Popular on eTradeWire
- Mexico Investment Casting Facility Announces Robotic Expansion 233
- Menke to present at the 2019 Employee Ownership Conference 207
- EmeryStation West lease with Novartis 192
- The Frontline Falls Behind: Ineffective Training Threatens Financial Institutions, Says Support EXP 152
- Jill Liberman & Sean Kanan To Guest On The Jimmy Star Show With Ron Russell Wednesday Marcy 27, 2019 136
- NAACP Reveals Nominations For The 28th Annual Theatre Awards 134
- Hip-Hop Music Industry 2019 News 131
- Vacation Rental Puerta a la Playa joins the VisitLaManzanilla.com family 128
- Sales Jobs in Houston a Hidden Secret
- Single Mom Sarah Centrella Goes from Poverty to Best Selling Author Thanks to Her "Vision Boards"
Similar on eTradeWire
- New Video Explores DANGERS OF BUI
- Pro Wrestling Legends' Match to be Featured in Upcoming Movie
- Jim Tunney to be inducted into California Interscholastic Federation Hall of Fame
- Easter egg hunt, Star Wars Night & fireworks highlight Fort Myers Miracle's three-day homestand
- United Premier Soccer League Announces Partner The Right Stuff as Goal of the Week Sponsor
- Industry Leading Pay Per Head Company Launches New Website
- U.S. Women Stars Hildebrandt, Velte Take On Canadians At Beat the Streets Grapple At The Garden May
- AAA Chihuahuas launch with StellarAlgo
- Rekindling the Magic of Snooker
- United Premier Soccer League Announces Business Partnership with HI-POD
"It hasn't been a decade since one of the worst nuclear disasters ever. To see that few seem concerned about the health of athletes and visitors headed for Tokyo and Fukushima is crazy," said Richmond at a recent presentation.
After the March 11, 2011 nuclear disaster, Japan erected temporary housing for the tens of thousands of evacuees fleeing the tsunami devastation and subsequent release of dangerous nuclear radiation. Japan announced on January 2, 2019, that it planned to gather and recycle aluminum, specifically from any no-longer-being-used Fukushima temporary housing, to craft Olympic torches. The hope is that the torches will symbolize that Japan is "reconstructing" after the Fukushima disaster.
More on eTradeWire News
- Co-Founder of Red Feather Financial Dr. Sabrina Scott Recommends Long-Term Care Planning
- C-FLUOR Submersible Probes, Ultra Low-Power sensors
- Six Years After Tragedy Rachael's First Week is Still Going Strong Educating Teens
- Invaluable Service for Older Drivers and Their Concerned Families
- Lakeside Pottery Studio Awarded the Better Business Bureau's 2019 Torch Award for Ethics
Reacting to the torch plan, Col. Richmond said, "Everyone empathizes with the people of Fukushima and Japan. But the torch sounds like a marketing ploy to deflect... Make no mistake about it - the disaster is far from over."
Richmond pointed out that "some serious scientists are already calling the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant disaster far worse than Chernobyl... Where is the coverage and journalistic investigations? All you read about is from apologists claiming that Fukushima is healing and all is getting better... but the disaster released the largest amount of radioactive material ever discharged into the ocean in history. And that continues to this day. Today. Right now..."
The 2020 Olympics Games are in Tokyo but some baseball and softball games are now slated to be played in Fukushima at the Azuma Stadium. Richmond asks, "What's the real risk? How will visitors be kept safe? Are the parks safe? Are there local areas that should be avoided? How is the food tested? Is it all tested or just sampled? Have hotels been thoroughly checked including individual rooms? Have rental cars been inspected? How was all the radioactive dust cleaned up?"
When asked about the many official sources saying "everything is fine," Richmond replied, "Sadly, in researching the Fukushima disaster aftermath for our book, the one consistency we quickly discovered was that there was much evidence of misinformation, fact-bending, and a lack of transparency bordering on the obscene. In just one instance, the government actually increased, by 1,900%, what they would consider 'safe' levels of nuclear radiation in order to more quickly get past any stigma... Crazy… And when citizens with Geiger counters are measuring levels of radiation much higher than the officially 'posted' levels, you need to investigate and find out the truth."
More on eTradeWire News
- Why 'Knot?' Celebrate National Pretzel Day Friday, April 26 at Bavarian Inn Restaurant
- Formula Cloud: Become Data Resilient... Jump Start Your Mission with AWS Storage Options
- New Video Explores DANGERS OF BUI
- Join Artemis Women In Action Film Festival for an Incredible 4-Day Celebration of Female Action & Empowerment Heroes, Starting Thurs., April 25, 2019!
- Global Warming – Reduce Carbon Pollution & Particulates ECO Fuel Systems, LLC
Richmond called for an impartial global team of experienced nuclear scientists and medical doctors to be allowed to check out the areas in and around the Olympic facilities. He ended by warning that "before traveling to Japan and Fukushima for the 2020 Olympics, get an honest grip on the risks to your health. Remember, radiation poisoning is cumulative, can take years to manifest, and doesn't always affect everyone equally. Are you willing to expose yourself without understanding the actual facts?"
FUKUSHIMA 311: Is the enduring aftermath of the Fukushima nuclear disaster killing off the Earth? by Col. Walter T. Richmond available exclusively at Amazon https://amzn.to/2Wt3ttp
- 63 y.o Hollywood actor , model became Gucci face in SS 2019 campaign
- Millenium SynthFuels Announces The Success of It's Exhaust Gas Clean-up Technologies
- Fennemore Craig Attorneys Recognized in AZ Big Media List of Top 100 Lawyers in Arizona for 2019
- Declassification of CBD in Texas Clears Path for Radix Remedies Store Openings
- New Dance Academy with a Passion for Humble
- El Dorado Furniture is hiring for various positions in Dade, Broward, Palm Beach and Lee counties!
- KSPS Productions Nominated for Two 2018 Northwest Regional Professional Emmy® Awards
- 9th St. Louis Teen Talent Competition Finals Winners Announced
- The Spring Carlisle Auction Readies for Two Days of Fast Paced Excitement
- Carlisle Events Celebrates the Summer of '69 During the 2019 Event Season
- ABCO Energy Announces Results of Operations for 2018
- Raritan Valley Dance Ensemble to perform at The Center for Contemporary Art
- CourseFromScratch.Com Reviews - Danielle Leslie's High Ticket Program
- Governor Gretchen Whitmer To Speak at Governor's Fitness Awards in Detroit
- British Swim School Is On The Move To Canada
- Christian Music Site, Indieheaven.com, Closes
- New Silva UltraMind book helps you unleash your personal power
- International House at UC Berkeley to Recognize Notable Alumna Baroness Oona King
- Dr Imafidon MBE gets honoured with the freedom of the City of London
- 5 Ways To Think Eco-Friendly When Clothes Shopping This Spring