Popular on eTradeWire
- Realistic Salary Expectations for Teaching English Overseas 885
- Las Vegas Walk of Stars to Honor Frank Shankwitz 550
- National Recording Artist Bre Naí has a Live Performance in Louisiana: Media Alert 6/7/2019 9:30PM 165
- New Major Bed Bug Class Action Lawsuit Against Marriott Hotels 114
- Bedfont adds 2 new respiratory specialists to its NObreath® Medical Advisory Board
- Warm Springs Health & Wellness Center Implements Digisonics Solution for OB Ultrasound
- Tourico Vacations Reviews Getaway
- We now stock HP Pavilion 15-CK Laptop Parts
- Introducing Noy Marom, "Follow Your Bliss"
- Author Judith Keim Releases New Women's Fiction, Romance Novel – Change Of Heart
Similar on eTradeWire
- Leaders Demand Presidential Debate On Climate Emergency
- Mayors Miguel Pulido and John Giles to be Honored at Tribute to Mayors
- ACF Technologies appoints Frank Azimpour as Vice-President of Operations
- Protecting Legal Rights In ICE's New Deportation Raids
- Gold Star Wives and Mothers Say "No" to Socialism in Rally for Freedom at U.S. Capitol July 4th!
- Lee County Tax Collector wins Florida Sterling Council Award
- Microfacs Inc. awarded a GSA "MAS" Contract with the assistance of the Government Marketplace LLC team and Mr. Brian Charles
- It's a New Day for Judicial Oversight in America
- NATP Voices Support for Taxpayer Protection and Preparer Proficiency Act of 2019
- Batley CPA Tax & Business Alert June 2019
209 economists have signed a public statement supporting Medicare for All. (See statement here): (https://fenton.egnyte.com/dl/CdiyzJHzUZ).
The letter calls the current health care system "exorbitant and wasteful" and asserts that "the time is now to create a universal, single-payer, Medicare for All health care system in the United States."
"America's health system turns our survival over to greedy companies with the market power to set outrageously high prices. Medicare for All will give us a system already proven in other countries: much lower costs with less hassle and worry. It's a sure winner – except for the profiteers," said Jeffery Sachs, world-renowned professor of economics at Columbia University.
The letter has been sent to Members of Congress ahead of the House Budget Committee's hearing on Medicare for All on May 22. It is spearheaded by National Nurses United, National Economic and Social Rights Initiative, Business Initiative for Health Policy, Progressive Democrats of America and Progressive Caucus Action Fund.
More on eTradeWire News
- Planning Is Key For Putting On A Good Show
- Woni Spotts Becomes First Black Woman to Travel to Every Single Country in The World
- New Brochure Released for the Pharmaceutical Cleanroom Technology Europe Conference 2019
- Pundi X Adds Virtual Rehab's VRH Token to Payment Ecosystem
- Sturges Ridge of Fairfield Goes Purple on "The Longest Day" for Alzheimer's Awareness
In the letter, the economists underline the savings of the multi-payer insurance system in the United States, especially compared to other countries. "Public financing for health is not a matter of raising new money for health care," the letter states, "but of reducing total health care outlays and distributing payments more equitably and efficiently." See letter here: statement supporting Medicare for All (https://fenton.egnyte.com/dl/CdiyzJHzUZ).
Economic analyses by the Mercatus Center and the Political Economy Research Institute at the University of Massachusetts-Amherst, for example, have projected the Medicare for All would reduce total national health care costs by hundreds of billions of dollars each year while simultaneously guaranteeing safe, therapeutic health care for every person in the United States.
"For patients, the effects would be life-changing," said National Nurses United President Jean Ross. "A Medicare for All system would guarantee the care we need throughout our lifetimes and patients would no longer have to deal with debilitating premiums, out-of-pocket costs, hospital bills, and drug costs again."
More on eTradeWire News
- Washington Trust Provides $30 Million to Benchmark for Popular New Pond Village Community in Walpole
- How To Build Customer Engagement By Collecting Survey Data And Feedback Forms
- Fromm Pest Control Offering Free Termite Inspections in Time for the Start of Termite Season
- Mirage' Coming To Amazon Prime July 16 | Pre-Order Now
- Hanley Investment Group Arranges Sale of Multi-tenant Pad Building for $901 PSF in Phoenix Metro
The statement says that "implementing a unified single-payer system would reduce administrative costs," and that "combined with public control of drug prices and a dramatically simplified global budgeting system, a sensible Medicare financing system would reduce healthcare costs while guaranteeing access to comprehensive care and financial security to all."
Adding "Medicare for All is the only proposal in Congress that would streamline administration through a single public payer and introduce these public controls on drug and hospital prices."
"This letter illustrates how Medicare for All is really a win-win," says Cathy Albisa, Executive Director of the National Economic and Social Rights Initiative. "It would lower the nation's health care costs over time while guaranteeing everyone the care they need and financial security. The only real losers are the big health care companies profiting off of our sickness and health."
Alan Minsky, Progressive Democrats of America
- Lila Nikole Collection Launches Free Spirit At Swimmiami
- Perfect Bedding Company: Memorable Bedding and Furniture to Create Your Ideal Bedroom
- AFEA Expands by Adding Chapter in Carrollton, TX
- Doggy Delight Beds: Premium Dog Supplies and Accessories for Happy Pups!
- Else Nutrition, Plant-Based Food Startup, Receives Huge Welcome on the Toronto Stock Exchange
- Luna Energy Partner's Multi-Warehouse Lighting Retrofit Project
- Your Fishing Fun: Discover Essential Fishing Gear for Memorable Fishing Adventures
- SunTech Drive Announces Nomination for Colorado Companies to Watch Award
- Owens & Brigham Teams with Luna Energy Partners for Massive Energy Savings
- Lipman Family Farms hosts 8th annual Backpack Giveaway
- Mike's Campout: Products to Prepare for Your Next Adventure
- Top Doctor- Dr. Sasha Haberle of Metrolina Dermatology
- Vic Datta is Recognized as an NACD Governance Fellow
- Perle launches DIN Rail Patch Panels
- Enjoy 'Book Now, Pay Later' Offer from KeysCaribbean Vacation Home Rentals for Your Next Vacation in the Florida Keys
- Home Care Assistance Calgary Partners with Dignity Memorial
- Free Shawnee Riverfest VIII Concert Back for Another Year
- InfinityQS Named to Supply & Demand Chain Executive's 2019 List of Top 100 Supply Chain Projects
- Henderson Franklin Welcomes Antoinette Peck to Family Law Department
- CESI's CLC Celebrates A Year of Providing Financial Wellness Program to Local Employers