Popular on eTradeWire
- One Of Hip Hop's Secret Unknown Gem Black Diamond 3939
- Perfect Fabric for Wide Variety of Dresses 879
- Remodeling Experts Share Seven (Costly) Mistakes to Avoid 872
- Coming Next Week: Palm Beach Chapter of the Rare Fruit Council to Host TROPICAL FRUIT & PLANTS 871
- Rook Coffee Accepts Applications For Second Annual Day of Giving 857
- Calvetta Phair launches new Refer All Staffing App with Corporate and Community Events 852
- The Gem City's Ready To Shine As Fashion Capital Of Midwest With Dayton Fashion Week 770
- New Proposal May Allow Debt Collectors to Communicate Through Social Media 535
- Zoom Electric Scooters brings the future to today with their range of 100% electric Mopeds 442
- Rundgren Radio To Promote A Tribute To The Beatles' White Album in Cincinnati OH With Todd Rundgren 359
Similar on eTradeWire
- David Alexander Realty Expands, Opens Branch Office in Downtown Lake Worth Beach
- 1st Defense Self-Storage Sets The Standard For Self-Storage In Corpus Christi
- Life-Saving Defibrillator Installed at Derby's Cardinal Square
- Premier Point office complex sells
- Pendleton Financing Funds Businesses Nationwide
- Former Winn Dixie in Gainesville to become Crunch Fitness
- Mizner Country Club Debuts "CENTRAL" – Its $22 Million Expansion
- NORACORE INC. Wins a 2019 Pro Tool Innovation Award
- Cornerstone First Financial Becomes Exclusive Preferred Lender For Bloom Residential Property
- Sounds like a wonderful street to live on!
This will trigger the submission of an outline planning application for the comprehensive redevelopment of Becketwell and a detailed application for the first phase comprising a high quality new public square and 342 Build to Rent apartments.
The exchange of contracts on the sites marks a significant milestone in the delivery of the £200 million regeneration project following lengthy negotiations between Derby City Council and St James Securities.
Phase one of the regeneration scheme comprises of plans for 342 Build to Rent apartments on the site of the former Debenhams store on Victoria Street and a new public square on the site of the current United Reform Church as the centre piece of the development.
The new multi-purpose public square will be the centrepiece of the proposed development and will be delivered as part of the first phase of development.
The planning application will also be supported by a request to include a range of other complementary uses of the site, including up to 25,000 sq m of new grade A offices, innovation centre and leisure to complement the residential and a planned multi storey car park with a smaller more intimate courtyard public square called Summerhill Yard to reflect that part of the site's historic street name.
More on eTradeWire News
- Morven Museum & Garden presents Dreaming of Utopia: Roosevelt, New Jersey November 15, 2019 - May 10, 2020
- Environmental Activist Band 'Instrument of Peace' is Hosting Its Album Release Celebration
- California CRV is Finished! Or is it?
- Tony Award®-nominated Broadway revival of Fiddler on the Roof is experiencing a cast change
- Former San Marcos High School Principal Files Appeal After Court Ruling Against His Reinstatement
When showcased at a public consultation hosted by St James Securities in March, the plans received overwhelmingly positive feedback with 89% of respondents in full support of the project.
The vision for the wider site is to create a whole new part of the city centre with its own distinct character and identity. This will take the form of a series of buildings, spaces and views that will enhance the attractiveness and vitality of the city.
The regeneration is expected to draw both office workers and residents to the city centre which will help boost activity outside of traditional retail hours, alongside other benefits.
St James Securities have completed many successful projects of this scale, including St Paul's Place in Sheffield and the award-winning Round Foundry in Leeds.
The work on the demolition of the former Debenhams building is set to start in September 2019, with construction work on the first phase of development set to commence in 2020.
BH PR & Communication
- PODS® Las Vegas Steps in to Help Residents Declutter to Resell
- CX Orlando Named MSPA Elite Firm for 2020
- Opening Reception Friday, November 8, 2019, 6-8pm
- San Francisco Writer Anh Lê Remembers U.S. Representative Elijah Cummings
- Thiel College Announces October Students of the Month
- How Two Managers Benefited from the Team Process Questionnaire
- The Trailer Film Festival Los Angeles
- A Focus on Sourcing Yields Pierpoint International Recognition by HRO Today
- Prime Launches Secure WiFi-as-a-Service to Protect Customers from Cyber Attacks
- 'WE WILL ROCK YOU' Rock Musical Experience Takes Stage at Duke Energy Center for the Arts
- WaterSmart Systems & Plumbing - Celebrating 25 years In Business!
- New eSports League and Streaming Channel Coming to Arizona in 2020
- May Wes Introduces Planter Stalk Stompers for John Deere 17700NT Planters
- Brown & Brown Insurance's Charity Golf Outing raises record amount to benefit Child Care of SWFL
- Creighton Construction & Development completes 7-Eleven projects on Pine Island and in Venice
- Gulf Coast PRSA honors public relations pros
- Cypress Pharmacy's Nov. 9 Seminar Saturday to highlight the benefits of self-care
- Zadro Products Launch Redesigned Website To Simplify The Beauty & Home Shopping Experience
- Stevens Construction begins Viscaya-Prado Veterinary Hospital
- Eastern Market Staple Gets a New Location - Discount Candles & Blessings