are always in great demand."
More on eTradeWire News
- Prolific Press Has Published Final Arrangements by Mickey Corrigan
- Prolific Press Has Published The Impressionist Painter by Alan Humason
- Inspiring Florida Musical Artist announces First World Tour; Listen to Album on iTunes
- How Mass Shootings Affected my Work as a Filmmaker
- Comments to the Reserve Bank of India on Blockchain, Crypto
Another new vendor at the home show is Stiltz Lifts. The company installs home elevators in two and three-level houses after homeowners begin to find it difficult climbing up and down stairs. "People who love their homes want to age in place," says Michael Brice, Stiltz Lifts' Southern California president. "They don't want to move just because walking up and down stairs has become a chore."
The elevators have a relatively small footprint and some models can accommodate a wheelchair. Typically, the lift is installed in a hallway or family room in the downstairs of the property in either the corner or middle of a room. It leads up to a bedroom or landing. "The elevators are used as dumb waiters so you don't have to lug heavy items upstairs or down," says Brice.
The right type of window installation can mean the difference between a truly energy efficient window and one that isn't. Home Show vendor Clear Choice Windows cautions homeowners to never buy a window off the shelf at a big box store and try to install it yourself. "Every window or door opening is unique," says Bill Meneray, owner of the Simi Valley-based Clear Choice Windows. "They need to be professionally measured and installed to make sure the window or door is truly energy efficient." He says that track homebuilders are what keep window and door installers in business. "Doors and windows are where new construction skimps on grade and quality," says Meneray. As far as window trends, Meneray is noticing a comeback in mini-blinds placed in between windowpanes. "It was popular about 15 years ago and now we're seeing it again."
More on eTradeWire News
- Simple Steps to Control Your Child's Asthma – advice from pediatrician Kenneth Pomar Rebong, MD
- Giving Back To Our Veterans and Military Through Song at The 2019 Josie Music Awards Event!
- iHarvest™-The Future of Gardening is Indoors
- Grammy Winner Headlines Vegas Jazz Eclectic Concert Series
- Reality TV show breaks new ground in Pittsburgh
These and lots more home and decorating ideas will be at the show with professionals ready to answer questions. Home show hours are Saturday, 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and Sunday, 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Gourmet food trucks will be serving food on Saturday, April 13, from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
The entry fee at the door is $4 per person. For free tickets, visit www.westlakehomeshow.com. For more information, call 805-529-0760, go to www.facebook.com/ConejoValleyHomeShow or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- OneAZ Credit Union celebrates Earth Day with special Tesla financing options and Radio Flyer Tesla Model S giveaway
- LMS50 Adds Additional Online Safety Training Titles
- Holocaust survivor's granddaughter pens memoir about what happens when corrupt leaders in charge
- Naacp Memphis Branch, The New Tri-state Defender & Kroger Delta Division Announce Grant Winners
- Drummer Bob Holz in Modern Drummer Magazine
- National Association of Black Journalists to Host Regional Conference in Cincinnati
- First Bancorp of Indiana, Inc. Announces Financial Results
- Kroger Health Partners With FoodNiche To Drive Conversation On Healthier Future of Food
- Milk Hall of Fame Announces USA and International 2020 Spokesmodel Video and Photographic Auditions Have Begun - in Your Own Language
- Kintsugi / Kintsukuroi Art - How it is Made, Where to Buy Pottery with Gold Repair? Available in The USA
- "I Like To Eat Children" by Author Reagan Rothe Now Available in Audiobook Format Worldwide
- 651vinyl.com Adds Siser Brick 600 to Product Line
- Celebrate Easter with Exciting Offers on Kids Accessories by ShopEnglish. Visit us today!
- Saf-Gard Safety Shoe Company Opens New Location in York, PA
- Another Home Run Murder Mystery Now Showing
- Blac Chyna Negotiations with Warner Bros. Move Forward
- MFASCO awarded a GSA with the assistance of Mr. Brian Charles with Government Marketplace LLC
- Arctic Encounter Presents 6th Annual Flagship Symposium
- Saf-Gard/Vulcan Safety Shoe Company Opens Location in Charleston, SC
- SVN Storage Realty's Team Sells $7,000,000 Facility in Saratoga County, NY