Popular on eTradeWire
- Color Code Security System, Fintech and Crypto Solutions Launched by Starcave Global 529
- Owner Assisted Yacht Deliveries 435
- The 'Fittest Woman On Earth' Visits Puerto Vallarta 386
- Golf & Luxury When You Visit Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel Romantic Getaway 372
- Emily Bertsch Chosen For Hosted Future Leaders In Travel Retreat Event 365
- Tenon Tours Recognized As A Five-time Honoree Among Inc 2019 5000 Most Successful Companies 249
- New WordPress Plugin Feature: Line Chart Graphing 194
- Learn How to Build a Website From Scratch With Space Doggos 2 192
- American Airlines cancellation policy due to weather 177
- Creighton Construction & Development completes 7-Eleven in Miami, begins 7-Elevens in Florida, Texas 174
Similar on eTradeWire
- WIFA Closes $6.2 Million Loan With the City of Peoria
- We The Creative develops three 2018 Year In Review reports for City of Long Beach
- Habitu8 Named Official Video Partner for National Cyber Security Awareness Month
- DOT regulations differ from Clearinghouse requirements
- The Patient Activation Measure® (PAM®) Assessment to be Incorporated into Select CMS Alternative Payment Models
- ASAP Systems, the Market Leader in Asset Tracking, Partners with School District to Increase Equipment Tracking & Visibility
- AbleVets Named a Finalist for a 2019 Greater Washington Government Contractor Award
- Canada's Fourth Front Runs For The 2019 Federal Elections
- Moms to Hold Press Conference at Capitol Hill on Constitution Day, Say "No" to Socialism
- Greens - Only Party to Submit Budget, Release 2019 Platform
209 economists have signed a public statement supporting Medicare for All. (See statement here): (https://fenton.egnyte.com/dl/CdiyzJHzUZ).
The letter calls the current health care system "exorbitant and wasteful" and asserts that "the time is now to create a universal, single-payer, Medicare for All health care system in the United States."
"America's health system turns our survival over to greedy companies with the market power to set outrageously high prices. Medicare for All will give us a system already proven in other countries: much lower costs with less hassle and worry. It's a sure winner – except for the profiteers," said Jeffery Sachs, world-renowned professor of economics at Columbia University.
The letter has been sent to Members of Congress ahead of the House Budget Committee's hearing on Medicare for All on May 22. It is spearheaded by National Nurses United, National Economic and Social Rights Initiative, Business Initiative for Health Policy, Progressive Democrats of America and Progressive Caucus Action Fund.
More on eTradeWire News
- Olympic Medalist Monica Aksamit Sets Out on 2020 Olympic Quest
- Chief Internet Marketer CEO launches Radio Show
- Hbma Announces Election Of New Board Members
- Wayra Uk: Black Is The New Black
- First Forensic Criminal Tagging System Installed in Florida
In the letter, the economists underline the savings of the multi-payer insurance system in the United States, especially compared to other countries. "Public financing for health is not a matter of raising new money for health care," the letter states, "but of reducing total health care outlays and distributing payments more equitably and efficiently." See letter here: statement supporting Medicare for All (https://fenton.egnyte.com/dl/CdiyzJHzUZ).
Economic analyses by the Mercatus Center and the Political Economy Research Institute at the University of Massachusetts-Amherst, for example, have projected the Medicare for All would reduce total national health care costs by hundreds of billions of dollars each year while simultaneously guaranteeing safe, therapeutic health care for every person in the United States.
"For patients, the effects would be life-changing," said National Nurses United President Jean Ross. "A Medicare for All system would guarantee the care we need throughout our lifetimes and patients would no longer have to deal with debilitating premiums, out-of-pocket costs, hospital bills, and drug costs again."
More on eTradeWire News
- The MN Christmas Market at Nicollet Island Pavilion is a Charity Marketplace Featuring MN Brands
- Official Launch of ExhibitDay.com
- OFAC, Global Affairs Canada to speak at Canadian Forum on Global Economic Sanctions in Toronto in TWO WEEKS
- The Art Of Untangling Celebrates 2nd Year Publishing Anniversary
- Braces in Exton Available for All-Inclusive Price of $3,995
The statement says that "implementing a unified single-payer system would reduce administrative costs," and that "combined with public control of drug prices and a dramatically simplified global budgeting system, a sensible Medicare financing system would reduce healthcare costs while guaranteeing access to comprehensive care and financial security to all."
Adding "Medicare for All is the only proposal in Congress that would streamline administration through a single public payer and introduce these public controls on drug and hospital prices."
"This letter illustrates how Medicare for All is really a win-win," says Cathy Albisa, Executive Director of the National Economic and Social Rights Initiative. "It would lower the nation's health care costs over time while guaranteeing everyone the care they need and financial security. The only real losers are the big health care companies profiting off of our sickness and health."
Alan Minsky, Progressive Democrats of America
- Re-Stem Biotech Research Collaboration Featured on Johns Hopkins Technology Ventures' Website
- NHR Presents at the Automotive Testing Expo 2019 in Novi, Michigan
- The New York Stock Exchange edition of the Digital Innovators show features Starcave Global's revolutionary Color Code Security System
- Trump Loving Latino's New Book Encourages Transparent, Well Intentioned Discussion To Bring Americans Closer
- GeoLang Partners with Northdoor plc to deliver award-winning data security solutions
- 'Lost' Guggenheim Portrait Discovered After 93 Years
- LyvEdit, A Unique Real-Time Video Editing App, Launches On iOS
- Create an instant retail pop-up store with WaveLine Merchandiser display kits available at Best Tradeshow Display
- Never Ending Summer is more then just a tour, its a rock album
- Fairfield Gourmet Food Corporation - The Parent Company of David's Cookies Announces the Acquisition of Foxtail Foods
- Doosan Machine Tools Selects MachBase Time-Series Database for Enhanced Edge Computing Capabilities
- Michael Szymanski Earns NAR Short Sales and Foreclosure Resource® Certification
- Otter Learning Expands Childcare Presence in Orlando
- International Grief Institute Advisory Board Member Announced
- The Survival Sign Publishes New Facebook Business Page
- Ben Byron Davis of Red Dead Redemption II joins The Grindhouse Radio
- Jared Goff to Donate $1,000 per Touchdown to Support California Strong
- Steeves and Associates Invited to Attend Microsoft Identity-Driven Security Airlift Event
- Children's Services Foundation of SWFL makes first grants to help fill service gaps
- CGI Franchise Launches a New Website